HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Los Angeles and Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1353127)

MapleLeafs9 02-17-2013 08:11 PM

Los Angeles and Toronto

To Toronto:

- Mike Richards

To LA:

- Mikhail Grabovski
- Jake Gardiner

I am a Mike Richards fan, have been since his days in Philadelphia. The guy is a leader, is good with the media, is responsible defensively, plays on the PK, and IMO isn't being used to his full potential in LA. He is good friends with Lupul since their time in Philly and would be a good choice to slot into the #1 centre role with Lupul and Kessel so that Bozak can go down to the 3rd line where he is more suited. Richards had some great offensive years and that doesn't just disappear. I'm confident he can do well in Toronto.

I remember in an interview with Lupul, he said although him and Kessel have great chemistry on the ice they almost never talk off it, and I assume it's because of Kessel's social anxiety or whatever he has going on, so maybe him and Richards could bring Kessel out of his shell.

It would be tough to part ways with Gardiner but with Rielly looking amazing in the WHL, I think Gardiner is expendable. Grabovski is a workhorse that is struggling right now so maybe a trade would wake him up.

Feel free to add to either side, or just flat out disagree :laugh: I think it's fair value.

etherialone 02-17-2013 08:13 PM

This will be fun.

Hawaiinleaf 02-17-2013 08:15 PM

NO....

Jake goes no where...

Having 2 super mobile fast puck moving D with great offense would give the Leafs an enormous boost for a decade

Far better to deal surplus D and Macarthur for more picks and then package our own pick to move up and draft our # 1C

Morlu 02-17-2013 08:15 PM

Decent proposal but I doubt any side will agree to it.

Bowie 02-17-2013 08:19 PM

No thanks.

Reclamation Project 02-17-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 59928613)
This will be fun.

Yup.

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 08:21 PM

no grabo is not a kings type player He would be lucky to crack 35 points on our 3rd line if he evens plays it . I know id rather have stoll on my 3rd line over him. I like gardnier but no way this trade happens.

This has been proposed before its not going to go well. Think kessel plus even then no as i dont think kessel would fit in la.

Reaper45 02-17-2013 08:59 PM

No thanks. Richards stays.

Rorschach 02-17-2013 09:07 PM

No from Toronto.
*snicker*

Whydidijoin* 02-17-2013 09:11 PM

I don't see what makes Richards all that much better than Grabovski. The difference is definitely not Gardiner. Not sure I want to take on that contract either.

Also, Lupul and Kessel do talk off the ice, and Kessel has many friends in the locker room. Somehow people see shy on camera, and instantly think they are social outcasts and can't make friends?

Having one great defensive prospect does not make one that has proven himself to play at a high level in the NHL expendable.

Grabovski is also not struggling. He is being used to shutdown elite players every shift.

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingV (Post 59932125)
I don't see what makes Richards all that much better than Grabovski. The difference is definitely not Gardiner. Not sure I want to take on that contract either.

Also, Lupul and Kessel do talk off the ice, and Kessel has many friends in the locker room. Somehow people see shy on camera, and instantly think they are social outcasts and can't make friends?

Having one great defensive prospect does not make one that has proven himself to play at a high level in the NHL expendable.

Grabovski is also not struggling. He is being used to shutdown elite players every shift.

is hearing here i go again by whitesnake as he writes this. Richard is a elite player in this league Tsn rated him 44th best player in the league Grabo wasnt even rated as far as i remember. Richard has been in the finals on every teams hes been on period. He comes to play in the playoffs. This was all discussed on a thread less then a month ago. The only players to say there close was leaf fans to my memory. in other words hes a winner. Grabo if he went to the kings would be at most a 3rd line player With kopitar and carter still there if u think he plays above them i want whatever ur on. I wouldnt even have him as the 3rd center as stoll is better suited for it and wins more draws. The kings are a defensive team first and grabo isnt anywhere near the defense of richards.

Gardner holds more value to the kings and even then i dont think hes the answer to our defensive needs. The kings need a vetern to calm this defense down not a rookie or couple year experience, Im not even convinced hes a upgrade on drewiski and muzzin because he doesnt play our style of defense.

never said he was struggling but in la he would theres little doubt in my mind. He wouldnt get the same ice time as he does in leafland also wouldnt get the pp time for sure.

etherialone 02-17-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingV (Post 59932125)

Marsha Marsha Marsha!!!!

Sorry, no offence but for some reason when I read your post I heard tantrum.

I disagree with your take but thats a matter of opinion. I mean Grabovski is good but he isn't near the same level as Richards is in so many ways. His contract is great and while I agree that Gardiner is a really good young player I believe the Kings could do better if they were inclined to move the key piece to their winning the Stanley Cup.

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 59932885)
Marsha Marsha Marsha!!!!

Sorry, no offence but for some reason when I read your post I heard tantrum.

I disagree with your take but thats a matter of opinion. I mean Grabovski is good but he isn't near the same level as Richards is in so many ways. His contract is great and while I agree that Gardiner is a really good young player I believe the Kings could do better if they were inclined to move the key piece to their winning the Stanley Cup.

:laugh::handclap: for some reason i actually laughed out loud at that and agree we would get alot better if we decided to trade him.

kihei 02-17-2013 09:29 PM

We've been through this before, like less than a month ago. There is not enough difference between the two to justify this idiotic kind of overpayment. Awful proposal.

etherialone 02-17-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihei (Post 59933221)
We've been through this before, like less than a month ago. There is not enough difference between the two to justify this idiotic kind of overpayment. Awful proposal.

I agree, Kings get hosed.

Close thread.

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 59933415)
I agree, Kings get hosed.

Close thread.

seconded all in favour say i IIIIIIIIIIIII

snizzbone 02-17-2013 09:39 PM

No thank you from the Toronto side, as much as I like Richards. Too much potential in Gardiner.

Whydidijoin* 02-17-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 59932789)
Richard is a elite player in this league

Richards used to be an elite player in this league. Those days are gone.

Quote:

Richard has been in the finals on every teams hes been on period.

Wow, all 2 of them! Not like both were cup contenders though, right?

Quote:

He comes to play in the playoffs.

Players should come to play the whole year.

Quote:

Grabo if he went to the kings would be at most a 3rd line player.

He would be the 2nd line center.

Quote:

I wouldnt even have him as the 3rd center as stoll is better suited for it and wins more draws.

Grabovski: 53.2% on faceoffs
Stoll: 52.7% on faceoffs

Quote:

The kings are a defensive team first and grabo isnt anywhere near the defense of richards.

He is just as good as Richards defensively. Leafs are a defense-first team as well, and he has been used in a pure shutdown role.

Quote:

never said he was struggling but in la he would theres little doubt in my mind. He wouldnt get the same ice time as he does in leafland also wouldnt get the pp time for sure.

Grabovski is not currently on the PP. He is being used entirely in a shutdown role, and doing very well at it.

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 10:09 PM

Richards used to be an elite player in this league. Those days are gone.

still a elite 2nd line center but your free to think what u want.

Wow, all 2 of them! Not like both were cup contenders though, right?

umm think team canadas and his jr team not just nhl
Players should come to play the whole year.

He would be the 2nd line center.

your smokeing something for sure there no way in hell he plays before kopitar or carter
Grabovski: 53.2% on faceoffs
Stoll: 52.7% on faceoffs
Stoll is still better suited to play one my teams 3rd line center imo

He is just as good as Richards defensively. Leafs are a defense-first team as well, and he has been used in a pure shutdown role.
lmao @ the leafs being a defensive team there trying to be and it will be a while before they truely can be called that

Grabovski is not currently on the PP. He is being used entirely in a shutdown role, and doing very well at it

Still no where near as well as richards

The Dangley One 02-17-2013 10:14 PM

Grabo is redundant on the kings. Gardiner is a good base though

KingCanadain1976 02-17-2013 10:22 PM

here is the thread from a little while ago please read this http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1335407&page=1

Whydidijoin* 02-17-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 59935409)
still a elite 2nd line center but your free to think what u want

A 2nd-line center is by definition not an elite player in the league.

Quote:

umm think team canadas and his jr team not just nhl

Lol, yeah, like Richards is the reason Team Canada wins.

Quote:

your smokeing something for sure there no way in hell he plays before kopitar or carter

So you trade a 2nd-line center, and you receive a very similar 2nd-line center in return, but you start mixing up lines for no reason?

Carter plays wing.

Quote:

Stoll is still better suited to play one my teams 3rd line center imo

Based on nothing.

You main criteria you pointed out, Grabovski is better at. Now you change your story.

Quote:

lmao @ the leafs being a defensive team there trying to be and it will be a while before they truely can be called that

Believe it or not, the Leafs are a defensive team. That is Carlyle's style, and it has worked very well.

Leafs are 10th in GA/G. 11th in PPGA. Our goaltenders have put up 0.929 and 0.927 save percentages.

Get into 2013.

Flames Fanatic 02-17-2013 10:36 PM

Personally if I were the Kings I wouldn't do it.

etherialone 02-17-2013 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=FlyingV;59936413]"A 2nd-line center is by definition not an elite player in the league."

There's this guy in Pitts called Malkin. You should check him out. He plays second line center from time to time and I think people might think that Messier was elite to name two.

MR may not be Malkin or Mess but he has a remarkable success record in the game and everywhere he plays he was won a championship (league, etc) and is always considered to be a key reason for doing so.

"Lol, yeah, like Richards is the reason Team Canada wins."

Everyone on his team(s) and his coaches along with most of the pundits all sure seem to credit MR for being a huge part of their winning.

"Carter plays wing."

Carter plays both wing and center.

You see, you can believe that Grabovski, a good solid player is going to bring you the same results as MR will but the only other people in the hockey universe that will agree with you will be some of your fellow Leaf fans and a hand full of others.

The vast majority of the hockey world are going to take MR ten out of ten times but no worries, sticking with Grabovski has worked so far.

Leafs87 02-17-2013 10:43 PM

That's a big price for us to pay (mainly gardiner). What would it take to get carter instead ?