HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Your 3rd line LW to Boston (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1354323)

Dellstrom 02-19-2013 07:12 AM

Your 3rd line LW to Boston

Chris Bourque has played OK for the past couple of games, but nothing past that this whole season. I'm not comfortable with him at all in the long haul. We're looking for a Ryder-esque 3rd liner. Can score ~15 goals, veteran or young doesn't really matter, but veterans who appear to be washed up seem to do good on this team. Being alright physically and/or defensively is definitely a plus, too. Pouliot was a lot worse than Ryder, and Bourque makes us think that letting Pouliot walk was a mistake... Kelly and Peverley are terrific linemates for the 3rd line, and can score like the 2nd. Remember, Rolston was one of our best players post trade deadline and playoff time. We got him for literally scraps. I'l be willing to take a low risk, potentially medium reward and Chiarelli is all about them.

We're not really willing to give any of our big roster players, as we're looking for a 3rd line LW... We'd definitely trade any of our draft picks in accordance to value, and you can take a look at any of our prospects. I'd stay away from Spooner/Khoklachev unless it's a really good trade, we don't really want to part with them for something like this.

Falco Lombardi 02-19-2013 08:05 AM

Matt D'Agostini seems like he would fit the bill for you. Blues are built similar to the Bruins so I would imagine he would be a similar fit for you. Not the greatest defensively but not a complete liability either.

Maybe a depth defenseman on the left side who is defensively responsible?

BlueBaron 02-19-2013 08:07 AM

Leafs could give you CMac for a 2nd.

Shrimper 02-19-2013 08:08 AM

Matt Cooke?

Yeah, don't think that'll work.

Vatican Roulette 02-19-2013 08:16 AM

Sounds like Brendan Morrow. Maybe something like Sauve, 5th?

William Faulkner 02-19-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 60011837)
Leafs could give you CMac for a 2nd.

I don't the Bruins are going to get a much better offer than that, TBH. Put up 20 goals each of the last two seasons.

Psycho Papa Joe 02-19-2013 08:59 AM

I know Boston and Montreal almost never trade, but if the Habs somehow fall off their current cloud nine and are sellers at the deadline, I think Travis Moen would be perfect for the Bruins. I guess price would be determined by how good he looks between now and the deadline.

smack66 02-19-2013 09:08 AM

i'd really like to see Paille get an extended shot on the third line with Pevs and Kelly. if it works we can easily fill a fourth line.

neelynugs 02-19-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancelotLink (Post 60012105)
I don't the Bruins are going to get a much better offer than that, TBH. Put up 20 goals each of the last two seasons.

benning is apparently a fan of macarthur dating back to buffalo days. they discussed signing him after atlanta let him walk.

nmbr_24 02-19-2013 09:29 AM

I don't think the Bruins will be looking for a player with a 3rd line ceiling. The have enough cap space to add any player they can acquire, I get the feeling they will be looking for more than a 3rd liner. I also don't think it has to be a LW since Peverley can play any forward position, if need be he could move to the left side while the new acquisition plays on the right side

SuperAlmeida 02-19-2013 10:38 AM

Dwight King - Size?
Brad Richarsdson - Speed?
Dustin Penner - Size?
Simon Gagne - Speed?

Return - Prospect(-s)/Draftpick(-s)/Veteran defenseman

TMLFC 02-19-2013 10:41 AM

Get B.Morrow......so i can look smart in my friends circle.

Antaris 02-19-2013 10:43 AM

Tyler Kennedy + 4th for Lucic

Bennett Brauer 02-19-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 60011869)
Matt Cooke?

Yeah, don't think that'll work.

He's our 2nd line LW...

Double-Shift Lasse 02-19-2013 10:48 AM

Something with Umberger and Spooner?

wubwubwubwub 02-19-2013 10:50 AM

Greening for Spooner/Knight.

Close19 02-19-2013 10:59 AM

B's should have picked up Dana Tyrell when he was on waivers for TBL. Him and Paille could have battled for that spot

ThatGuy22 02-19-2013 11:02 AM

Clutterbuck could likely be had. Reasonable 1.4 million right, now. Will likely get a bump in the offseason as an RFA. Scores 15-20 goals with the Wild. Seems to fit the bruins mold of what they want their players

Sooo, just spitballing

Clutterbuck - Bruins 1st
Clutterbuck -Bruins 2nd +Chudinov/Krug

Jeff L 02-19-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe (Post 60013159)
I know Boston and Montreal almost never trade, but if the Habs somehow fall off their current cloud nine and are sellers at the deadline, I think Travis Moen would be perfect for the Bruins. I guess price would be determined by how good he looks between now and the deadline.

I wouldn't mind Moen, but if we were to pick him up, I'd bump Paille up to the third line permanently and let Moen take his place on the fourth. Not a knock on Moen, I just think Paille has looked really good on the third line lately.

Clarke MacArthur for a second? Sign me the hell up.

BinCookin 02-19-2013 11:06 AM

:wings

Daniel Cleary (LW)

for

:bruins

Maxim Chudinov (D prospect) OR 3rd round pick 2013

Jeff L 02-19-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 (Post 60018017)
Clutterbuck could likely be had. Reasonable 1.4 million right, now. Will likely get a bump in the offseason as an RFA. Scores 15-20 goals with the Wild. Seems to fit the bruins mold of what they want their players

Sooo, just spitballing

Clutterbuck - Bruins 1st

Value is there, would love to have Clutterbuck. I'd do a 2nd and Chudinov/Knight. Don't really wanna give up a first in this draft and Krug is probably going to make the team next season when we let go of Ference.

55 02-19-2013 11:10 AM

Guys that come to mind:

Simon Gagne
Dustin Penner
Brenden Morrow
Clarke MacArthur
Matt D'Agostini

I'd say D'Agostini is a good candidate for the job. I hope the Bruins don't get Morrow. I want him in Philadelphia.

JoeIsAStud 02-19-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 60017351)
Something with Umberger and Spooner?

No thanks, no way the Bruins can take that contract on. That would be an absolute killer

McArthur for a 2nd is a deal I would make in a cocaine heartbeat. Perfect for the Bruins. No long term contract obligation. quality player, reasonable price

GoBs 02-19-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 (Post 60018017)

Sooo, just spitballing

Clutterbuck - Bruins 1st

Sold. 2nd deal looks perfect.

GoBs 02-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy (Post 60018303)
Value is there, would love to have Clutterbuck. I'd do a 2nd and Chudinov/Knight. Don't really wanna give up a first in this draft and Krug is probably going to make the team next season when we let go of Ference.

Warsofsky is equal to if not a little better than Krug.