HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Murderers Row (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1353157)

Bolts265 02-17-2013 09:36 PM

Murderers Row

Starting Tuesday we have 9 tough games in a row 7 of which are on the road. Safe to say this stretch will make or break any chances of us making the playoffs IMO. What say you?

The YzerJesus 02-17-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolts265 (Post 59929999)
Starting Tuesday we have 9 tough games in a row 7 of which are on the road. Safe to say this stretch will make or break any chances of us making the playoffs IMO. What say you?

I agree. But I think we will tough through it and come out with a majority of wins. We looked better against the Panthers than we have in a while. I'm hoping it translates to better play overall. Our D really needs to pick it up. We shouldn't have to score 6 goals every game to win.

MattM92 02-18-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer (Post 59937723)
I agree. But I think we will tough through it and come out with a majority of wins. We looked better against the Panthers than we have in a while. I'm hoping it translates to better play overall. Our D really needs to pick it up. We shouldn't have to score 6 goals every game to win.

I hope you're right, but it WAS the Panthers. Giving up 5 goals to the Panthers is like 7 or 8 to a good team.

tattooedsean 02-18-2013 05:16 AM

It is amazing that with all the skilled players the Lightning have that they don't try to forecheck more to put the pressure on the opponents coming out of their zone.

Follower of Yzlam 02-18-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattooedsean (Post 59945489)
It is amazing that with all the skilled players the Lightning have that they don't try to forecheck more to put the pressure on the opponents coming out of their zone.

The choir. You're preaching to it.

Anyway, we need to put wins together over this stretch. The obvious reason is we need the points, but we also need the confidence of beating top teams that we'll be facing in the playoffs if we get there.

warlord6 02-18-2013 11:44 AM

The new buzz word is "net presence".

Let's see how long we hear that one. Whenever they do execute a "net presence" stratagem we seem to "compete" a lot more.

Kusic 02-18-2013 12:07 PM

If we will play without defense like last 7 games, we will lose all nine games..

Leafs 6-2
Bruins 3-1
Canes 4-3
Pens 5-1
Sabres 5-3
Rags 4-2
Bruins 4-2
Pens 6-3
Devils 3-2

:cry:

Doctor Drej 02-18-2013 01:31 PM

The optimism is overflowing.

Drouin2Stamkos 02-18-2013 02:08 PM

If they are able to stay out of the PB, I think they can win a lot of those games. Bury the opportunities they have been getting and play the kind of defense they are capable of playing. They can do it. Its on them and nobody else. Forget about the refs and who they are playing that night. Play the game they are capable of playing and they will get wins.