HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Reebok 11k vs 9K gloves (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1353669)

Hendricks433 02-18-2013 02:47 PM

Reebok 11k vs 9K gloves

I am looking at Reebok 11k vs 9k gloves and had a few questions for anyone that has any experience with them. I am looking at one of these for my next gloves, I remember trying them on last year and liked them a lot but no stores around here have any to determine size and which model I want. I have some 14" Reebok 7000 4-rolls but they are too big. My 13" Bauer 4 rolls are too small. I am leaning towards 14" because my hands are long but pretty slim and skinny. How does the 4 Roll fit vs the Kinetic fit gloves? I've heard the 4-rolls fit large compared to others, are the kinetic fit the same?

Are there any major differences between the 9k and 11k? Is the 11k more mobile?

AIREAYE 02-18-2013 08:56 PM

The 4 Rolls are on the opposite spectrum of 'fit' compared to the KFS series. Traditionally wide versus anatomically snug. There aren't any 'major' differences between the 9K and 11K unless you consider the changes in material. Both feature a gusseted flexible cuff roll that is supposed to move with the bend in your wrist, providing optimal coverage.

How were the 7000 4 Rolls too big? Big can mean too long or too wide and loose. How were the Bauer 4 Rolls too small?

jazz4all 02-18-2013 10:18 PM

bauer 4 roll's finger length is shorter than any 4 roll out there :(

Hendricks433 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 59988285)
The 4 Rolls are on the opposite spectrum of 'fit' compared to the KFS series. Traditionally wide versus anatomically snug. There aren't any 'major' differences between the 9K and 11K unless you consider the changes in material. Both feature a gusseted flexible cuff roll that is supposed to move with the bend in your wrist, providing optimal coverage.

How were the 7000 4 Rolls too big? Big can mean too long or too wide and loose. How were the Bauer 4 Rolls too small?

I know they are completely different type of gloves, thats the one reason I want to get them. I only have the 2 sets of gloves at the moment. The Reeboks are too wide and maybe just a tad too long, max of 1/4" if anything. When I open my hand and then close it like I am putting it on my stick it starts to come off. I am constantly readjusting while playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz4all (Post 59995801)
bauer 4 roll's finger length is shorter than any 4 roll out there :(

I unfortunately found this out after I bought them and had used them for quite a while. I was torn between the Bauers and Reeboks initially and my LHS had the Reeboks on sale for 20% off so I went with them but they were too big so after a month I picked up the Bauers but 13" because my Reeboks were too big. Now it seems impossible to sell lightly used gloves to buy new ones lol. :shakehead

The design of the 9K and 11K intrigue me and I like the concept and liked the ones I tried on when I did. Unfortunately since no one has any around here so I cant try them on and I am trying to figure out which size to get.

I'm also considering picking up a pair of 14" Baurer 4-Rolls. Would like to sell both sets of mine before I invest in the same pair but thats proving difficult.

Hendricks433 02-19-2013 06:56 PM

Anyone have insight to sizing between Reeboks 9k/11k and 4-Rolls? Everytime I put on 13" gloves they seem really small, whenever I put on 14" gloves they seem pretty loose and big.

AIREAYE 02-20-2013 11:06 AM

To be honest, with that degree of difference, there isn't much else we can suggest I don't think. It's probably up to you to decide at this point because how you like your glove to feel has too much to do with personal preference.

sanityplease 02-20-2013 02:16 PM

I've got 15" 11k pro stocks, love them. My last pair were 14 1/2" sherwood 4-rolls.

Some glove brands were too big for me in 15", but in reebok, they were perfect. I found that the 9k's felt less bulky than the 11k's. Probably more armor on the 11k's as they're a pro level glove. FWIW, 9k's felt more mobile on my hand so I'd probably go with the 9k's over the 11k's if you're not playing really competitive hockey. & the flex cuff on both models is fantastic, offers as much range of motion vs. a standard 4 roll design (feels like there's zero cuff) & no gap in forearm protection.

I'll likely never go back to 4 rolls.

ausername1 02-21-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendricks433 (Post 59996935)
Now it seems impossible to sell lightly used gloves to buy new ones lol. :shakehead

On a side note... are you still trying to sell those gloves? I might be interested if you pm me with details.

Hendricks433 02-21-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanityplease (Post 60102583)
I've got 15" 11k pro stocks, love them. My last pair were 14 1/2" sherwood 4-rolls.

Some glove brands were too big for me in 15", but in reebok, they were perfect. I found that the 9k's felt less bulky than the 11k's. Probably more armor on the 11k's as they're a pro level glove. FWIW, 9k's felt more mobile on my hand so I'd probably go with the 9k's over the 11k's if you're not playing really competitive hockey. & the flex cuff on both models is fantastic, offers as much range of motion vs. a standard 4 roll design (feels like there's zero cuff) & no gap in forearm protection.

I'll likely never go back to 4 rolls.

Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Exactly what I'm looking for. I found a shop that had some 13" 9K's and some 14" 7K's and tested them out yesterday. The 7K's cuff seemed to be much longer, stiffer and less mobile and made it hard to compare the 2.

sanityplease 02-21-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendricks433 (Post 60158435)
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Exactly what I'm looking for. I found a shop that had some 13" 9K's and some 14" 7K's and tested them out yesterday. The 7K's cuff seemed to be much longer, stiffer and less mobile and made it hard to compare the 2.

NP, the cuff on the 7k isn't the same, not nearly as flexible as the 9k. The gloves you tried on are different lengths, so a 14" 7k cuff would feel longer than a 13" 9k.

Hendricks433 02-21-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanityplease (Post 60159487)
NP, the cuff on the 7k isn't the same, not nearly as flexible as the 9k. The gloves you tried on are different lengths, so a 14" 7k cuff would feel longer than a 13" 9k.

Right, what I was thinking is the cuff on the 7K is different so the 14" 9K cuff would be shorter and more flexible than the 14" 7K cuff. So I want to get my hands on a 14" 9K or 11K to know what size I want. The 13" 9k was short in the fingers as usual.