HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GDT: 18/2/2013 - Flames (5-5-3) at Coyotes (7-6-2) 19:00 MST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1353547)

Signature 02-18-2013 11:37 AM

18/2/2013 - Flames (5-5-3) at Coyotes (7-6-2) 19:00 MST
 
Here's a terribad GDT.

Wonder if the team will show up today on a back-to-back and with a back-up to boot.

Therefore, I'm not sure if I'll show up either with a better GDT.
I'll try to at least post rosters later.

Either way, I'll be at work all day.
Happy Family Day.

PROJECTED LINES


THE ******* INCONSISTENT CALGARY FLAMES

Hudler - Horak - Cervenka
Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Comeau - Begin - Jackman

Giordano - Bouwmeester
Wideman - Brodie
Butler - Babchuk

Taylor




THE PHOENIX COYOTES

Sullivan - Vermette - Doan
Boedker - Hanzal - ???
Korpikoski - Gordon - Moss
Torres - Chipchura - Johnson

Ekman-Larsson - Michalek
Yandle - ???
Klesla - Stone

Smith

MuffinMerc 02-18-2013 11:41 AM

Who needs better GDT's when we have Blake Comeau? :sarcasm:

FlamesFan18 02-18-2013 11:46 AM

Win 2 in a row?

Taylors first start

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&s...3%3B1000%3B728

Sean Monahan 02-18-2013 11:49 AM

Is Danny Taylor for sure starting? High hopes for a calm, fundamental goalie like him!

RA9 02-18-2013 11:51 AM

it's likely taylor will make his first start.

hopefully he can play well, we'll really need it this game.

gfg.

tyflames 02-18-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla (Post 59955295)
Is Danny Taylor for sure starting? High hopes for a calm, fundamental goalie like him!

Bob Hartley said this morning Taylor will be starting.
"Monday morning, Flames head coach Bob Hartley said Danny Taylor would make his first career NHL start in goal tonight. "

MarkGio 02-18-2013 11:54 AM

Happy Family Day everybody!!

I'm excited to see Taylor in action, and I'm excited to see the Flames come off a win and have a game the next night.

Go :flames Go!!

Flames92 02-18-2013 11:56 AM

Im real excited to see Taylor in action. Watch him beat out both MacDonald and Irving for the back-up job ;)

F l a m e s 02-18-2013 12:08 PM

Gotta start stringing a few wins together. Our next 6 games are all *winnable, and could really boost us up the standings!

Good-luck Taylor! Go Flames Go!
______________________________
*teams right around us in the standings.

flameaholic 02-18-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 59956159)
Gotta start stringing a few wins together. Our next 6 games are all *winnable, and could really boost us up the standings!

Good-luck Taylor! Go Flames Go!
______________________________
*teams right around us in the standings.

Yes but remember, the Calgary Flames are *like a box of chocolates. Good luck to Taylor tonight, hope the Flames play well in front of him.

*You just never know what you gonna get!

Go Flames Go! Can we get above .500 please? :snide:

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 01:06 PM

New lines today
Hudler - Horak - Cervenka
Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Comeau - Begin - Jackman

tfong 02-18-2013 01:13 PM

Gl Danny!

Sean Monahan 02-18-2013 01:13 PM

didn't catch the 3rd period but did Horak continue to play with Hudler and Cervenka? Saw his icetime total and it was less than 10 minutes I think.

Obviously Hartley liked what he saw so hopefully that line has a good game!

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla (Post 59960813)
didn't catch the 3rd period but did Horak continue to play with Hudler and Cervenka? Saw his icetime total and it was less than 10 minutes I think.

Obviously Hartley liked what he saw so hopefully that line has a good game!

He only really took a few shifts with them in the third, it looks like Hartley liked what he saw

Goflames3 02-18-2013 01:49 PM

very exited to see horak play with cervenka and hudler :) and taylor with the start! :)

Janks 02-18-2013 02:34 PM

Just ****ing win.

Excited to see Taylor start, and I'm really happy to see Horak playing with Cerv and Huds.

Flames92 02-18-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 59960411)
New lines today
Hudler - Horak - Cervenka
Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Comeau - Begin - Jackman

Those are some gd looking lines.. And we're still missing Backlund and Baertschi

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 59973033)
Those are some gd looking lines.. And we're still missing Backlund and Baertschi

They are my favorite lines so far when Backlund comes back I think he takes Horak's spot and Horak and Sven go to the heat.

MuffinMerc 02-18-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 59973153)
They are my favorite lines so far when Backlund comes back I think he takes Horak's spot and Horak and Sven go to the heat.

In think Sven might still be kept here. He wasn't sent down even when he was playing 5 minutes a game. :(

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuffinMerc (Post 59973411)
In think Sven might still be kept here. He wasn't sent down even when he was playing 5 minutes a game. :(

That was only 1 game, I would imagine that if he wasn't given a spot in the top 9 he would be sent back down. I think it would be good for him to play the year getting 20+ minutes in the ahl rather than 5-10 in the nhl. Then if we trade Stempniak he takes his spot.

Either way I think Sven is the off man out in the top 9.

InfinityIggy 02-18-2013 03:52 PM

I think when Sven and Backlund come back, we are going to waive Comeau and probably move a guy like Stempniak. Keeping Horak up in the process.

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 59973793)
I think when Sven and Backlund come back, we are going to waive Comeau and probably move a guy like Stempniak. Keeping Horak up in the process.

I doubt this team waives Comeau, I don't like him but atleast he hits and pks. I also doubt we move Stempniak unless we are out of it as he has been playing great and also is a good pker.

Flames92 02-18-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 59973153)
They are my favorite lines so far when Backlund comes back I think he takes Horak's spot and Horak and Sven go to the heat.

With a healthy line up i would probably do:

Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Glencross
Comeau - Begin - Stempniak


I think its up to Baertschi honestly, he will get another shot since he's coming back before Backlund, so its his opportunity to steal a jersey. I think he realizes his job is not safe and he will come back hungry. If thats the case I think Stempniak either gets traded or dumped to the 4th line since he's slowly starting to cool off.

TheHudlinator 02-18-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 59974513)
With a healthy line up i would probably do:

Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Glencross
Comeau - Begin - Stempniak


I think its up to Baertschi honestly, he will get another shot since he's coming back before Backlund, so its his opportunity to steal a jersey. I think he realizes his job is not safe and he will come back hungry. If thats the case I think Stempniak either gets traded or dumped to the 4th line since he's slowly starting to cool off.

Not bad, not saying I hate it but I think Backlund fits well with the speed of Hudler and Cervenka and Stajan and Stempniak have a real chemistry when shutting down other teams lines. We should be rewarding effort and production and I just can't see sticking Stempniak on the 4th after the way he has played to start the year, as long Stempniak plays the way he has he is in the top 9 (for me).

InfinityIggy 02-18-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 59974513)
With a healthy line up i would probably do:

Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Glencross
Comeau - Begin - Stempniak


I think its up to Baertschi honestly, he will get another shot since he's coming back before Backlund, so its his opportunity to steal a jersey. I think he realizes his job is not safe and he will come back hungry. If thats the case I think Stempniak either gets traded or dumped to the 4th line since he's slowly starting to cool off.

I really like these lines. Doesn't rush Bart into the top 6, but gives him solid linemates. I might switch Backlund and Stajan depending on the hot hand. Only thing I don't like is no Horak.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.