HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Dunkin Donuts - DID NOT GET MY RECEIPT - extremely DISSATISFIED (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1351279)

MainDotC 02-15-2013 04:16 PM

Dunkin Donuts - DID NOT GET MY RECEIPT - extremely DISSATISFIED

Last night I was on my way home from work and I stopped off at the Dunkin Donuts at 135 Albany St Cazenovia, NY 13035 to pick up a half dozen donuts. I paid for the order and the clerk "Sheryl", who looked about 16 and likely a student at Cazenovia College, asked me which donuts I'd like. I was all set to get two boston creme, two vanilla creme-filled, and two fritters and be on my way. There were 2 - 3 people standing behind me.

When I mentioned the two fritters she said she was unable to give me those as they were considered "special" items and do not classify as donuts. I gave her a chance to reason and explained that this information was not provided to me at the time of purchase and the agreement was to provide 6 donuts. She restated that they were "special" items and I could not have them. I asked for a justification and she stood there, put her HANDS ON HER HIPS, and said flatly "I dunno I guess because they have filling in them." I quickly countered stating that the boston and vanilla creme-filled had filling so LOGICALLY the price should be the same.

Sheryl refused to give me the donuts. So, angry as I was, I decided that this was just a one-off issue and I would let it go. Next to the fritters were the coffee rolls. I asked for two coffee rolls. By the way, now there are about 6 people behind me with unhappy looks on their faces - probably due to Sheryl's mistreatment. She stated that the coffee rolls were also a special item and that I could not include them in my half dozen. I explained to her that I had purchased coffee rolls before and they were not considered a special item and to please put the rolls into the bag. She refused and repeated that they were considered a special item. I pointed out that there were NO SIGNS ANYWHERE stating what were "special" items versus non-special items. I said "what about the peanut-covered donuts?" which were at the bottom, below the coffee rolls. She said they are eligible for the half-dozen.

I asked how that could possibly be because the peanut-covered donuts obviously take much more work/effort to create given that the peanut pieces have to stick to the donut. There were people behind me yelling "COME ON" and I believe the lady right behind me had children in the car waiting. I explained to Sheryl that those people were waiting on her whenever she decided to fill the order properly. She refused again.

I asked to speak to the manager and Sheryl said she called in. I asked for a number where the manager could be reached and she said "I don't know - google 'dunkin donuts' and call that number". I said I had enough and that I wanted back my money. She stated she could not give me back money since I paid using my debit card. I asked for the money to be refunded to my card and she said that was not possible because the manager wasn't present and it required manager authorisation. I explained to her that she does not need the managers approval for putting money back on MY card - she requires MY authorisation. She still refused.

I ended up getting two more chocolate glazed. I have been furious about this all night and have escalated the matter to DD corporate after speaking to Jane, badge #58382 via their 800 number. I have yet to hear back but I expect to hear from them by this evening as the weekend is coming up.

Francesa 02-15-2013 04:16 PM

There's a Dunkin Donuts on the Syracuse campus

MainDotC 02-15-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 59781281)
There's a Dunkin Donuts on the Syracuse campus

I know but it's not on the way to Booth.

Gustav Nyquist 02-15-2013 04:21 PM

They're just donuts, chill.

BPR* 02-15-2013 04:23 PM

Cool story, Hansel.

seafoam 02-15-2013 04:26 PM

You shouldn't have gone to Dunkin Donuts.

NYGRYK21 02-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarnkrok (Post 59781483)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Charles (Post 59781585)
Cool story, Hansel.

This. Someone needs to ride on the relaxi taxi.

seemsayin 02-15-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Apparently they are not donuts

MrFunnyWobbl 02-15-2013 04:28 PM

Stupid Cheryl, makin stuffs up so she can eat her favourite free donut when her shift is over.

daveskirtun 02-15-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

This. Just don't go to that Dunkin' anymore.

Francesa 02-15-2013 04:29 PM

http://www.brandeating.com/2013/01/n...ed-donuts.html

Quote:

The heart-shaped donuts available this year are the new Brownie Batter Donut and the returning Cupid's Choice Donut.

The new Brownie Batter Donut features a heart-shaped yeast donut with chocolaty brownie batter filling, finished with chocolate icing and white sprinkles.

The Cupid's Choice Donut is filled with Bavarian creme, complete with strawberry-flavored icing and a mix of pink, white, and red heart-shaped sprinkles.

The average price of the donuts range from 89 cents for one to $6.99 for a dozen.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Xctjc7NkFE...ped-Donuts.jpg

Concordski 02-15-2013 04:29 PM

Fritters and Coffee Rolls aren't donuts...

Epsilon 02-15-2013 04:30 PM

First World Problems.

Janks 02-15-2013 04:30 PM

Clearly you ain't getting donuts

JustGivingEr 02-15-2013 04:31 PM

Should've went to taco bell and ordered half the menu like usual.

Krishna 02-15-2013 04:33 PM

Really?

Do you need donuts?

Gustav Nyquist 02-15-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 59782021)
Really?

Do you need donuts?

Let alone half a dozen.

seafoam 02-15-2013 04:36 PM

You should have ordered a box of fritters and then asked for donuts.

Ceremony 02-15-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel (Post 59781829)
Fritters and Coffee Rolls aren't donuts...

This is what I was thinking

Why didn't you just get 6 donuts

Carlzner 02-15-2013 04:38 PM

Tried the Brownie Batter last week. Was decent, but i'll stick to Glazed.

MainDotC 02-15-2013 04:38 PM

ix please note that although these donuts are advertised they are not carried at every single location. In fact, they only had about 4 different kinds of donuts available. Apparently dunkin has a policy of only making donuts in the morning and nothing more for the rest of the day, so my selection was limited.

ForzaZuffa 02-15-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 59782021)
Really?

Do you need donuts?

My first thought, too; probably should drive by the grocery store and pick up some broccoli instead

Live in the Now 02-15-2013 04:41 PM

Pretty sure I've never seen a Dunkin Donuts in my life.

Ceremony 02-15-2013 04:44 PM

Just realised Maindot changed his username.

Finnish your Czech 02-15-2013 04:48 PM

How did the person behind you have a baby while she was waiting behind you? How long did it take??!?!?!?!?