HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Vancouver - Phoenix (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1352755)

Hi-wayman 02-17-2013 12:32 PM

Vancouver - Phoenix

To Phoenix: Cory Schnieder, Anton Rodin, Bill Sweatt

To Vancouver: Radim Vrbata, David Runblad, Mike Smith

With both Phoenix goalies struggling this season, it threatens the team's chances of staying a playoff contender. Cory Schnieder is just the type of goalie the Yotes can build around. Phoenix also gets two excellent, NHL ready, prospects.

Vancouver gets an inconsistant sniper in Vrbata who may just need a changle of scenery. Definately the Canucks could use extra scoring on the Kesler line. Not a hole in the Canucks lineup, but it is a weaker area of the team. Vancouver also fills another weak area by getting a good, young right side defenseman even though Runblad will be a RFA at the end of this season. If the Canucks can't re-sign him, the Canucks definately would be the losers in this trade. With Lack injured, Mike Smith is just included to give the Canucks a backup for Luongo this season. It could just as easily be Labarbera. Both are UFA's at the end of the season.

Boedker as a substitute for Vrbata would work as well. Basically the deal keys around Cory Schnieder for a winger suitable to play with Kesler, a 2nd/3rd pairing right side defenseman and a back-up goalie for this season.

Seatoo 02-17-2013 12:38 PM

Dear lord no.

CanucksSayEh 02-17-2013 12:41 PM

Pick for Raffi.

TOGuy14 02-17-2013 12:41 PM

I don't think there is any chance Phoenix would do this...

Vankiller Whale 02-17-2013 12:43 PM

Uh...what?

Why would Phoenix do this?

BlamBlam 02-17-2013 12:44 PM

Apologies 'Yotes fans.

Wizeman* 02-17-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh (Post 59893875)
Pick for Raffi.

Second round pick for Raffi Torres. :handclap:

capitalsrock 02-17-2013 01:32 PM

Awful for Coyotes.

They are happy with their goaltending and Schneider is not that much more valuable than Smith that Pheonix would have to add Vrbata and Rundblad for scrubs.

Cogburn 02-17-2013 01:36 PM

I say no, Coyotes say hell no.

Smith is working for them, and Schneider probably couldn't improve their GAA enough to merit losing Vrbata. Rundblad is being made to be a throw in when I think he is more valuable then that too.

I'm high on Rodin and Sweatt....but not a sensible deal from their side at all.

LPH 02-17-2013 02:00 PM

bad for coyotes and we have no need for Mike Smith. We maybe needed him when he cranked Henrik but now we're just fine :sarcasm:

LPH 02-17-2013 02:02 PM

nobody really wants Rodin or Sweatt, trust me

Seatoo 02-17-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 59899587)
nobody really wants Rodin or Sweatt, trust me

To be fair I'm pretty sure Arneil was hired by the rest of the northwest division to destroy all of our prospects so as far as I'm concerned every prospect gets a free pass this year ;)

XX 02-17-2013 02:22 PM

My favorite part was "Boedker is an acceptable substitute for Vrbata"

I don't really see Schneider as a young goalie to build around. He will be 27 this year, Smith will be 31. In goaltending years, there isn't much difference.

rt 02-17-2013 02:51 PM

Hilariously bad for Phoenix.

biturbo19 02-17-2013 04:51 PM

One of those rare trades where both sides look at it and ask, 'wtf?'

Rodin and Sweatt are not 'NHL-ready' at all. The Yotes are fine with Smith. And there is zero interest in trading Schneider for an inconsistent scorer, an older impending UFA goalie, and a prospect who has plenty of work to do before he would play on an AV coached team.

Sergei Shirokov 02-17-2013 06:08 PM

Stop. With. The. Schneider. Proposals.

This one is absolute crap anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizeman (Post 59895631)
Second round pick for Raffi Torres. :handclap:

Hell no.

Boedker89 02-17-2013 06:32 PM

Vrbata is one year removed from his 35 goal season, and is leading the team in points, Rundblad is a blue-chip dman who provides a sorely needed offensive spark to the Yotes. I have much higher confidence in Smith than Schneider, not to mention he fits Phoenix's system like a glove.

TL;DR: No ****ing way.

Regina Pat 02-17-2013 06:37 PM

Vrbata works in Phoenix. There is no way in there right mind that they move him.

Rutkowski 02-18-2013 09:25 AM

Gonna nominate this as the worst serious proposal this year.

And yes, I know it's February.

Xav 02-18-2013 10:03 AM

I saw Vrbata and Rundblad and thought to myself "Yotes fans are gonna hate this", then I saw Mike Smith and almost cried for Yotes fans.

LPH 02-18-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 59899947)
To be fair I'm pretty sure Arneil was hired by the rest of the northwest division to destroy all of our prospects so as far as I'm concerned every prospect gets a free pass this year ;)

:laugh: so true

Moar minutes for Haydar! Oh captain my captain!!!!!!

Xav 02-18-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live playoff hockey (Post 59950867)
:laugh: so true

Moar minutes for Haydar! Oh captain my captain!!!!!!

Haydar, don't be mean

alpine4life 02-18-2013 10:06 AM

OP forgot to had lube to that proposal... Awful for Coyotes here

cobra427 02-18-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-wayman (Post 59893343)
To Phoenix: Cory Schnieder, Anton Rodin, Bill Sweatt

To Vancouver: Radim Vrbata, David Runblad, Mike Smith

With both Phoenix goalies struggling this season, it threatens the team's chances of staying a playoff contender. Cory Schnieder is just the type of goalie the Yotes can build around. Phoenix also gets two excellent, NHL ready, prospects.

Vancouver gets an inconsistant sniper in Vrbata who may just need a changle of scenery. Definately the Canucks could use extra scoring on the Kesler line. Not a hole in the Canucks lineup, but it is a weaker area of the team. Vancouver also fills another weak area by getting a good, young right side defenseman even though Runblad will be a RFA at the end of this season. If the Canucks can't re-sign him, the Canucks definately would be the losers in this trade. With Lack injured, Mike Smith is just included to give the Canucks a backup for Luongo this season. It could just as easily be Labarbera. Both are UFA's at the end of the season.

Boedker as a substitute for Vrbata would work as well. Basically the deal keys around Cory Schnieder for a winger suitable to play with Kesler, a 2nd/3rd pairing right side defenseman and a back-up goalie for this season.

Why is something this ridiculous even posted? The worst GM in the league does not make this trade for the coyotes, and GMDM is one of the best:)

tony d 02-18-2013 10:17 AM

No team does this. Vancouver's already trying to get rid of 1 of their #1 goalies. Why would they trade for another?