HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OT: NHL GameCentre - Subscription Cancellations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1350991)

OrrCam 02-15-2013 08:22 AM

NHL GameCentre - Subscription Cancellations

I don't see a prefix that fits this thread. Hopefully OT means 'off topic' or 'Other', both of which would work I guess....sort of.

Anyway, for the past couple of years, I've subscribed to NHL GameCentre. This year due to availability of the NHL Centre Ice package at a reasonable short-season cost, in mid January I contacted NHL GameCentre by email and cancelled my subscription. They confirmed the cancellation by return email on January 16 advising thy had removed my subscription from the automatic debit (to my credit card) process.

On January 22, yeup you guessed it, they debited the $49.99 payment to my cerdit card. So I sent them another email, this time with a slightly more robust tone, and asked them to credit the $49.99 back to my account forthwith. They've since confirmed that the I can expect to see the credit processed to my credit card in the next 3 to 7 business days. We shall see.

One of my co-workers went through precisely the same cancellation process and they debited his account for payment as well. I would be shocked if this didn't happen to some of the good folks and Bs fans on this board. So if you cancelled the service, you may want to check to ensure the NHL hasn't taken your money anyway. Just sayin'.

Oh by the way, here's NHL GameCentre's email address, in case you need to recover some money:

neuliongclsupport@neulion.com

Go Bruins Go!!!!
OrrCam

Hnidy Hnight 02-15-2013 09:31 AM

I had to cancel my center ice package. Pixels or something technical I was told. Bunch of squares all over the screen. The games looked like the Brady Bunch opening intro.

jasonbaz77* 02-15-2013 12:30 PM

I canceled. 10 games into the season and I got to see 1 (ONE) game that was not blacked out...and I AM IN NEW YORK.

Complete waste of money for me.

SpokedLightning 02-15-2013 12:32 PM

My guess if you live a MSG area CI/GCL would stink as don't they carry most of the games for the Rangers/Islanders/Sabres and would be blacked out. Do they carry devils games too?

jasonbaz77* 02-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BergyMeister (Post 59769925)
My guess if you live a MSG area CI/GCL would stink as don't they carry most of the games for the Rangers/Islanders/Sabres and would be blacked out. Do they carry devils games too?

Yes they do...plus GC will black out games carried by NHL network, NBC etc.etc. and I got rid of cable.

Charbacca08 02-15-2013 06:55 PM

Oddly enough, living in LA the only games I have blacked out are the NBC NHLN games. None of the Kings, Ducks, or Sharks games have ever been blacked out.