HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GDT: Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1351895)

Sirquacksalot 02-16-2013 11:24 AM

Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia

Ducks (10-2-1) @ Preds (7-3-4)

Venue:
http://www.harlowtireandservice.com/...stone_tire.gif

Anaheim Fun Fact:

Victor Fasth is 7-0-0 for the best rookie goaltender start, ever.

Nashville Fun Fact:

In Tennessee it is illegal to to post images online that cause “emotional distress” “without legitimate purpose”.

ARREST ME.

quentez 02-16-2013 11:27 AM

Hate meeting this team. Wouldn't mind switching Maroon with Staubitz.

Also not totally opposed to perhaps trying Vatanen paired with Lydman/Sbisa. But probably not this game.

CrazyDuck4u 02-16-2013 11:30 AM

If we can manage to get at least to OT in this game I will be happy.. Nashville has never been friendly to us. Rinne is on fire.. We gotta get screens and more screens and wear down their defense. Weber cant do it all..I wouldnt be suprised if we lost this game though..seems like a game were they will do everything right but score. Lets go ducks..

mightyquack 02-16-2013 11:33 AM

Already in a great position with 8 points out of 10 so far. No matter the result, this has been a pretty damn good road trip.

After this game, next 18 games, 12 at home, 6 away. :nod:

defer 02-16-2013 11:34 AM

Nice GDT :laugh:

They should have some jump left since the TOIs last night weren't overly high. It really is amazing how much more depth there is this year. Go Ducks!

Getz2perry 02-16-2013 11:35 AM

The preds remind me of the stars, for whatever reason we seem to have a tough time with them. I dont hate nashville or dallas i just hate playing against them -.-

Luckily the team had a nice break before the wings game, and we didnt have to over use our big players so they should have some legs. Lets get our back end of b2b to 4-0

Bodacious Wits 02-16-2013 11:48 AM

We are a way better team than Nashville 5 on 5. This will come down to Rinne, or if we're really unlucky, special teams.

Wendy's in Canada serves poutine.

21 02-16-2013 12:15 PM

Tough game, Predators in good form but not the most entertaining team to watch.

Fasth vs Rinne, I like it.

Fasth outdueling Rinne would almost be too ****ing good. ;-)

win = one shot of Swedish Absolut vodka

loss = one shot of Finnish Koskenkorva

MMonarchs 02-16-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn Skippy (Post 59828417)
We are a way better team than Nashville 5 on 5. This will come down to Rinne, or if we're really unlucky, special teams.

Wendy's in Canada serves poutine.

Well, to be fair, both teams are better 5 on 5 than their opponents. It isn't like Edmonton, or something :D.

Ducks DVM 02-16-2013 12:15 PM

Huge trap game. Last game of the trip after beating Detroit in their own building for the first time in almost 97 years against a team they also usually lose to who have 2 shutouts in 3 games. Time to see if they have that extra gear to go to.

Go Ducks!

Kalvinators 02-16-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21 (Post 59829435)
Tough game, Predators in good form but not the most entertaining team to watch.

Fasth vs Rinne, I like it.

Fasth outdueling Rinne would almost be too ****ing good. ;-)

win = one shot of Swedish Absolut vodka

loss = one shot of Finnish Koskenkorva

Koskenkorva ''Minttu'' is the real deal. Or you can go with Finlandia ''Blackcurrant'', that thing is pretty tasty too.

However, i prefer the Ducks to win, so better drink Absolut or at least sit on the IKEA furniture :laugh:

Bodacious Wits 02-16-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMonarchs (Post 59829447)
Well, to be fair, both teams are better 5 on 5 than their opponents. It isn't like Edmonton, or something :D.

That's true. Nashville just doesn't do a whole lot of scoring. They're 17 goals for vs. 14 against at even strength, vs. our 33 for and 18 against. But I still think that's mostly down to Rinne.

KelVarnsen 02-16-2013 01:31 PM

Hopeful for a win.....other than the queens right now, preds play the most boring style of hockey in the league. Hopefully the Ducks don't fall into the preds style of play and can impose their will in this game.

devils61 02-16-2013 01:34 PM

Congrats on #10 last night. Keep the good times going out there in Anaheim!

Devils fan enjoying the show

Getz2perry 02-16-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils61 (Post 59832787)
Congrats on #10 last night. Keep the good times going out there in Anaheim!

Devils fan enjoying the show

Devils are looking pretty good, shocking i thought without parise they were doomed.

Ducksgo* 02-16-2013 01:40 PM

@icemancometh: I'd say (and this is my opinion) that it's Viktor Fasth again to close out trip. Wrote yesterday that BB seemed comfortable with scenario.

devils61 02-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getz2perry (Post 59832955)
Devils are looking pretty good, shocking i thought without parise they were doomed.

that's the common theme for devils. As fans we see players come and go but consistency remains.there's a good attitude from head office to coaching to the room and it provides solid results

Hope you guys have the same luck whether Perry and Getz sign or not cause you guys are very exciting to watch

Not sure on how that's going but I don't see them moving like many believe they will
am I wrong?

defer 02-16-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils61 (Post 59833263)
that's the common theme for devils. As fans we see players come and go but consistency remains.there's a good attitude from head office to coaching to the room and it provides solid results

Hope you guys have the same luck whether Perry and Getz sign or not cause you guys are very exciting to watch

Not sure on how that's going but I don't see them moving like many believe they will
am I wrong?

Definitely don't think Getz will leave. Perry's a wildcard.

devils61 02-16-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu (Post 59833341)
Definitely don't think Getz will leave. Perry's a wildcard.

Its tough but the team can still play good hard hockey and take the division without him should he leave.
Best of luck tonight with the preds! :handclap:

DuckJet 02-16-2013 01:54 PM

Not super psyched for this game.
Trotz has shown in the past that he knows how to beat this team (only consolation is, this is a totally different team), and Rinne is absolutely on fire. Ducks have to do whatever they can to get him moving across his crease plus force and chase rebounds. Rinne is a big dude, but he's beatable...he's just not letting anyone remember that right now. Hope Fasth is up to the task again tonight.

Papaspud 02-16-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot (Post 59827495)
Ducks (10-2-1) @ Preds (7-3-4)

Nashville Fun Fact:

In Tennessee it is illegal to to post images online that cause “emotional distress” “without legitimate purpose”.

ARREST ME.

Another "Fun Fact":

Visiting Athletes and Entertainers are hit with a special "performance tax" whenever they play any venue in nashville.

Ducks DVM 02-16-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaspud (Post 59834123)
Another "Fun Fact":

Visiting Athletes and Entertainers are hit with a special "performance tax" whenever they play any venue in nashville.

Similar to the one they pay in California. Tennessee has no state income tax so it's not like they get double hit. Pretty much every state does this.

defer 02-16-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils61 (Post 59833527)
Its tough but the team can still play good hard hockey and take the division without him should he leave.
Best of luck tonight with the preds! :handclap:

Thanks. GL tonight as well. Devs are playing great.

Papaspud 02-16-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 59834323)
Similar to the one they pay in California. Tennessee has no state income tax so it's not like they get double hit. Pretty much every state does this.

Parros mentioned to us once, that tennesee was 1 of the 3 states that did this to the visiting players, so not really "every state". His "tax" was $2,500 per visit.

airforceones25 02-16-2013 02:28 PM

Lets go ducks

Ray Emery started his career 9-0. Just saying ;)