HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tyler Myers to Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1354079)

Trembs 02-18-2013 09:43 PM

Tyler Myers to Montreal

Montreal - Nathan Beaulieu, Eller, Alex Avtsin, 2nd round pick and Kaberle (specifically for cap reasons) you can buy him out at seasons end or flip him for a late pick at deadline day

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

OR

Mtl - Tinordi, Eller, Bouillon, 3rd round pick, Kaberle (cap reasons)

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

I'm not an Eller hater whatsoever and actually like him very much, just feel he could be expendable and fetch a good return if packaged well

Captain Wolverine 02-18-2013 09:47 PM

The way Tyler Myers is playing right now, I doubt he'd crack our D-core (he'd probably pass Boullion based on size). Can't say I'm particularly interested in giving up al that for him, although the potential reward is excellent.

That being said, their is zero chance Buffalo makes this deal so its a moot point.

glenbuis 02-18-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 59998001)
The way Tyler Myers is playing right now, I doubt he'd crack our D-core (he'd probably pass Boullion based on size). Can't say I'm particularly interested in giving up al that for him, although the potential reward is excellent.

That being said, their is zero chance Buffalo makes this deal so its a moot point.

How is it that there is zero chance that a team would take that kind of a package for a defenceman that you doubt could crack our D core.

CraniumCram 02-18-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 59998761)
How is it that there is zero chance that a team would take that kind of a package for a defenceman that you doubt could crack our D core.

Its completely asinine to say he wouldn't crack your D-corps. Although he is right about Buffalo refusing this, nothing enticing enough to move someone like Myers. A 10 game slump does not decrease Myers' value to the point of his being traded for what amounts to a pile of scraps in comparison. Now I'm not saying Eller and Beaulieu are scraps, but in comparison, Myers is the player you build a team around.

glenbuis 02-18-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trembz420 (Post 59997745)
Montreal - Nathan Beaulieu, Eller, Alex Avtsin, 2nd round pick and Kaberle (specifically for cap reasons) you can buy him out at seasons end or flip him for a late pick at deadline day

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

OR

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

I'm not an Eller hater whatsoever and actually like him very much, just feel he could be expendable and fetch a good return if packaged well

Myself, I would prefer the package with Bealieau because I think when Tinordi comes into his own , he will be one of the better shutdown defenceman in the league.

Lebowski 02-18-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 59999061)
Its completely asinine to say he wouldn't crack your D-corps. Although he is right about Buffalo refusing this, nothing enticing enough to move someone like Myers. A 10 game slump does not decrease Myers' value to the point of his being traded for what amounts to a pile of scraps in comparison. Now I'm not saying Eller and Beaulieu are scraps, but in comparison, Myers is the player you build a team around.

The thing is, it's more like a 149 games slump rather than a 10 games slump. Not interested in getting him for that package, and yes, he would hardly crack our D-corp the way he is playing right now. In fact, he would hardly crack any D-corp in the league.

Buffalo has no point trading when his value is at an all-time low, so this kind of trade offer won't go anywhere.

Top Pair Imposter 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

I'd prefer the Beaulieu package.

MayDayMayDay 02-18-2013 10:11 PM

Myers has looked a lot better since his benching. He is gonna be fine. We're not trading him. Like, at all.

Captain Wolverine 02-18-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 59998761)

Easy.

Montreal's D-core:

Markov - 7th in league scoring for D-men, playing like Markov of old.
Diaz - 5th in league scoring for D-men
Subban - 6 points in 9 games and plays a complete game.
Gorges - top 10 in blocked shots, great shutdown D.
Emelin - 5th in hits, provides much needed physical element.
Boullion - providing vet presence, plus Therrien loves him

plus the way Myers has played this season is why I doubt he'd crack our D core.

Buffalo wouldn't accept that package because the player Myers has shown he can be is so rare that only an idiot gives up on them. I hesitate making that deal because I have my doubts he has the consistency to be that guy all the time (plus Montreal is paying a hefty price).

glenbuis 02-18-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 59999527)
The thing is, it's more like a 149 game slump rather than a 10 game slump. Not interested in getting him for that package, and yes, he would hardly crack our D-corp the way he is playing right now. In fact, he would hardly crack any D-corp in the league.

Buffalo has no point trading when his value is at an all-time low, so this kind of trade offer won't go anywhere.

The kid had 10 goals and 27 assists in 2010-11 as a 20 year old logging 22.3 minutes a game. That's hardly a slump. He's 6/8, 225 pounds going through growing pains. He'd be a steal for a package like that.

glenbuis 02-18-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 59999821)
Easy.

Montreal's D-core:

Markov - 7th in league scoring for D-men, playing like Markov of old.
Diaz - 5th in league scoring for D-men
Subban - 6 points in 9 games and plays a complete game.
Gorges - top 10 in blocked shots, great shutdown D.
Emelin - 5th in hits, provides much needed physical element.
Boullion - providing vet presence, plus Therrien loves him

plus the way Myers has played this season is why I doubt he'd crack our D core.

Buffalo wouldn't accept that package because the player Myers has shown he can be is so rare that only an idiot gives up on them. I hesitate making that deal because I have my doubts he has the consistency to be that guy all the time (plus Montreal is paying a hefty price).

Out of the six defenceman you listed, how many of them would you not trade straight up for Myers?

MuzzaFuzza 02-18-2013 10:38 PM

LOL at Habs fans thinking Myers wouldn't crack their lineup.

thefifagod 02-18-2013 10:42 PM

Yeah, this thread isn't going to go anywhere productive. The Sabres aren't selling him this low, especially to a division rival.

Pierre Dagenais 02-18-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 59999061)

If you build your team around Tyler Myers.. iv got sum bad newz.

Trembs 02-18-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne (Post 60001505)

Ya know

Chacal667 02-18-2013 11:32 PM

i don't think MB will be interested in a young dman who just signed a lucrative contract right after the negociation he had with Subban

JustAHabFan 02-18-2013 11:34 PM

The Habs already has Subban and Diaz on cheap contracts, do not need an overpaid and underperforming Myers. Sabres can keep Myers.

I am Canadian 02-18-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne (Post 60001505)

I hate when people say this ****.

tsujimoto74 02-19-2013 12:19 AM

Nope.

Captain Subban 02-19-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Canadian (Post 60004863)
I hate when people say this ****.

Same here. I don't want Myers on the Canadiens (don't believe he's a good fit) but that doesn't mean he wouldn't contribute.

schpaff 02-19-2013 12:47 AM

Myers hates the Canadiens. He knows he could never skate with that team. Ever!

RawNastyHands 02-19-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trembz420 (Post 59997745)

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

OR

Buffalo - Tyler Myers

nahhh i wouldnt do that. i rather keep our prospects. anyways Beaulieu and Tinordi will be more effective for montreal. they have alot of grit and aggressiveness and
thats what we lack. Myers is a great offensive defensemen. but hes not that type of physical aggressive player that we need.

RawNastyHands 02-19-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAHabFan (Post 60004361)
The Habs already has Subban and Diaz on cheap contracts, do not need an overpaid and underperforming Myers. Sabres can keep Myers.

i agree 100% loll i don't want myers in mtl either

wunderpanda 02-19-2013 06:13 AM

Myers for MaxPac, Eller and your next 2 first rounders

SnapVirus 02-19-2013 06:17 AM

Mike Myers or no trade.