HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Brodin vs Larsson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352207)

Billy Mays Here 02-16-2013 07:03 PM

Brodin vs Larsson

Two great young Swedish defensemen, both taken in the top 10 of the 2011 draft, Larsson 4th overall, Brodin 10th overall. Who do you think will be the better player? Larsson is a bit more proven so far, but Brodin hasn't seemed out of place in his 11 NHL games so far either.

And since this involves a Wild player and a Devil player can we please keep all the Parise talk out of this thread?

rynryn 02-16-2013 07:13 PM

JBro as the homer pick. I haven't seen enough of Larsson though to put money on it.

Fel 96 02-16-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 59850535)
JBro as the homer pick. I haven't seen enough of Larsson though to put money on it.

I'm expecting the same thing to be said about Brodin.

rynryn 02-16-2013 07:18 PM

well i'd expect neutral party Swedes would have the most insight (assuming they loosely follow both players or are exposed to press that does).

Izzy 02-16-2013 07:27 PM

Parise.

Nah, but Larsson. Only seen 3-4 Brodin games and he seemed great, but not quite Larsson.

Sergei Shirokov 02-16-2013 08:41 PM

Brodin has been really impressive. But Larsson gets my vote.

I just think Larsson will be a very very good, valuable defenseman.

Minnesota 02-16-2013 08:48 PM

Ekman-Larsson? :naughty:

Generic User 02-16-2013 09:09 PM

No homer vote on my part.

Kezia 02-16-2013 09:36 PM

Larsson but close.

Nino Noderreiter 02-16-2013 11:58 PM

I don't know much about Larsson, but wasn't he a healthy scratch the other day? I'm sure he is a really good players and has the potential all the potential in the world though. I just haven't really seen him play too much. So, I don't know firsthand.

All I know is that Brodin is 19 and already has looked like the best defender on the Wild and that includes Suter.

Beegoalie 02-17-2013 02:47 AM

Ekman Larsson probably ends up better than both..Ill take Brodin over Larsson though..

joe89 02-17-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beegoalie (Post 59879477)
Ekman Larsson probably ends up better than both..Ill take Brodin over Larsson though..

Not sure about the ends up part when OEL clearly leads the other two right now.

Victorious Secret 02-17-2013 09:58 AM

Either. They are both good. But I'd rather have Brodin.

tony d 02-17-2013 10:40 AM

Close but Larsson.

Cheddabombs 02-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwInS1095 (Post 59875109)
I don't know much about Larsson, but wasn't he a healthy scratch the other day? I'm sure he is a really good players and has the potential all the potential in the world though. I just haven't really seen him play too much. So, I don't know firsthand.

All I know is that Brodin is 19 and already has looked like the best defender on the Wild and that includes Suter.

Deboer said that he wanted to start the same D group that brought the Devils to the finals last year. He knew Larsson would sub in eventually but not right at the start because he felt like he owed it to the veteran group. So him being a healthy scratch had nothing, and I emphasize nothing because I know someone is going to try to use that argument again somewhere, to do with his abilities. Since stepping in he has arguably been the Devils best Dman, and the pairing of him and Greene has been incredible.

Unlike some posters, I won't vote because I simply havent seen enough of Brodin to make a fair comparison. However, I have heard he is playing lights out for the Wild. I'll try to catch more Wild games to see him in action but until then I wont vote, it wouldn't really be fair.

Nino Noderreiter 02-17-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheddabombs (Post 59890155)
Deboer said that he wanted to start the same D group that brought the Devils to the finals last year. He knew Larsson would sub in eventually but not right at the start because he felt like he owed it to the veteran group. So him being a healthy scratch had nothing, and I emphasize nothing because I know someone is going to try to use that argument again somewhere, to do with his abilities. Since stepping in he has arguably been the Devils best Dman, and the pairing of him and Greene has been incredible.

Unlike some posters, I won't vote because I simply havent seen enough of Brodin to make a fair comparison. However, I have heard he is playing lights out for the Wild. I'll try to catch more Wild games to see him in action but until then I wont vote, it wouldn't really be fair.

Ok thanks for the info. I just heard that and wasn't sure the reasons behind it. Best of luck too both fanbases to both being good players.

Oiled up* 02-17-2013 02:21 PM

Larsson.

Ferros 02-17-2013 02:28 PM

I've been writing good things about these players here for quite a while but I'd go with Brodin if I had to pick one. I think he will be the best, or close to the best, defenseman in the league during his peak. Amazing prospect that have a ton of potential.

Nsjohnson 02-17-2013 02:38 PM

I've seen Larsson play only a few times on national tv, so I can't say. You would think both Brodin and Larsson will be in the Elite group in the next four years. It seems to me that Larsson is a bit more aggressive than Brodin, but Brodin might be just a hair smarter than Larsson. IDK- it's anybodies guess.

Le Magnifique 66 02-17-2013 03:19 PM

Larsson

JFG 02-18-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 59850921)
well i'd expect neutral party Swedes would have the most insight (assuming they loosely follow both players or are exposed to press that does).

I guess you mean me so...Brodin.

LaGu 02-18-2013 05:24 AM

Very close call. I've followed both since before they came over (I'm a Swede) but I still think that the Devils has the better (future) player in Larsson.

That said I think that Brodin may make more of an impact the first couple of seasons. His hockey IQ, mentality (no drama) and skill-set makes him a instant fit on any NHL team's defensive lineup. He stepped right up to the plate in Minnesota and doesn't seem to know the meaning of stress or inconsistency.

Although very different players I see Larsson as more of a Hedman-type of defenseman. It will take some time, but once he finds his game he could easily become top 5 defenseman in the league. Before his injury Larsson had a couple games when you really could see why he was so highly regarded pre-draft. I think he showed glimpses of being able to dominate a game in the way that only really great defensemen can do. That said, he needs to work on several practical aspects of his game and also on his consistency and confidence with the puck.

LiveeviL 02-18-2013 05:27 AM

As we know less about Brodin (taken age) I go with him and hope he gets a steeper development than Larsson had the last year. (kind of a draw)

Marcolepsy Scandella 02-19-2013 03:02 AM

Brodin. I think Larsson is more offensively gifted right now but Brodin is elite defensively and among the best skaters in the league. Once he starts to develop his game in the offensive zone more with experience, we could be talking Norris candidate every year almost.

But Larsson is a fantastic player as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy in his career. Both are going to be great players no matter what.

The Green Unit 02-19-2013 04:22 AM

Anybody posted "Pietrangelo" yet ? Amazing.