HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Prospect Info: 12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352705)

81 12-09-2012 11:09 PM

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year
 
Toronto Maple Leafs 2012/2013 Prospects

Player
Team
Position
GP
Goals
Assists
Points
+/-
PIM
CHL        
Tyler BiggsOSHRW602627531155
David Broll "A"SSMLW67173754277
Connor Brown "C"ERIERW63284169-1139
Matthew Finn "C"GUED41112031224
Joshua Leivo (traded to Kitchener)"A"SBY/KITLW632944732052
Stuart Percy "C"MISSD68133245-844
Morgan Rielly "A"MJWD60124254-819
Ryan RupertLDNC541135461775
NCAA        
Tony CameranesiUMDC28121325222
Max Everson (to USHL)HVUD701114
Eric KnodelUNHD257411106
Andrew MacWilliam "C"UNDD29178889
Dennis Robertson "C"BUD2211213342
Europe        
Petter GranbergSKED400012
Leo Komarov (to Leafs)DMLW624618
Viktor LöövSSKD32257-141
Juraj MikúšPRHAD27235512
Marcel MüllerMODOLW4481422234
Tom NilssonMORAD34123-1216
USHL        
Max EversonOLD16145-18
Dominic ToninatoFFC572738652640
AHL        
Spencer AbbottTORC459182768
Carter AshtonTORRW5311819567
Jesse BlackerTORD513710-331
Sam CarrickTORC6011014
Joe ColborneTORC611227391051
Andrew CrescenziTORC15112-117
Jerry D'AmigoTORLW57121022436
Jame DevaneTORLW11112131
Matt Frattin (to Leafs)"A"TORRW219817714
Jake Gardiner (to Leafs)TORD43102131112
Simon GysbersTORD4941216428
Ryan Hamilton (to Leafs)"C"TORLW56301848331
Korbinian HolzerTORD35189930
Nazem Kadri (to Leafs)TORC2671825426
Mike Kostka (to Leafs)TORD3362834838
Leo Komarov (to Leafs)TORLW14639722
Ryan LaschTOR/NORRW2124606
Kevin MarshallTOR/HERD582791579
Greg McKeggTORLW35639-34
Brad RossTORLW26516418
Morgan RiellyTORD3101-10
Kenny RyanTORRW457916429
Greg ScottTORRW5671421835
Dylan YeoTORD3421315248
ECHL        
Tyler Brenner"A"BAK/TOLC3491322-915
Sam Carrick (to Marlies)IDHC451518331366
Andrew Crescenzi (to Marlies)SFBC2331114228
Jamie Devane (to Marlies)SFBLW12101-545


Toronto Maple Leafs 2012/2013 Goalie Prospects

Player
Team
GP
Wins
Losses
OTL
SV%
GAA
SO
CHL        
Garret SparksGUE60361740.917%2.657
AHL        
Ben Scrivens (to Leafs)TOR2214710.917%2.222
Jussi RynnasTOR2010910.907%2.613
Mark Owuya (to ECHL)TOR104410.882%3.240
ECHL        
Mark OwuyaLV/REA7430.934%1.970

*NOT ALL MARLIES ARE LISTED*
Leafs draft history
College stats


Radio

Morgan Rielly
http://www.country100fm.com/

Tyler Biggs
http://oshawagenerals.com/schedule/l...zone/0/team/11

Matt Finn
http://www.cjoy.com

Connor Brown
http://www.ottershockey.com/page/listen_live

David Broll
http://www.soogreyhounds.com/page/radio-broadcast

Josh Leivo
http://www.sudburywolves.com/page/listen-live

Ryan Rupert
http://www.cjbk.com/

Tony Cameranesi
http://www.umdbulldogs.com/bulldogs-on-the-air.php

Max Everson
http://www.whrb.org/harvardsports.html

Eric Knodel
http://www.unhwildcats.com/TV-Radio/index

Andrew MacWilliam
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...&ATCLID=785161

Dennis Robertson
http://www.goterriers.com/multimedia/radio.html

Dominic Toninato
http://www.740thefan.com%2F&ei=QqtxU...gruDUk4Rw9lpGQ

Fort Wayne Comets (ECHL)
http://wowo.com/



PS Brody iz bak.
Table courtesy of 4evaBlue

CBinTokyo 02-16-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf (Post 59867733)
Rielly is a monster. Great come back by Moose Jaw thanks to Rielly leading the charge with two goals and an assist.

And oh, he was named 1st star of the game as well.

When a defenseman is regularly leading the charge, and still responsible defensively, well that is something special!

7even 02-17-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 59870465)
Reilly is Orr like in his skating and ability to take over a game

Okay let's not go there again

Sonny21 02-17-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 59872159)
Okay let's not go there again

:laugh:

81 02-17-2013 02:09 AM

Just watching the 2011 behind the drank Burke says "What about the other Oshawa guy?" referring to Boone.

Center Ice Scrum 02-17-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 59872159)
Okay let's not go there again

He meant Colton Orr. :sarcasm::snide:

ULF_55 02-17-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 59870465)
Reilly is Orr like in his skating and ability to take over a game

Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

Center Ice Scrum 02-17-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

Oh come on, give me a break! Spott was TERRIBLE. He sabotaged the entire tourney, not just Rielly's game. :p:

With that said, he didn't look as fast at the WJC because they played on a bigger ice surface. Dougie Hamilton's biggest downfall at the WJC was the fact that he looked terribly slow getting to the puck. He has somehow magically eradicated that "LAG" in his game while playing on a smaller ice surface in the NHL. Many people don't take that into account.

ULF_55 02-17-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum (Post 59881099)
Oh come on, give me a break! Spott was TERRIBLE. He sabotaged the entire tourney, not just Rielly's game. :p:

With that said, he didn't look as fast at the WJC because they played on a bigger ice surface. Dougie Hamilton's biggest downfall at the WJC was the fact that he looked terribly slow getting to the puck. He has somehow magically eradicated that "LAG" in his game while playing on a smaller ice surface in the NHL. Many people don't take that into account.

Skating is supposed to be one of his strengths.

Yes, we all know the coach is to blame for Rielly getting torched on the GWG in the bronze medal game.

He fell flat after all the pre-tournament hype. He is doing well in the WHL though, playing on the smaller ice against other WHL clubs. It will be nice to see him playing against better players in the AHL.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 02-17-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59881445)
Skating is supposed to be one of his strengths.

Yes, we all know the coach is to blame for Rielly getting torched on the GWG in the bronze medal game.

He fell flat after all the pre-tournament hype. He is doing well in the WHL though, playing on the smaller ice against other WHL clubs. It will be nice to see him playing against better players in the AHL.

We will see him in the AHL soon enough, Moose Jaw wraps up their season within a month or so. Perhaps we will see Rielly with the Leafs (don't know what the rule is under the CBA so I am not sure about that).

ULF_55 02-17-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch (Post 59881575)
We will see him in the AHL soon enough, Moose Jaw wraps up their season within a month or so. Perhaps we will see Rielly with the Leafs (don't know what the rule is under the CBA so I am not sure about that).

I think the Leafs have too many defenders for him to get an invitation.

From what I've read Gardiner is ready but they aren't bringing him up because of the depth they have on the team today.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 02-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59881625)
I think the Leafs have too many defenders for him to get an invitation.

From what I've read Gardiner is ready but they aren't bringing him up because of the depth they have on the team today.

That's fine too, he will get a taste of some pro experience in the AHL, especially if the Marlies make the playoffs. With Morgan's emergence Nonis will eventually move a few guys around by next season, wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Liles get shipped off by d-day (and make room for Jake).

ULF_55 02-17-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch (Post 59882137)
That's fine too, he will get a taste of some pro experience in the AHL, especially if the Marlies make the playoffs. With Morgan's emergence Nonis will eventually move a few guys around by next season, wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Liles get shipped off by d-day (and make room for Jake).

Like to see Gardiner back up with the team, they seriously need someone who can move the puck. It is painful watching the dead pucks on the Leafs' defenders.

leafsfuture 02-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

I stopped putting too much stock into World Junior performances by defenceman, as indicators of NHL potential when I saw Alex Pietrangelo play in his first world junior. Ditto for Jared Cowen a year later

ULF_55 02-17-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsfuture (Post 59885029)
I stopped putting too much stock into World Junior performances by defenceman, as indicators of NHL potential when I saw Alex Pietrangelo play in his first world junior. Ditto for Jared Cowen a year later

Watching juniors is exciting and until they hit the NHL they can all be HOFers.

Atomos2 02-17-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.


Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

Perish the thought. Especially when he is being paired up with the defensive shutdown specialist Ryan Murphy :sarcasm:

Tony Clifton Leaf 02-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

Rielly looked good at the WJC. He played as well as any Canadian player not on RNH's line.

Rielly has # 1 D-man potential, and I can't wait to see him continue to develop.

81 02-17-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the WJC eh?

Lebanese Leaf 02-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59880987)
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

I don't know why you keep bringing up the Brendan Bell comparisons...

Bell was a 3rd rounder, not a 5th overall pick. When Bell won the CHL defenseman of the year, he was in his overaged year, turning 20, 2 years after being drafted. Rielly is 18 turning 19, a full year younger right now. Bell did not have any of the elite attributes that Rielly has coming out of junior, or else he would have been a 1st rounder.

If you're using Benden Bell to discredit Rielly, then you may as well use Brenden Kichton to discredit Seth Jones. Kichton currently leads all WHL defensemen in points, ahead of Jones, after being a 5th rounder in 2011. Let's ignore the age gap and all other factors that influence points for a defenseman and say Seth Jones is overrated since he can't even out-produce Brenden Kichton.

ULF_55 02-17-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf (Post 59887561)
I don't know why you keep bringing up the Brendan Bell comparisons...

Bell was a 3rd rounder, not a 5th overall pick. When Bell won the CHL defenseman of the year, he was in his overaged year, turning 20, 2 years after being drafted. Rielly is 18 turning 19, a full year younger right now. Bell did not have any of the elite attributes that Rielly has coming out of junior, or else he would have been a 1st rounder.

If you're using Benden Bell to discredit Rielly, then you may as well use Brenden Kichton to discredit Seth Jones. Kichton currently leads all WHL defensemen in points, ahead of Jones, after being a 5th rounder in 2011. Let's ignore the age gap and all other factors that influence points for a defenseman and say Seth Jones is overrated since he can't even out-produce Brenden Kichton.

No I'm saying junior is junior.

Until they are doing it in the NHL we don't know what they can do in the NHL. You don't trade a young player in the NHL because you have a junior prospect who might not be ready for 2 years.

ULF_55 02-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody (Post 59886813)
I'm guessing you didn't watch the WJC eh?

You'd guess wrong then.

I watched the games but watched as a hockey fan, not a Leafs' fan.

Pi 02-17-2013 12:02 PM

Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.

johnny_rudeboy 02-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 59887799)
No I'm saying junior is junior.

Until they are doing it in the NHL we don't know what they can do in the NHL. You don't trade a young player in the NHL because you have a junior prospect who might not be ready for 2 years.

I agree. I have seen enough young Swedes looking great in the SEL, against highly skilled men, but who once they reach the NHL looks ok but nothing more and that it takes years for them to finally be able to get noticed in the NHL the way they got noticed in the SEL.

Gardiner is a developed player who is not only NHL ready, he is an actuall NHL player. That is a huge advantage for us when Reilly join us since we can afford the privilege of developing him the right way and put him in situations where he is more likely to succeed with out having to rush him. If he can make the jump right away and be able to contribute out of camp, then that is great. Then we have two skilled defenders and that have been a great advantage for several cup winners to have.

Drew311 02-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 59887991)
Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.

Hamilton's performance has nothing to do Rielly's performance. He played ok hockey at WJC's, just like the rest of the the defenseman. Pretty underwhelming overall. I don't think Rielly was used correctly, but he also didn't prove himself enough to be a top pairing player in the tournament.

ULF_55 02-17-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 59887991)
Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.

Do you think Hamilton would be mentioned for the Norris by Healy if ????

You are correct about junior though, until they make the NHL what they do in junior tournaments is just window dressing.

The fan960 before the tournament expected it to be the coming out party for Rielly. Too much hype for an underage tournament player.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.