HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Florida and Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1355281)

Randy BoBandy 02-20-2013 02:39 AM

Florida and Minnesota

:wild

Sephen Weiss

:panthers

Pierre Marc-Bouchard
1st in 2013

Both are in the last year of their deals. Panthers get 1st in compensation for gap in value. Wild get much needed center depth.

Sharppi 02-20-2013 02:48 AM

Initial reaction was that I have no words.

Wild is very set in center depth. Koivu, Granlund, Cullen, Brodziak, Konopka (Larsson).

No thank you.

Randy BoBandy 02-20-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharppi (Post 60085353)
Initial reaction was that I have no words.

Wild is very set in center depth. Koivu, Granlund, Cullen, Brodziak, Konopka (Larsson).

No thank you.

High end center depth? Sorry but Granlund isn't ready for full-time 2nd line center. I see him as a winger long term any way.

Weiss is miles above Cullen and Brodziak. If the Wild ever want to become contenders they need a second line thats worth a damn. The mainstays on that line this year have been Seto and Cullen, both of which would be on a quality teams third line. The Wild are not set at center.

thestonedkoala 02-20-2013 03:15 AM

No thanks. Weiss (who is a UFA) is not worth a possible lottery draft pick. Given how uneven Minnesota has been, I rather keep Bouchard and the 1st, because that 1st could end up being the 1st overall pick. Too much of a risk on a guy that could leave at the end of the year. We don't need rentals.

Marlowe Syn 02-20-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy (Post 60085425)
High end center depth? Sorry but Granlund isn't ready for full-time 2nd line center. I see him as a winger long term any way.

Weiss is miles above Cullen and Brodziak. If the Wild ever want to become contenders they need a second line thats worth a damn. The mainstays on that line this year have been Seto and Cullen, both of which would be on a quality teams third line. The Wild are not set at center.

Granlund may not be quite ready yet, but he is getting better. Especially in the faceoff circle. He'll have to get stronger, but he is definitely a center. So you don't have to worry about our center situation, cuz we are set Hamburger Kid. We are not in win-now mode. So we can afford time to let our up and comers grow into their NHL roles. Do what you will with Weiss, we'll happily keep our 1st. Although I do like the way you phrased the trade proposal like you are doing us a favor.

Randy BoBandy 02-20-2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn (Post 60085991)
Granlund may not be quite ready yet, but he is getting better. Especially in the faceoff circle. He'll have to get stronger, but he is definitely a center. So you don't have to worry about our center situation, cuz we are set Hamburger Kid. We are not in win-now mode. So we can afford time to let our up and comers grow into their NHL roles. Do what you will with Weiss, we'll happily keep our 1st. Although I do like the way you phrased the trade proposal like you are doing us a favor.

When are you going to be in win now mode? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Gilbert, Heatley and Backstrom are all 30 yrs old give or take a year with the exception of Backstrom. That is your core. So what are you going to wait another couple years. If you are aren't in win now mode with the two signing just made over the summer what the **** is going on.

thestonedkoala 02-20-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy (Post 60086091)
When are you going to be in win now mode? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Gilbert, Heatley and Backstrom are all 30 yrs old give or take a year with the exception of Backstrom. That is your core. So what are you going to wait another couple years. If you are aren't in win now mode with the two signing just made over the summer what the **** is going on.

Backstrom and Heatley were stop gaps at best. Gilbert can play for a few more years. Parise and Suter are both respectively 28, so a few years off.

We are both in a win now mode but also a continually building mode. We got Granlund, Brodin ready to step in now. Zucker, Coyle, Larsson waiting. Bulmer, Phillips, Lucia, Haula also behind them. We just got to be a bit patient with the rookies but they should help.

The thing is with Minnesota is they aren't going to give up a high draft pick for a rental in a season of uncertainty. Fletcher does not like to give up high draft picks and tends to horde them. In fact, he usually jettisons his lower picks to move up in the draft. But yeah. Minnesota has no interest in Weiss for Bouchard and a 1st. Maybe Bouchard and a 3rd in 2014 or Bouchard and New Jersey's 3rd.

Marlowe Syn 02-20-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy (Post 60086091)

That is our core today. Where this organization shines and a big reason we got ZP and RS to sign here is our prospects. Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Brodin, Dumba, Hackett with our big three(#9,11,20) is our core that is going to make this franchise. Plus look at the roster players we have that are in their mid-20's already: Marco Scandella(22), Jared Spurgeon(23), Cal Clutterbuck(25) Devin Setoguchi(26). Although I do not think Gooch is going to be around long enough to reap the benefits of our youth movement. The Wild have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Considering Fletch inherited a prospect pool with no water in it in '09 to what we have now is a testament to what he has done for this organization. With the plan Fletch has in place Weiss would be a rental. Do not mistake my patience for passivity. I do have specific expectation for this team this season.

dwanmaster* 02-20-2013 06:51 AM

To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick

Spawnisen 02-20-2013 06:53 AM

Take away the 1st round, add a 2nd and 4th or something like that and I'm good to go on it. Otherwise no. We're in no rush

Spawnisen 02-20-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanmaster (Post 60087191)
to minn:
Jonathan huberdeau
2013 first round pick

to fla:
Justin falk
2013 4th round pick

ok! :)

FrolikFan67 02-20-2013 07:44 AM

from the panthers side, id do it for sure. and im talking about the orginal proposal, not the huberdeau one :laugh:

PanthersHockey1 02-20-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick

I laughed.

Minnesota 02-20-2013 09:30 AM

Not really sure why we're trading our 1st rounder away... We're not in win-now mode quite yet.

Dr Jan Itor 02-20-2013 10:10 AM

The difference between PMB and Weiss, right now, is not a 1st round pick. That's where this proposal runs into trouble.

ctmagic 02-20-2013 10:12 AM

I'd do PMB/2nd for Weiss

IceManCat 02-20-2013 10:18 AM

Weiss is redundant in Minnesota, we don't need any more injury prone players we wouldn't trade our "best" center

Billy Mays Here 02-20-2013 10:18 AM

PMB and a 3rd would be as high a draft pick that I'd be willing to offer. Now maybe we could throw in a decent prospect instead like Phillips or Haula. Haula never has a shot at making this team with all the other higher end prospects in front of him.

Dr Jan Itor 02-20-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 60092883)
PMB and a 3rd would be as high a draft pick that I'd be willing to offer. Now maybe we could throw in a decent prospect instead like Phillips or Haula. Haula never has a shot at making this team with all the other higher end prospects in front of him.

Absolutely disagree with this. I'd be pissed if he was tossed into a trade for non-impact player.

Zoombie 02-20-2013 11:07 AM

This would be a crazy deal for the Wild to do. Essentially giving FLA a 1st for what, 2-3 months of Weiss?

tomgilbertfan 02-20-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick

I'm hoping you just have MIN's Justin Falk confused with the CAR Justin Faulk.

AKL 02-20-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan (Post 60096931)
I'm hoping you just have MIN's Justin Falk confused with the CAR Justin Faulk.

Why would you hope that? Just smile and say thank you.

PariseSuterKoivu 02-20-2013 11:42 AM

Replace Weiss with Bjugstad and you have a deal

Mogo 02-20-2013 12:48 PM

No thanks on PMB Mr Concussion