HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mixed Martial Arts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   GDT: UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1354719)

End of Line 02-19-2013 06:31 PM

UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche

http://i.imgur.com/U1SSgIY.jpg

Date: February 23, 2013
Venue: Honda Center
City: Anaheim, California
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche
Light Heavyweight Bout: Lyoto Machida vs Dan Henderson
Bantamweight Bout: Urijah Faber vs Ivan Menjivar
Welterweight Bout: Court McGee vs Josh Neer
Welterweight Bout: Josh Koscheck vs Robbie Lawler

Preliminary Card:
Heavyweight Bout: Brendan Schaub vs Lavar "The Rock" Johnson
Lightweight Bout: Michael Chiesa vs Anton Kuivanen
Featherweight Bout: Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice
Lightweight Bout: Sam Stout vs Caros Fodor
Welterweight Bout: Kenny Robertson vs Brock Jardine
Welterweight Bout: Jon Marley vs Neil Magny
Welterweight Bout: Nah-Shon Burrell vs Yuri Villefort

ck26 02-20-2013 07:37 AM

Really interested to see Koscheck / Lawlor. If Koscheck uses his wrestling and fitches him the way he did Paul Daley, it'll be an easy 30-27. If Koscheck's ego gets in the way, he's going to get knocked the **** out.

RJ8812 02-20-2013 09:10 AM

Is it wrong that I still don't give a flying rat's ass about the main event? The rest of the card is great though!

MurrayBannerman 02-20-2013 11:04 AM

http://www.tapology.com/ue/295783.png

I love Hendo and want to pick him, but I don't see how he wins this.

yada 02-20-2013 11:16 AM

i wanna say im not interested in the main event but i have a ton of respect for rousey. she is a mean ***** :thumbu:

m9 02-20-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 60088389)
Is it wrong that I still don't give a flying rat's ass about the main event? The rest of the card is great though!

Nope, I feel the same way.

I am the Liquor 02-20-2013 01:44 PM

I enjoy watching a highly skilled grappler. Doesnt matter to me if it is a man or a woman. Watching women in tights rolling around on the ground is actually preferable.

Gene Parmesan 02-20-2013 01:50 PM

I'd laugh so hard if Rhonda ***** the bed ala Overeem. The rest of the card looks good.

Martini* 02-20-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 60088389)

Basicly....yes. Rousey is by far the most dominating fighter right now in MMA. Chances are she finishes this fight, and Carmouche isnt a slouch, in less then a minute.

Some male MMA fighters should DVR her match and learn a few things about finishing the job ASAP. It sure beats watching GSP grease hump a guy for 25 minutes without a definitive decision.

Evil Speaker 02-20-2013 07:39 PM

I'm actually very excited to watch Rousey fight again

Chris Cutter 02-20-2013 07:41 PM

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche by submission in the 2nd round.

Preliminary Card:

Gene Parmesan 02-20-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 60121615)
Basicly....yes. Rousey is by far the most dominating fighter right now in MMA. Chances are she finishes this fight, and Carmouche isnt a slouch, in less then a minute.

Some male MMA fighters should DVR her match and learn a few things about finishing the job ASAP. It sure beats watching GSP grease hump a guy for 25 minutes without a definitive decision.

GSP faces far greater competition than Rhonda.

Martini* 02-20-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan (Post 60122761)
GSP faces far greater competition than Rhonda.

Have you seen GSP's resume as of late?

Rousey has fought the two best in her division in her last two matches outside of Cris Cryboyg. SLP has fought whats there. Two completely different barometers in competition.

Now, if he would be a man and not so much a coward and accept Silva dropping to his WC which he stated he would do, then you might have something.

BGDDYKWL 02-20-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 60127997)

Rousey has fought the two best in her division in her last two matches outside of Cris Cryboyg. SLP has fought whats there. Two completely different barometers in competition.

Now, if he would be a man and not so much a coward and accept Silva dropping to his WC which he stated he would do, then you might have something.

If you think the talent pool at women's 135 is greater than the talent pool at men's 170 then I don't know what to tell you. And if Anderson comes to 170 GSP will fight him.

yada 02-20-2013 09:48 PM

gsp would beat silva i think. his strongest point is silvas weakness and i think errybody knows what the dominant skill to win decisions is. also womans division tougher then mens ww :dunno: :crazy:

RJ8812 02-20-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

that's hilarious

yakitate304 02-21-2013 12:25 AM

I'm very interested in the main event, and the women's division in general... But to put Rousey's MMA resumé against GSP's? Wow.

Speaking of the women's division, I'm disappointed that Marloes Coenen went to Invicta. No surprise though, since she was one of the Golden Glory camp members who had her Zuffa contract terminated after that Overeem dilemma in Strikeforce. She is talented in a technical way (something the women's division lacks in a major way other than Rousey's judo) and on top of that, she's attractive, well spoken, and experienced enough to know she's not a flash in the pan. Not to mention that she has wins over Carmouch and Kaufman, and a sub loss to Miesha Tate which could have made for a marketable rematch.

She'll probably end up fighting Cyborg again at 145, but after that I don't think anyone in Invicta's talent pool is a good fight for her. If she wins, she's crushing nobodies in a small organization; if she loses, she pretty much has nowhere to take her career. Invicta seems like the minor leagues for women, even though they have a deeper roster.

LeafOfBread 02-21-2013 01:10 AM

To be honest, I hope Rousey loses. I know she probably won't, but I hope she does. She annoys the **** out of me, she's basically a female version of Nick Diaz and it's a tiring act.

Gene Parmesan 02-21-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Yeah Carlos Condit...man what a can. :laugh: GSP has a far greater resume than Rhonda Rousey. I don't think its even disputable.

Avs_19 02-21-2013 02:49 AM

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche - 1st round submission

Preliminary Card:

Would like to see Hendo win but he has been off for 15 months and I think Machida will be way too quick for him.

kurt 02-21-2013 03:27 AM

Why is Court McGee's fight on the main card, instead of the Schaub/Johnson fight? To get the prelims more ratings?

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche - 1st round submission

... Just main events right? If not:

Preliminary Card:

darko 02-21-2013 07:25 AM

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche - unanimous decision

Preliminary Card:

jw2 02-21-2013 09:47 AM

Main Card (PPV):
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche - TKO! 2ND

Preliminary Card:

RJ8812 02-21-2013 10:37 AM

Main Card:
Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs Liz Carmouche by 2nd round submission

I just don't think the women's division is deep enough to have one. Dana was basically forced to sign Rousey now since Strikeforce is done and he didn't want her signing with another promotion.

DaaaaB's 02-21-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

:facepalm: Just utterley ridiculous comments.