HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Philly - Winnipeg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352127)

Johnny Hoxville 02-16-2013 06:14 PM

Philly - Winnipeg

To Philly:

Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:

Sean Couturier

Thoughts..

NitHeel 02-16-2013 06:17 PM

Flyers need defense - don't see the need to trade for high-salaried offense over cheap, young defense, especially when you look at the centers in the Atlantic.

capitalsrock 02-16-2013 06:22 PM

how about Bogosian for Couturier?

JetFan4Ever 02-16-2013 06:28 PM

I just don't see why either team would want to do this? I like trade proposals but shouldn't they at least be realisitic?
Unless it's clear both players are unhappy.
The one constant I think that will serve the Jets well is that they are prepared to build with a vision to the future and not worry about winning now. They will be a very good team in the future, however, it will take time to put the pieces in place.

Fuelled by Passion 02-16-2013 06:30 PM

Easy no from Jets

SCP Guy 02-16-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 59842851)
To Philly:

Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:

Sean Couturier

Thoughts..

If we wanted him we would have drafted him.... Not even close for Kane sorry

Roo Mad Bro 02-16-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP Guy (Post 59843619)

And that is looking more and more like a mistake. :nod:

Thanks for passing on Couts!

capitalsrock 02-16-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP Guy (Post 59843619)

Yea i bet they are regretting not drafting him.

JetFan4Ever 02-16-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalsrock (Post 59843709)
Yea i bet they are regretting not drafting him.

Not one little bit, we have 55 coming, he is going to be a good one!

Johnny Hoxville 02-16-2013 07:04 PM

Scheifele is going to be a good one, but I think Couturier is a slight cut above. Couturier is a center that you build your franchise around, whereas I view Scheifele as a very comparable player to B. Schenn.

Good teams are built down the middle, and this deal would give the Jets a 1, 2 punch that should be quite dominant for the next decade. This deal would allow Schenn to stay at center and give Giroux a prototypical Flyers winger and they would form an absolutely lethal duo.

Yes the Flyers main need is defence, but they also need a winger to play with G. Look at the Pens endless search to find wingers for Sid and Malkin.

King Woodballs 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Once again, why would we trade a high end assest for someone we could have had for nothing?

Makes zero sense.

Four Boilermakers 02-16-2013 07:15 PM

I'd decline from the Flyers's perspective. I would consider trading Couturier for a young defenseman in the mold of Adam Larsson or Zach Bogosian, but not for Evander Kane.

Johnny Hoxville 02-16-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 59845571)
Once again, why would we trade a high end assest for someone we could have had for nothing?

Makes zero sense.

That is an absolute terrible way to manage a team by not having forward thinking. Players, especially prospects develop and things change. A GM should always be open and looking at avenues to improve their team.

To say, well Scheifele was our guy back at the draft so we would never have any interest in Couturier for that reason, that is absolutely stupid. Couturier has past Scheifele in terms of his current development and there is no denying that. Both players are going to be extremely good in this league and the Jets would be extremely lucky to have both.

Simply say, the Jets could use a winger like Kane more than center like Couts, that would make more sense.

KingBogo 02-16-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalsrock (Post 59843227)
how about Bogosian for Couturier?

No. Bogo played his first game last night after 10 months following wrist surgery to repair a chronic problem, and he was the best defenseman on the ice. Bogo is set to break out big time and won't be traded.

Jetsfareast 02-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 59843705)

What mistake? Maybe Sens and Islanders but not the Jets.

umwoz 02-16-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 59843705)

Scheifele over Couturier, Trouba over Forsberg(this one doesn't look bad at all now).

Reaching is what the Jets do!

Sergei Shirokov 02-16-2013 09:06 PM

I don't think it works for either side, but for the Jets especially.

The Flyers need defense so that what they would trade Couturier for (likely Bogo would be the target)

And this isnt enough value for Kane from the Jets perspective.

Just not the right fit.

King Woodballs 02-16-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 59846163)
That is an absolute terrible way to manage a team by not having forward thinking. Players, especially prospects develop and things change. A GM should always be open and looking at avenues to improve their team.

To say, well Scheifele was our guy back at the draft so we would never have any interest in Couturier for that reason, that is absolutely stupid. Couturier has past Scheifele in terms of his current development and there is no denying that. Both players are going to be extremely good in this league and the Jets would be extremely lucky to have both.

Simply say, the Jets could use a winger like Kane more than center like Couts, that would make more sense.

Couturiers development was always ahead of Scheifeles.
Jets took Schiefele because his offensive upside was a bunch higher.

JetsFan815 02-16-2013 09:39 PM

How about this trade:

To Philly:
Paul Postma

To Winnipeg:
Wayne Simmonds

Philly strengthens their defence by getting a solid puck moving defensemen.

BillyShoe1721 02-16-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetsFan815 (Post 59859579)
How about this trade:

To Philly:
Paul Postma

To Winnipeg:
Wayne Simmonds

Philly strengthens their defence by getting a solid puck moving defensemen.

Postma hasn't proved nearly enough at the NHL level to warrant being traded for Simmonds.

Vander Teemuchuk 02-16-2013 10:09 PM

Enough with this fascination with non-Jet fan proposals that send Couturier to Winnipeg. It isn't gonna happen. And can we please have a day when there aren't at least 2 Kane threads going on the Trade Rumours main page?

I guess bottom line is we need to trade Kane for Subban just so Montreal and Jets fans can get some peace and quiet.

FanHabtic 02-16-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 (Post 59845785)
I'd decline from the Flyers's perspective. I would consider trading Couturier for a young defenseman in the mold of Adam Larsson or Zach Bogosian, but not for Evander Kane.

You ain't getting a young defenseman in the mold of Larrson or Bogosian for Couturier. I really don't get the fascination with Couturier. I've watched half the Flyers games this season and Couts hasn't been noticeable at all. His only claim to fame was a good playoff run (and good series against Pits). That's not enough for him to get the accolades that Flyers fans shower on him.

Montreal Shadow 02-16-2013 10:32 PM

That's just as ridiculous as the Subban for Couturier proposals. Get this in your heads Flyer's fan, Couturier isn't worth nearly as much as you think. He's definitely not worth a young power forward who just scored 30 goals or a top pairing Dman under 25. These proposals involving Couturier are laughable.

Peekay Sooban 02-16-2013 11:31 PM

Kane >>>>> Couturier

BigTuna49 02-17-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 59861707)
Postma hasn't proved nearly enough at the NHL level to warrant being traded for Simmonds.

Obviously. But I have a question. Would you want a puck mover like Postma or a guy like Redmond who can play pk and some pp?