HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Possible Trade Ideas v.7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352095)

this providence 02-16-2013 04:19 PM

Possible Trade Ideas v.7
 
Continue.

Same basic rules apply. Respect everyone's 'idea'; whether it's in this forum or outside of it.

rynryn 02-16-2013 04:24 PM

I'm against moving Heatley, but swapping a bottom sixer seems doable with viable replacements in Larsson and Coyle (if not Zucker).

I think i saw a Okposo/Clutter centered trade on that board...i'd do that one.

DeuceMN 02-16-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 59840443)
I'm against moving Heatley, but swapping a bottom sixer seems doable with viable replacements in Larsson and Coyle (if not Zucker).

I think i saw a Okposo/Clutter centered trade on that board...i'd do that one.

x2 on that one. Okposo would bring a little more offensive skill which wouldn't hurt our bottom lines.

GORGO 02-16-2013 06:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Okposo been pretty inconsistent? I also remember him not being real good in his own zone.. IMO the Wild don't need another forward that doesn't play in his own Zone.. I also don't think we need anymore former Gopher's or Home Growner's.. Sorry..

rynryn 02-16-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GORGO (Post 59844941)
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Okposo been pretty inconsistent? I also remember him not being real good in his own zone.. IMO the Wild don't need another forward that doesn't play in his own Zone.. I also don't think we need anymore former Gopher's or Home Growner's.. Sorry..

He's got more offensive potential than Clutter and while he's worse defensively i'm willing to roll the dice and say that may have at least partially been due to playing for the Islanders. For a bottom six swap that's worth the risk for me.

Blizzard6411 02-16-2013 06:13 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that during the upcoming 3 days off we are going to be saying good bye to a player or two?

rynryn 02-16-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 (Post 59845629)
Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that during the upcoming 3 days off we are going to be saying good bye to a player or two?

i think they've been shopping around already and they'll continue to shop. Other GMs have players that are struggling to meet expectations and it can't be easy for anyone to write off players after the messed up off season everyone had. just a matter of time though before patience wears out.

IHaveNoCreativity 02-16-2013 06:43 PM

I just hope that we hang onto our young guns.

Billy Mays Here 02-16-2013 07:10 PM

A lot of whether or not I think we should move a top 9 forward yet this season is going to depend on how Zucker looks. If he looks really good, I wouldn't be against the idea of moving Bouchard or maybe even Heatley. Wanna keep Seto though.

bear1 02-16-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 59848195)
I just hope that we hang onto our young guns.

Maybe thats why we recalled them to showcase them?

rynryn 02-16-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear1 (Post 59850613)
Maybe thats why we recalled them to showcase them?

its a possibility, though it doesn't seem like something Fletcher would do at this stage in his team plan.

ChexLeMeneux 02-16-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 59848195)
I just hope that we hang onto our young guns.

It wouldn't be too bad if one was shipped in a deal that is worth while and good value comes back. It would be disapointing to see one go in another Cam Barker type deal tho.

TaLoN 02-16-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear1 (Post 59850613)
Maybe thats why we recalled them to showcase them?

If we trade a young gun, I'd rather it be Phillips. I want to hold on to Larsson especially!

J22 02-16-2013 08:14 PM

I would pass on Okposo. He's pretty much a less talented version of Setoguchi.

bear1 02-16-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaLoN (Post 59856141)
If we trade a young gun, I'd rather it be Phillips. I want to hold on to Larsson especially!

I agree I dont really want to give up any of them, but if we have too I guess it would be Phillips that goes.

rynryn 02-16-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J22 (Post 59856537)
I would pass on Okposo. He's pretty much a less talented version of Setoguchi.

who is a more talented version of clutterbuck.
i don't see the problem.

forthewild 02-16-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J22 (Post 59856537)
I would pass on Okposo. He's pretty much a less talented version of Setoguchi.

Yeah but he is one of our own so its a win for us

J22 02-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 59866659)
who is a more talented version of clutterbuck.
i don't see the problem.

FTR- It wouldn't really upset me if Clutter was traded for KO, because it is good value.

I would just prefer to have 10-15 goals with energy, leadership and PK ability over
15-20 goals from another guy that is pretty much one dimensional and always gives the impression that he could be so much better.

IHaveNoCreativity 02-16-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear1 (Post 59850613)
Maybe thats why we recalled them to showcase them?

I really hope not.

IHaveNoCreativity 02-16-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChexLeMeneux (Post 59855877)
It wouldn't be too bad if one was shipped in a deal that is worth while and good value comes back. It would be disapointing to see one go in another Cam Barker type deal tho.

I think we should stay the course with what it is we're doing.

These young guys are our future. They will continue to surprise.

SureBabyYes 02-17-2013 09:09 AM

So are we trading Bouchard and Falk then or whats the reason for them being scratches??

FUBAR McDangles 02-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gustaf (Post 59884063)
So are we trading Bouchard and Falk then or whats the reason for them being scratches??

Bouchard is sick I'm pretty sure. And Falk is just a victim of the numbers game. The Wild carry 7 defenders on the roster, so one of the seven is going to be a scratch every game. Tonight it's Falk.

chethejet 02-17-2013 10:47 AM

This trade may help both teams.
From Pitt: Martin and Kennedy and a draft pick.
To Pitt: Heatley and Setoguchi

Money wise Wild get some cap relief this year. Next year you have Martin at 5m and have Heatley at 7.5 and Seto at 3m off the books. Net 5.5 million savings. Pitt gets a scoring winger in Setoguchi and maybe a player gets in shape and takes his career seriously who benefits from playing with Crosby. I don't know if Heatley has enough left to do this.

PariseSuterKoivu 02-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethejet (Post 59887337)
This trade may help both teams.
From Pitt: Martin and Kennedy and a draft pick.
To Pitt: Heatley and Setoguchi

Money wise Wild get some cap relief this year. Next year you have Martin at 5m and have Heatley at 7.5 and Seto at 3m off the books. Net 5.5 million savings. Pitt gets a scoring winger in Setoguchi and maybe a player gets in shape and takes his career seriously who benefits from playing with Crosby. I don't know if Heatley has enough left to do this.

I like that deal if you maybe replace Kennedy and the pick with Despres or Morrow with the Wild throwing in a D-man like Falk or Prosser. Kennedy s a bad fit IMO.

Billy Mays Here 02-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethejet (Post 59887337)
This trade may help both teams.
From Pitt: Martin and Kennedy and a draft pick.
To Pitt: Heatley and Setoguchi

Money wise Wild get some cap relief this year. Next year you have Martin at 5m and have Heatley at 7.5 and Seto at 3m off the books. Net 5.5 million savings. Pitt gets a scoring winger in Setoguchi and maybe a player gets in shape and takes his career seriously who benefits from playing with Crosby. I don't know if Heatley has enough left to do this.

Martin already said he doesn't want to play for his home team here in Minnesota. Too much pressure is what I think he said. No interest in Kennedy either and unlike other Wild fans, I want to keep Seto.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.