HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Update on Comrie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13531)

Yanner39 09-23-2003 03:46 AM

Update on Comrie

Does any of you have any? I haven't heard anything here in Ottawa...Are the Oilers and the Comrie camp even talking...I know the Sens are talking with Havlat's agent...

Any rumblings in Edmonton that could be shared with out-of-towners..

Mr Sakich 09-23-2003 05:47 AM

according to both dailies, comrie will be an oiler when pigs fly. There are two stories that mention comrie and the feeling is that he either caves or gets traded.

I would luv to see him traded for fischer or kamaresik. There is some legitimacy to these rumours as yzerman and koivu look to be having another injury plagued year.

Another option could be LA. Looks like allison is still suffering from post concussion effects and his year is in jeoprady. They have some excellent young dmen like modry but not a lot of pure talent up front if deaded and allison are hurt long term.

thome_26 09-23-2003 05:55 AM

I'd like to see Komisarek or Fischer as well (prefer Fischer if we're picking). There have been lots of Comrie/Boynton talks (with a little something here or there for each team, but Comrie/Boynton seems commen) and I'd like that deal too. Any other young defenders the Oilers could go after?

Yanner39 09-23-2003 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
according to both dailies, comrie will be an oiler when pigs fly. There are two stories that mention comrie and the feeling is that he either caves or gets traded.

I would luv to see him traded for fischer or kamaresik. There is some legitimacy to these rumours as yzerman and koivu look to be having another injury plagued year.

Another option could be LA. Looks like allison is still suffering from post concussion effects and his year is in jeoprady. They have some excellent young dmen like modry but not a lot of pure talent up front if deaded and allison are hurt long term.

Thanks Thor...I hope this can get resolve quickly...Maybe a trade looks like the way to go...

Yanner39 09-23-2003 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
I'd like to see Komisarek or Fischer as well (prefer Fischer if we're picking). There have been lots of Comrie/Boynton talks (with a little something here or there for each team, but Comrie/Boynton seems commen) and I'd like that deal too. Any other young defenders the Oilers could go after?

A defenseman would be nice, although should we be concerned about replacing Comrie's offense...With Bergeron looking better every day, maybe defense won't be that big of an issue this year, especially if Salo rebounds...

thome_26 09-23-2003 06:10 AM

I think we have plenty of forwards. I mean the Smyth in the middle experiment is looking like it will last long and longer. Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky would be a GREAT top line IMO. With Dvorak, York, Chimera, Horcoff, Rita, Moreau, Reasoner, and Pisnai around to make up the second and third lines (Torres/Laraque/ and one of the above who isn't in the top six will be the fourth line) is VERY VERY solid. We haven't had this kind of good depth for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time! My lines:
Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Horcoff/Chimera-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Rita
Torres-Horcoff/Chimera/Stoll-Laraque

To me those lines are REALLY solid - much more so then out defense. If we could get another good young Dman to go with Brewer and Semenov as a future top 3 I think our teams needs would be fairly satisfied.

Yanner39 09-23-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

I think we have plenty of forwards. I mean the Smyth in the middle experiment is looking like it will last long and longer. Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky would be a GREAT top line IMO. With Dvorak, York, Chimera, Horcoff, Rita, Moreau, Reasoner, and Pisnai around to make up the second and third lines (Torres/Laraque/ and one of the above who isn't in the top six will be the fourth line) is VERY VERY solid. We haven't had this kind of good depth for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time! My lines:
Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Horcoff/Chimera-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Rita
Torres-Horcoff/Chimera/Stoll-Laraque

To me those lines are REALLY solid - much more so then out defense. If we could get another good young Dman to go with Brewer and Semenov as a future top 3 I think our teams needs would be fairly satisfied.

Totally agree that these lines do look good...In the Edmonton Journal, I just read that Lowe said that they are not trying to make smyth a centerman...That could mean alot of things...One of the things it tells me is that A) Comrie will sign and assume his spot at center or B) the Oilers will trade Comrie for a centerman...

My biggest concern with Smyth is faceoffs...Yeah, he'll taking alot of draws in practice, but it boils down to the fact that during the season, he'll taking draws against veteran centermen who have been at center for ever...

We'll see I guess...

thome_26 09-23-2003 06:21 AM

ya, Smyth is brutal in the circle - but maybe in time..... I'll have to go read that article!

Hellström 09-23-2003 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
They have some excellent young dmen like modry but not a lot of pure talent up front if deaded and allison are hurt long term.

Uhm - Modry is 29 or something like that. ;) Not that young :p

I like that Boynton-Comrie rumours, Boynton has been a favorite of mine !

thome_26 09-23-2003 07:01 AM

I doubt that Boston gives him up though. They aren't overly deep on the point either - and to give up your best young Dman would be tough (especially after losing Berard). Speaking of Berard..... what's he asking? He'd be the offensive Dman that we could be looking for! Is he affordable???

Mr Sakich 09-23-2003 07:13 AM

i don't think lowe would be jumping at boynton without getting his name on a long term deal. Boynton was originally drafted by washington but held out for more money and re-entered the draft two years later. He gets picked by boston and holds out in his first conract negotiation. Eventually signs a two year deal which expired this summe. Now another hold-out.

It could be boynton or it could be a bad agent but he is now 3 for 3 in holdouts.

TheBrew 09-23-2003 08:50 AM

how about a Comrie for Lundmark and ?????

Hemsky4PM 09-23-2003 09:07 AM

Apparanlty Comrie and the Oilers are still 1M appart and the Oilers aren't willing to move an inch.

I can see Comrie in Montreal. I would take Hainsey or Komisarek. Maybe the Habs would be interested in Rita aswell (unless they were unimpressed by his season in Hamilton).

Comrie and Rita
for
Perezhogin and Hainsey/Komisarek

FacelessButcher 09-23-2003 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Apparanlty Comrie and the Oilers are still 1M appart and the Oilers aren't willing to move an inch.

I can see Comrie in Montreal. I would take Hainsey or Komisarek. Maybe the Habs would be interested in Rita aswell (unless they were unimpressed by his season in Hamilton).

Comrie and Rita
for
Perezhogin and Hainsey/Komisarek

Aren't Hainsey and Komisarek untouchable just like Philly's Pitkanen

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 09-23-2003 11:09 AM

I'd wager if the Oilers and Comrie are still 1mil apart, then Lowe is still low-balling. Of course who knows with these rumors, but if Lowe's offering $1.1-1.4, What's he doing as our GM? Anywhere from $1.6-2 million would be acceptable for the team, and you'd think acceptable for Comrie. Then he puts up his #'s, get a nice long deal after this season and away we go. Too bad they didn't sign before camp though, looked to me like Comrie was really ready for this season.

Master Lok 09-23-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

I doubt that Boston gives him up though. They aren't overly deep on the point either - and to give up your best young Dman would be tough (especially after losing Berard). Speaking of Berard..... what's he asking? He'd be the offensive Dman that we could be looking for! Is he affordable???

For the umpteenth time, Berard is NOT ever going to be an Oiler. The Bruins walked away from an arbitrated contract of $2.5 million and have the rights to match anything 80% less (or something like that). Berard makes waaaay too much money for the Oilers and IMO is overrated.

creative giant* 09-23-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrew
how about a Comrie for Lundmark and ?????

I like lundmark, me and my friends used to go to saints practises for the pucks when i was in elementry, and he used to rip it up at akinsdale, but i don't know if there is anyone else the oilers want out of the rangers to even out the deal with except blackburn but that's not happening any time soon

man.from.sean 09-23-2003 11:52 AM

Hmm

Lundmark & Tjutin for Comrie as a starting point?

Don't mind me, I'm horrible at these things... :blush:

Mr Sakich 09-23-2003 01:33 PM

nope, that is actually a very good proposal and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the final deal.

thome_26 09-23-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I'd wager if the Oilers and Comrie are still 1mil apart, then Lowe is still low-balling. Of course who knows with these rumors, but if Lowe's offering $1.1-1.4, What's he doing as our GM? Anywhere from $1.6-2 million would be acceptable for the team, and you'd think acceptable for Comrie. Then he puts up his #'s, get a nice long deal after this season and away we go. Too bad they didn't sign before camp though, looked to me like Comrie was really ready for this season.

It's not the base that is the biggest problem. The problem is Comrie wants something similar to what he got last year (with easy bonuses) or a 2+ contract. Comrie plain and simple isn't worth two mllion bucks. If you give him Two at age 23, what do you give him at age 25? then 28? Comrie is to un-proven and coming of to poor of a year to make the demands he is making.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 09-23-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

It's not the base that is the biggest problem. The problem is Comrie wants something similar to what he got last year (with easy bonuses) or a 2+ contract. Comrie plain and simple isn't worth two mllion bucks. If you give him Two at age 23, what do you give him at age 25? then 28? Comrie is to un-proven and coming of to poor of a year to make the demands he is making.

Um, not to sound accusing, but how exactly would you know? I sure don't know what exactly is being thrown around in negotiations.

OYLer 09-23-2003 03:25 PM

Comrie for Havalat!

If examined from a literary perspective, the persona of a tragic hero seems to be enveloping young Comrie. Mikey's Othelleon spring-to-fall from grace in this promising year of 2003 seems to have been manipulated by his 'Rich' agent. This Iago (for those who enjoy the extended metaphor) whose whispering innuendoes that have fostered false perceptions, has subtly directed our tragic hero towards a "Winter of his discontent." This very embodiment of Greed/Agency is why a new CBA must declaw laissez-faire representation gone rabid.

But MC must bear some of the responsibility for his own growing misfortune. Mike's "to be, or not to be" indecisiveness (to mix the metaphor) will ultimately let him enjoy a "glorious summer" elsewhere.

Maybe our nations capital? Perhaps our young 'Dane' from the relative 'Hamlet' of Edmonton can be exchanged for the similarly discontented young 'Czech' Havalat. I propose a straight-up trade for Comrie ... what do you say Mr. Muckler? We're giving up 2 points of talent over the last two full season on this deal. :p

Allan 09-23-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYLer
If examined from a literary perspective, the persona of a tragic hero seems to be enveloping young Comrie. Mikey's Othelleon spring-to-fall from grace in this promising year of 2003 seems to have been manipulated by his 'Rich' agent. This Iago (for those who enjoy the extended metaphor) whose whispering innuendoes that have fostered false perceptions, has subtly directed our tragic hero towards a "Winter of his discontent." This very embodiment of Greed/Agency is why a new CBA must declaw laissez-faire representation gone rabid.

But MC must bear some of the responsibility for his own growing misfortune. Mike's "to be, or not to be" indecisiveness (to mix the metaphor) will ultimately let him enjoy a "glorious summer" elsewhere.

Maybe our nations capital? Perhaps our young 'Dane' from the relative 'Hamlet' of Edmonton can be exchanged for the similarly discontented young 'Czech' Havalat. I propose a straight-up trade for Comrie ... what do you say Mr. Muckler? We're giving up 2 points of talent over the last two full season on this deal. :p

I'm sure it will get done "tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow". Interesting post. I think we both have too much time on our hands.:p

Hemmer 09-23-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYLer

Ahh.

Only an English major like myself (and perhaps its writer?) can appreciate this post.

:yo:

thome_26 09-23-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Um, not to sound accusing, but how exactly would you know? I sure don't know what exactly is being thrown around in negotiations.

Fair enough post, I don't KNOW - but from what I've gathered from reading the papers (lol - not much to go on I know, the only constant with them seems to be that Comrie will be traded). Sry if I came off as if I was stating a fact (I did, I know) - It is my opinion that is what is going on though.