HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How would you rank our forwards ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1351055)

zzoo 02-15-2013 10:56 AM

How would you rank our forwards ?
 
How would you rank our forwards at time being ? Don't judge on the potential. Imagine that we start the Final tomorrow, and we could only choose either, 6 or 9 players.

Plekanec
Bourque
Cole
Pacioretty
Gionta
Eller
Desharnais
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prust
Moen
Armstrong

CP31 02-15-2013 11:08 AM

Plekanec
Bourque
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prust
Eller
Gionta
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Cole
Moen
Armstrong

MsChanandlerBong 02-15-2013 11:11 AM

Plekanec
Bourque
Pacioretty
Gionta
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prust
Desharnais
Eller
Moen
Cole
Armstrong

Kjell Dahlin 02-15-2013 11:28 AM

Imagine that we start the Final tomorrow?

I would give Galchenyuk’s spot to Eller (Galchenyuk is a Gem but, right now, Eller is a better player) and call up Dumont to replace Armstrong.

Prust would be on my top3 lines.

And I would also find a spot for a healthy Nokelainen: we badly need his faceoffs skills.

Rosso Scuderia 02-15-2013 11:30 AM

I dunno.. DD, Cole, Pacioretty disappoints me much more than Colby Armstrong. Yeah I know Armstrong doesn't bring much as a 4th liner but he's not hurting the team either. He's playing on the PK, doesn't take bad penalties and never puts the team in trouble.

Meanwhile our so called (ex) first line and their lacks of production is actually "hurting" the team much more. They don't play on the PK, gets PP time, gets softer opposition yet they have all trouble in the world to produce.

Kjell Dahlin 02-15-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia (Post 59766555)
I dunno.. DD, Cole, Pacioretty disappoints me much more than Colby Armstrong. Yeah I know Armstrong doesn't bring much as a 4th liner but he's not hurting the team either. He's playing on the PK, doesn't take bad penalties and never puts the team in trouble.

Meanwhile our so called (ex) first line and their lacks of production is actually "hurting" the team much more. They don't play on the PK, gets PP time, gets softer opposition yet they have all trouble in the world to produce.

Desharnais has been playing solid hockey lately and Cole, though he still haven’t find his top gear, did step his game up a notch. Pacioretty is looking weak in his 1 vs 1 battles and he lost his edge in the slot but, as I already mentioned in a similar thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1350705), the panic button is light-years away. He will battle his way out of it.

Regarding “... gets softer opposition...”: are they? I did not read the quality of competition related stats but I have the impression that Galchenyuk and Gallagher are receive most if not all the “easy” minutes. I would even add that contrary to our 2011-12 first line, the kids don’t even have to cope with our opponents’ top D pairing and shutdown line.

As for Armstrong... I still can't figure out if he is quietly effective or simply invisible/useless!

MsChanandlerBong 02-15-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Regarding “... gets softer opposition...”: are they? I did not read the quality of competition related stats but I have the impression that Galchenyuk and Gallagher are receive most if not all the “easy” minutes. I would even add that contrary to our 2011-12 first line, the kids don’t even have to cope with our opponents’ top D pairing and shutdown line.

As for Armstrong... I still can't figure out if he is quietly effective or simply invisible/useless!
I think he means softer minutes than Plekanec's line. Last year DD's line played much softer minutes than Plek's but they performed well so it was justified. This year, although they play tougher competition than perhaps Galchenyuk's line, they do not play necessarily tough minutes and their performance is abysmal at best.

Kjell Dahlin 02-15-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 59767655)
I think he means softer minutes than Plekanec's line. Last year DD's line played much softer minutes than Plek's but they performed well so it was justified. This year, although they play tougher competition than perhaps Galchenyuk's line, they do not play necessarily tough minutes and their performance is abysmal at best.

Plek is the Man!

Treb 02-15-2013 12:07 PM

Plekanec
Bourque
Eller
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prust
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Gionta
Cole
Moen
Armstrong

BlackStar 02-15-2013 12:36 PM

AGally has been pretty good for us, but I think BGally has been slightly better. He's simply been more assertive and noticeable on the ice. This is ofcurse because BGally is two years older and has an easier time adjusting to the league because of the games he played in the AHL.

I would not be at all surprised if AGally outperforms BGally later this year, in fact, I expect it. Nonetheless, I think BGally has been better. I am very impressed with both of them though.

Anyways, here's my list:

Plekanec
Bourque
Eller
BGally
AGally
MaxPac
Prust
Gionta
Deshairnais
Cole
White
Moen
Armstrong

My list is about their production AND positive impact on the team.

Boomsticks 02-15-2013 12:43 PM

Plekanec
Bourque
BGally
AGally
Eller
Pacioretty
Prust
Gionta
Cole
Moen
Armstrong
White
Desharnais

Habs 4 Life 02-15-2013 12:45 PM

Year after year the only thing we keep noticing is that Plekanec is our best forward

Alexdaman 02-16-2013 02:37 AM

Plekanec
Bourque
Gionta
Eller
Pacioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Prust
Cole
Moen
Armstrong

Alexdaman 02-16-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 59766443)
Imagine that we start the Final tomorrow?

I would give Galchenyuk’s spot to Eller (Galchenyuk is a Gem but, right now, Eller is a better player) and call up Dumont to replace Armstrong.

Prust would be on my top3 lines.

And I would also find a spot for a healthy Nokelainen: we badly need his faceoffs skills.

Gallagher/Eller/Prust.... :help:
Moen/Galchenyuk/Armstrong... :help:

vokiel 02-16-2013 02:49 AM

Plekanec
Bourque
Gionta
Prust
Desharnais
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Eller
Pacioretty
Moen
Cole
White
Armstrong

Bolded are under-performing imho.

vokiel 02-16-2013 02:53 AM

I realize what I really meant was:

Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon

:sarcasm:

Alexdaman 02-16-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 59819137)
I realize what I really meant was:

Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon
Bouillon

:sarcasm:

Not a forward.

vokiel 02-16-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 59819161)
Not a forward.

Don't tempt Therrien.

onemorecup* 02-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 59765019)
How would you rank our forwards at time being ? Don't judge on the potential. Imagine that we start the Final tomorrow, and we could only choose either, 6 or 9 players.

Plekanec
Bourque
Cole
Pacioretty
Gionta
Eller
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prust
Moen
white

the above are mine

danyhabsfan 02-16-2013 01:43 PM

It's funny to see that Eller is rank in the top 6 for everybody while Therrien still uses him on the 4th line....

Cyclones Rock 02-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 59833179)
It's funny to see that Eller is rank in the top 6 for everybody while Therrien still uses him on the 4th line....

Eller is by far the most overrated player on this board and it ain't even close.

Ghetto Sangria 02-16-2013 01:46 PM

Plekanec
Bourque
Eller
Gionta
Pacioretty
Prust
B Gally
A Gally
Cole
DD
Moen
White
Army

Natey 02-16-2013 02:17 PM

Plekanec
Bourque
Gallagher
Eller
Prust
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Cole
Pacioretty
Gionta
White
Moen
Armstrong

That's based on the season to this point. If you're basing this on the last couple of games, the list changes drastically.

Habs Junkie 02-16-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB (Post 59834577)
Plekanec
Bourque
Gallagher
Eller
Prust
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Cole
Pacioretty
Gionta
White
Moen
Armstrong

That's based on the season to this point. If you're basing this on the last couple of games, the list changes drastically.

Gionta, Cole and Pacioretty >>>>>>>>>> Desharnais

And in one thread you say Pleks is our best forward and on another you say Bourque. Which one is it?

Natey 02-16-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs Junkie (Post 59835745)
Gionta, Cole and Pacioretty >>>>>>>>>> Desharnais

And in one thread you say Pleks is our best forward and on another you say Bourque. Which one is it?

lol you're not going to bait me about Desharnais..

As for Pleks and Bourque.. Bourque has been our best player, but if I had to pick between this thread (which the OP states), I'd take Pleks over Bourque on production alone since overall they've been pretty close. Night in, night out - Bourque has been the best. But in the playoffs, you need to win games and Bourque isn't scoring for some strange reason despite having one million scoring chances.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.