HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto Gunnarson to Edmonton for 1st (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352615)

Hawaiinleaf 02-17-2013 09:18 AM

Toronto Gunnarson to Edmonton for 1st
 
Toronto best D from last year a solid solid player with poise and a great puck mover who is responsible in his own end. Great skater

for Edmontons 1st...

Seems like good value..he is worth far more than a 2nd and Edmonton's drafting at # 1 overall days are over now..there a disaster on D and Gunnarsson would become top pairing right away..

Drew311 02-17-2013 09:23 AM

Oilers fans should love this.

ResilientBeast 02-17-2013 09:27 AM

No thank you, our D is serviceable for now, if we're trading our first round pick it'll be for a more significant upgrade on defense. Oilers pass.

broc 02-17-2013 09:33 AM

Oilers are so used to having the 1st overall there's noway they'll like this one..

Oiltankjob Fail 02-17-2013 09:35 AM

Deal Oilers 1st in 2015

Morlu 02-17-2013 09:35 AM

You gotta be joking I'm a Leaf fan and Gunnar is worth a mid second at the most. Leaf fans were on a roll with decent proposals too. Way to break the streak.

TheBigE 02-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlu (Post 59883267)
You gotta be joking I'm a Leaf fan and Gunnar is worth a mid second at the most. Leaf fans were on a roll with decent proposals too. Way to break the streak.

You're kidding right? Our most reliable and consistent defenceman over the last 2-3 seasons is worth a mid-second max? I think you may be overrating draft picks a little bit. The best player that you can possibly hope to draft in a mid second would only hope to become a Gunnarson.

glovesave_35 02-17-2013 09:59 AM

Bad proposal OP.

glovesave_35 02-17-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigE (Post 59883827)
You're kidding right? Our most reliable and consistent defenceman over the last 2-3 seasons is worth a mid-second max? I think you may be overrating draft picks a little bit. The best player that you can possibly hope to draft in a mid second would only hope to become a Gunnarson.

I think you may be overrating the value of the most reliable defenseman on a bad team with defensive issues the last few years. The fact that he's your best defenseman is entirely irrelevant.

CreeksideStrangler 02-17-2013 10:06 AM

bad proposal... gunner is worth a second at best.

BarneyStinson 02-17-2013 10:11 AM

Hes not even our best defenceman... this is a joke of a proposal gunnarson isnt worth nearly hat much.

IceDaddy 02-17-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigE (Post 59883827)
You're kidding right? Our most reliable and consistent defenceman over the last 2-3 seasons is worth a mid-second max? I think you may be overrating draft picks a little bit. The best player that you can possibly hope to draft in a mid second would only hope to become a Gunnarson.

Really?

Weber 2nd round
Subban 2nd round
Letang 3rd round
Yandle 4th round
Hamonic 2nd round



Picks are pretty important. Even later round picks. Gunnarson isnt worth a first. IMO a 2nd

Lessy 02-17-2013 10:21 AM

Strange how half of HF thinks the Oilers 1st is destined to be Seth Jones on the NHL board and now it's worth Carl Gunnarsson. He's a good player but if the Oilers are trading their 1st it'll be for a better player than Gunnarsson with all due respect. Think Keith Yandle - and yes the Oilers would obviously have to add to the pick.

doubledown99 02-17-2013 10:25 AM

Haha Gunnarson worth a 1st?

Yeah right....keep dreaming.

1st rd picks are gold this year. Everybody knows how good the depth is. Teams will likely not be moving 1st rd picks this year. And teams that might finish in the top 10 definitely won't. It's like us Oiler fans asking for your 1st for Petry

TieClark 02-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59884223)
Really?

Weber 2nd round
Subban 2nd round
Letang 3rd round
Yandle 4th round
Hamonic 2nd round



Picks are pretty important. Even later round picks. Gunnarson isnt worth a first. IMO a 2nd

As a Leaf fan, I don't like Gunnarsson at all. I think he's a bottom pairing defender at best with no offensive upside. However, if Paul Gaustad is worth a 1st at the deadline, Gunnarsson certainly is too. Edmonton's however, no.

CGYPUKSUX 02-17-2013 10:40 AM

1st what? 1st opportunity to clean the toilets at Rexall? I certainly hope you weren't suggesting a 1st round draft pick?

The Saurus 02-17-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX (Post 59884869)
1st what? 1st opportunity to clean the toilets at Rexall? I certainly hope you weren't suggesting a 1st round draft pick?

Carl Gunnarsson is certainly worth a first round draft pick. He's capable of playing very difficult minutes and does it well.

Defenders like Carl don't grow on trees and teams will have to pay a significant price to get the Leafs to part ways with him.

The Saurus 02-17-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubledown99 (Post 59884463)
Haha Gunnarson worth a 1st?

Yeah right....keep dreaming.

1st rd picks are gold this year. Everybody knows how good the depth is. Teams will likely not be moving 1st rd picks this year. And teams that might finish in the top 10 definitely won't. It's like us Oiler fans asking for your 1st for Petry

Oh please. Everyone says the same thing every year. Then comes the trade deadline and GMs readily part with first round picks for players like Carl Gunnarsson.

Liferleafer 02-17-2013 10:45 AM

Gunner may be worth a 1st....but it would be a late one. I would be open to dealing Carl, but the OP would be overpayment.

doubledown99 02-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 59884943)
Oh please. Everyone says the same thing every year. Then comes the trade deadline and GMs readily part with first round picks for players like Carl Gunnarsson.

Give me proof of this

Chaz McNulty 02-17-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 59884901)
Carl Gunnarsson is certainly worth a first round draft pick. He's capable of playing very difficult minutes and does it well.

Defenders like Carl don't grow on trees and teams will have to pay a significant price to get the Leafs to part ways with him.

I never realized how coveted Carl Gunnarson was around the league. I don't watch the Leafs alot. Can I ask you where he would slot in with the Canucks defense.

Hamhuis
Bieksa
Edler
Garrison
Ballard
Tanev

Skinnyjimmy08 02-17-2013 10:50 AM

hahaha horrible proposal... gunnar for a 1st??? toronto would have to get oilers really drunk to accept that

The Saurus 02-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubledown99 (Post 59885033)
Give me proof of this

Don't have to go very far back to realize that Paul Gaustad was traded for a first round pick. :)

The Saurus 02-17-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 (Post 59885173)
hahaha horrible proposal... gunnar for a 1st??? toronto would have to get oilers really drunk to accept that

It's all about context. Would the Oilers trade their first round pick for Carl Gunnarsson? Probably not. Would Detroit or any other perennial power house in need of defensive help? You betcha.

internetdotcom 02-17-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 59883959)
I think you may be overrating the value of the most reliable defenseman on a bad team with defensive issues the last few years. The fact that he's your best defenseman is entirely irrelevant.

This.

No chance Gunnar is worth a first, never mind in the deepest draft in years, let alone one that is almost guaranteed to be top 10, maybe higher.

Thanks for the laugh OP.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.