HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: LA-Buff (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1353565)

Tookey98 02-18-2013 11:53 AM

LA-Buff

To LA-Robin Regeher

To Buff-Dustin Penner

Rorschach 02-18-2013 11:56 AM

2004 Regher for 2008 Penner? Done!

Boose30 02-18-2013 11:58 AM

yeah id be willing to make a trade around regher for penner

Oiled up* 02-18-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 59955449)
To LA-Robin Regeher

To Buff-Dustin Penner

Kings probably don't have enough cap room for regehr and Dustin Penner is playing horrible and oftewn scratched iirc... Regehr can't be that bad to want to trade him for Penner can he?

MayDayMayDay 02-18-2013 12:00 PM

I'd do it.

SFKingshomer 02-18-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle (Post 59955739)
Kings probably don't have enough cap room for regehr and Dustin Penner is playing horrible and oftewn scratched iirc... Regehr can't be that bad to want to trade him for Penner can he?

Cap space isn't a problem with Mitchell and Greene out.

Tookey98 02-18-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle (Post 59955739)

I think the cap is pretty close and both are ufa at the end of the season. LA needs some def help Buf has a surplus and could use some size up front maybe LA adds a mid draft pick

funky 02-18-2013 12:08 PM

I would do it from Kings POV

puckey 02-18-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 59955933)
I think the cap is pretty close and both are ufa at the end of the season. LA needs some def help Buf has a surplus and could use some size up front maybe LA adds a mid draft pick

no pick, maybe a pancake

MJMazzarone 02-18-2013 12:22 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this WAY too much for Penner? Or is Regeher really just not what he used to be

Djp 02-18-2013 12:28 PM

Regehr has a NMC in his contract. Buffalo actually would like to keep him.

Instead I would counter with a Leopold for Penner. Leopold is also a UFA after this year. He isnt in the Sabres plans for next year because they have 3 Dmen who could easily step in from minors/college next season.

thefifagod 02-18-2013 01:18 PM

Don't see a need for Penner for the Sabres POV. If Regehr is willing to waive his NMC, then I'd imagine the Sabres would trade him for picks.

Shellz 02-18-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefifagod (Post 59961217)
Don't see a need for Penner for the Sabres POV. If Regehr is willing to waive his NMC, then I'd imagine the Sabres would trade him for picks.

Alright, Kings will send ya a 7th too :sarcasm:

Rivet52 02-18-2013 01:27 PM

Absolutely not from Buffalo.

Regehr really needs to be kept out of proposals. He's got a NMC and he won't waive it unless Regier specifically asks if he'd like to be traded to a contender at the deadline and he wants that chance. Odds are that won't happen though. He doesn't want to leave Buffalo. Besides, I can guarantee he's a UFA we're going to try re-signing anyway and I expect he'll be more than willing to stay and might even take a hometown discount. He and his family are settled in Buffalo now and he won't move them again.

Even if Regehr was available, it'd be stupid of Buffalo to move him. He's one of our best defensemen (Ruff said just last week that he felt he's our best) and we want to re-sign him. And for Penner? A guy that is a UFA in the summer and has been a healthy scratch in L.A.? Buffalo's not going anywhere this year and we know it. Playoffs are a dream at this point. No point in trading for Penner. If we do anything with UFAs this season, we're going to be sellers and it won't be with Regehr either.

Coconut Head 02-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkEye (Post 59956105)
I think the Kings would trade Penner for a tub of maple syrup.

*Cue pancake joke*

Reaper45 02-18-2013 01:45 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the Kings and Sabres as good trading partners.

Djp 02-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 59961951)
Absolutely not from Buffalo.

Regehr really needs to be kept out of proposals. He's got a NMC and he won't waive it unless Regier specifically asks if he'd like to be traded to a contender at the deadline and he wants that chance. Odds are that won't happen though. He doesn't want to leave Buffalo. Besides, I can guarantee he's a UFA we're going to try re-signing anyway and I expect he'll be more than willing to stay and might even take a hometown discount. He and his family are settled in Buffalo now and he won't move them again.

Even if Regehr was available, it'd be stupid of Buffalo to move him. He's one of our best defensemen (Ruff said just last week that he felt he's our best) and we want to re-sign him. And for Penner? A guy that is a UFA in the summer and has been a healthy scratch in L.A.? Buffalo's not going anywhere this year and we know it. Playoffs are a dream at this point. No point in trading for Penner. If we do anything with UFAs this season, we're going to be sellers and it won't be with Regehr either.

As I sad.....Leopold for Penner.

I look at it as a try out and see what happens....before he s a UFA. Leopold isn't gettng resigned. Regher likely does.

Penner has a good potential upside worth the risk. Their salaries are about the same.

KingCanadain1976 02-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckey (Post 59956503)
no pick, maybe a pancake

wow glad you took the time to make a account to add this to the converstation :shakehead:help:

Djp 02-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 59963293)
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the Kings and Sabres as good trading partners.

What sabres are you looking at?

Buffalo has a glut of defenseman that they could trade. Currently they have 8, I think 4 are on final years of contract. The kings , due to injury ,need veteran defenseman to cover this year but don't want one with along term contract.

tsujimoto74 02-18-2013 04:13 PM

Leopold would be a better target than Regehr. Regehr isn't the same d-man he was 4 years ago, but he's still good in his own end and our only real physical presence back there besides Mike Weber. He also has an NMC, which I'm not sure he's likely to waive.

Monarchist 02-18-2013 05:00 PM

I'd rather get Tallinder instead, even with the extra year on his contract, if going for an overpriced declining overpaid defenseman. He's just better. I think Tallinder would also cost few assets.

SabresBills2012 02-18-2013 05:36 PM

No thanks, I don't like pancakes

New Sabres Captain 02-18-2013 06:19 PM

Value may not be bad, but I don't see the fit on the current lineup for Penner.

Rivet52 02-18-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 59967679)
As I sad.....Leopold for Penner.

I look at it as a try out and see what happens....before he s a UFA. Leopold isn't gettng resigned. Regher likely does.

Penner has a good potential upside worth the risk. Their salaries are about the same.

I'd still be hesitant to do Leopold for Penner. If we had a good shot at the playoffs and wanted to trade struggling upcoming UFA for struggling upcoming UFA and hope both Penner and Leopold play better with their new teams I'd say go for it, but we have little shot at the playoffs at this point; we're not a playoff team.

I'd rather just trade Leopold for picks/prospects. He's returned quite a few second-rounders in the past on Deadline Day. Not saying he's worth that now, but I bet we could at least get a third for him and I'd be happy enough with that at this point. Someone will surely give that up or an alright prospect (Greg Zanon for Steven Kampfer) for Leopold. Way better than just trading him for a guy who's playing poorly and that we might have for two months and get nothing out of as we miss the playoffs and he walks July 1st.

Oberyn 02-18-2013 06:40 PM

Honestly forgot Regehr was still in the league.