HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT: XV | "Grudge Match" | Oilers vs. Kings | 2.19.13 | 8:00PM | TSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1354251)

Soli 02-19-2013 01:03 AM

XV | "Grudge Match" | Oilers vs. Kings | 2.19.13 | 8:00PM | TSN

http://cdn.nhl.com/oilers/images/logos/extralarge.pnghttp://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/logos/extralarge.png
(6-5-3) --vs-- (5-6-2)

LAST ENCOUNTER

GAME DAY INFORMATIONGame Day: Tuesday February 19th 2013
Game Time: 8:00PM MT
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: TSN
Streamed:

OILERS LINEUP

http://cdn.nhl.com/oilers/images/logos/extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Teemu Hartikainen - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth - Eric Belanger - Nail Yakupov
Ben Eager - Chris VandeVelde - Magnus Paajarvi

Nick Schultz - Justin Schultz
Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Ryan Whitney - Mark Fistric

Nikolai Khabibulin
Devan Dubnyk

KINGS LINEUP

http://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/logos/extralarge.png

Kyle Clifford - Anze Kopitar - Dustin Brown
Dwight King - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Dustin Penner - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams
Simon Gagne - Colin Fraser - Trevor Lewis

Keaton Ellerby - Drew Doughty
Rob Scuderi - Slava Voynov
Davis Drewiske - Jake Muzzin

Jonathan Quick
Jonathan Bernier

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE

- Harski in, Petrell woozy, Dubnyk likely.

- That King's defensive core looks exploitable. That King's forward core looks ornery.

- Howabout another win?

488fitter 02-19-2013 01:05 AM

Go figure...I was just about to post one too.

TennisBalls 02-19-2013 01:18 AM

Last game was my fav. Oil game in a long, long time. Hoping for another great hockey game!

SeriousBusiness 02-19-2013 01:21 AM

Really happy that 91 gets a chance on the second line. I hope he takes the opportunity and runs with it.

Namtsua 02-19-2013 01:25 AM

I have some really good vibes about this game! We just came off a huge comeback win where we outshot the other team 18000:1 and Dubnyk is looking for redemption. If we can come on strong and shoot lots, I believe we'll be able to triumph over the Kings!

My prediction: 3-2 Oilers (Eberle, Yakupov, Hemsky)

The Perfect Human* 02-19-2013 01:30 AM

Oh my god that D is abusable.

Ellerby on the top pair?
Who the hell is Muzzin?
Drewiske-Muzzin? :facepalm:

The Kings have 2 things going for them though: elite checking forwards (Kopitar/Richards/Stoll) and Jonathan Quick.

Should be interesting. 3-2 Oilers isn't a bad prediction.

The Nuge 02-19-2013 01:43 AM

Should be a game we can win. It'd be nice to get some momentum going

Oiltankjob Fail 02-19-2013 01:43 AM

I predict 1-0 OIL again:naughty:

Bryanbryoil 02-19-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness (Post 60007497)
Really happy that 91 gets a chance on the second line. I hope he takes the opportunity and runs with it.

I'm a Paajarvi fan but where is he going to run with it? Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, and Nail are all better offensively than Magnus. At best he pans out and makes Hemsky a little easier to move, IMO if he stays with us most of his career will be as a bottom 6 forward.

AlowlyOilersfan 02-19-2013 02:00 AM

2 former Oilers on one line?

We know which line is gonna score. I'm sure DP can outskate Whitney.

Bryanbryoil 02-19-2013 02:13 AM

I was listening to parts of LA's last game and it sounded like they had Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll down the middle, if so our centers will have their work cut out for them.

AlowlyOilersfan 02-19-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 60008295)
I was listening to parts of LA's last game and it sounded like they had Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll down the middle, if so our centers will have their work cut out for them.

If there is a player on LA who could step up and win this game by himself, it's Kopitar.

Bryanbryoil 02-19-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan (Post 60008381)
If there is a player on LA who could step up and win this game by himself, it's Kopitar.

Don't forget Doughty or Quick. Even though Quick has had a rough season he looked great against us IMO.

Shanahanigans 02-19-2013 02:34 AM

Question: I don't know if I'm missing some sort of inside joke on this boards but what's up with all the random posts about the New Age Hockey System stuff?

Senor Catface 02-19-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanahanigans (Post 60008591)
Question: I don't know if I'm missing some sort of inside joke on this boards but what's up with all the random posts about the New Age Hockey System stuff?

It's probably best to just search up "NewAge" or "New Age" on the board, and you'll get a good idea. Look for the super long posts.

Nail and Nuge 02-19-2013 05:06 AM

Yakupov....3rd line with Belanger.

That just about sums up what I think of the roster setup.

Belanger is a vacuum for everything that is offence. Yakupov is pure offence.

Worst..combination...ever.

oilersfan11 02-19-2013 06:46 AM

5-1 Oilers.

Dorian2 02-19-2013 07:01 AM

I hope the New Age Hockey System works for us tonight. :naughty:

Go Oilers!

Kodiak64 02-19-2013 07:23 AM

My 10 year old 60" projection HDTV finally kicked the bucket yesterday :( , on the brightside I can now justify the purchase of a kickin' new flatscreen to my better half :yo: .

In the meantime it looks like I'll be needing to stream tonights game or listen to it on CHED like a caveman.

Looks like http://atdhe.eu/hockey is offering two streams, and www.firstrow1.eu has one as well. (although firstrow implied I need some sort of app to watch it...)

Anyway I've done the leg work, if you're looking for a stream just read the first page :)

I hope the oil continue to play like they have in the previous two, but I've grown to expect dissapointment and I suspect the kings will be hungry.

My heart says 3-1 oil, my head says 4-2 kings.

calvinguy 02-19-2013 07:26 AM

expecting our faceoff percentage to be 30-40% :(

dustrock 02-19-2013 07:59 AM

2-0 Kings. The type of team we always have trouble with, who just got abused by the Hawks.

Oilers feeling good about themselves after last game, will dial back the intensity and will lose.

488fitter 02-19-2013 08:08 AM

I'm expecting a win here. 4-2 with an empty netter. Hoping we throw a barrage of shots at Quick and get some good bounces. This game will probably hinge on Dubey's performance.

Gotta find ways to start stringing some wins together.

GO OIL!!!

Philly85 02-19-2013 08:23 AM

Kings are going to be playing hard after losing to Chicago the way they did. I say this goes to a shoot out.

sync 02-19-2013 08:34 AM

if the oilers want to keep pace with the playoff bubble teams this game is a must win.

longtimeoilfan 02-19-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nail and Nuge (Post 60009755)
Yakupov....3rd line with Belanger.

That just about sums up what I think of the roster setup.

Belanger is a vacuum for everything that is offence. Yakupov is pure offence.

Worst..combination...ever.

Belanger is the only player on the active roster with a respectable face off win percentage. He has a role to play, and it usually starts in the defensive zone. Players play their position, and on a well functioning team - or unit - they understand this role. Fickle fans on these boards yell for role players and then are critical if/when they get them. Belanger is very good at what he does, and on the Oilers Belanger's skill set is golden (that is, with top two centers like Gagner and Nugent-Hopkins - the latter of the two, I have to admit, is improving, as he should).

That being said, I don't really agree with Yakupov on the third line either, I would rather see a defensively sound player like Paajarvi on the third line doing what a third liner should be doing (I am a traditionalist, I still believe each line has a well defined role to play if the team is going to be successful). I also hate all this line juggling... I am no hockey coach, but I question how chemistry can be expected to form when 3/4 of the forwards are asked to play with a different line dynamic/combination, seemingly, each and every game. I will trust in Krueger on this however. He is the coach and I am just some person posting on HF boards, which I assure you he isn't reading looking for line suggestions.

Calvinguy predicts 'our' face off win percentage is going to be somewhere around 30%-40%, and I agree (if 'we' are lucky) and suggest that most of the struggles we are going to see on the dot will come in the King's zone. Belanger will do what he does, and even against a formidable row of centers he will finish the game with a respectable win %. 'Our' first and especially second line however will probably lose a lot more than they win, giving the King's possession of the puck in their own end and necessitating the Oil regaining entry into the King's zone. It will be a challenge, and hopefully one the Oil is up for. It has been a struggle in past games. Kudos to them if they can overcome a very real hurdle and win... it could be every bit the character/experience building sort of game that the come back of the last game was. And 'we' need a winning streak and the points that come with it. I want the Oil to be buyers (even minor buyers) at the deadline, meaning that I am wanting playoff hockey... even though 'we' are rebuilding. And for what it is worth, if the Oil are in the playoff hunt 'you' will not see Belanger traded - unless he has requested a trade.

Go Oil! I want to say 5-2 Oil, with an empty netter. And a certain player will get an assist on that empty netter, and people will be arguing for his value, saying: "Look he 'scored' in another game, how can you say he isn't a capable 2nd line center?" Okay, admittedly, now I am just being an @$$ (and a little facetious).

I want to say 5-2 Oil, what I am expecting is a low scoring affair that could go either way. The Oil's saving grace may be that Krueger should be getting the line matchups he wants.

Go Oil!