HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm - Phx (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1355581)

MisterD 02-20-2013 01:05 PM

Edm - Phx

To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres

jumptheshark 02-20-2013 01:12 PM

As an oiler fan, I see Eberle being the spark plug who after he finds his shot, could rack up 50 goals in a season. On D, Schultz in the line up this year and Klefbom projected to me a top pairing D-man shortly, you could see the oilers within a few years have a problem with too much money on the back end

From the phoemix point of view you are asking for two key cogs to their system in Haz and OEL and the dogs would want a D-man back in rerturn

Potter is a scrub and an nhl d-man

Spitsfan67* 02-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle (Post 60101959)
To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres

:facepalm:

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough:help:...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first:sarcasm::sarcasm:.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan 02-20-2013 01:20 PM

definitely dont see edmonton being robbed on this one...

but the trade seems way way way too risky/complicated

how many trades actually involve 2 key pieces from both sides?

focus on 1 key piece from 1 side... then try to balance it out.

personally... id take the stud dman over the undersized winger 9 times out of 10 for value. If Eberle had a couple 35 plus goal seasons under his belt maybe Id change my opinion, but right now he is just a guy that has had a great shooting percentage for a couple years.

Ekman-Larsson screams 25 min plus per night 2-way stud dman all over himself... cant imagine why Pheonix would want to deal him. But if they do, Edmonton should definitely make an offer and Id be willing to deal Eberle plus to get that deal done

wahoyaho 02-20-2013 01:29 PM

Edm needs to add

Mc5RingsAndABeer 02-20-2013 01:35 PM

I think it's pretty fair.

IMO:
OEL is comparable or slightly more valuable than Eberle
Gagner is comparable or slightly more valuable than Hanzal
Torres is worth more than Potter, but they both have barely any value at all

(Hanzal is overrated on here due to height and defensive play. He's actually light as **** for his height and his offense is a lot worse than Gagner's)

jumptheshark 02-20-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 (Post 60102543)

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough:help:...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first:sarcasm::sarcasm:.

as an oiler fan I see the logic

Number 1 d-man for a number 1 fw (eberle sometimes gets lost behind Hall, nuge and Yak in the roll call)

However, by adding OEL the oilers will add a problem when Klefbom comes over next year-- He could be as good as OEL (IMO and I have seen Klefbom play a lot) in a few years. While you can never have too much D--you can have too much money on the back line. OEL is coming off his entry contract this off season and he will be looking for 5-6mill a year, Schultz in Edmonton in two years could be looking for the same money and in three to four years Klefbom (if I am right could also be adding up the money)

I love Eberle, but I know at some point in time one of our kids could get moved to add something we miss--oilers need toughness and does the Phoenix team have the 22 year old gritty forward in their line up that could be views as being a young Scott Hartnell or Zak Kassian?

By taking on OEL--I think the oilers need to send Klafbom back the other way--but adding him to Eberle and having Gagner in the mix is damgerous.

not many teams have what it take for a Klefbom. Eberle and Gagner deal

OT OEL 02-20-2013 01:35 PM

Sorry, D before offense in phoenix. OEL will be our franchise player soon and personally I'm not interested in giving him up. Plus this trade doesn't fit into tippets system very well.

No from this PHX fan

cobra427 02-20-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle (Post 60101959)
To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres

OEl, Hanzal and Smith are the least likely to be moved, close to untouchable in Phoenix.

Vip 02-20-2013 02:10 PM

So we are giving up our #1 D. And our #1 shut down center-man that currently leads us in goals.

Dunno. I feel like we are getting screwed over in this trade. Doesn't make us a better team. It makes EDM a better team, though.

untouchable21 02-20-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 60103729)
I think it's pretty fair.

IMO:
OEL is comparable or slightly more valuable than Eberle
Gagner is comparable or slightly more valuable than Hanzal
Torres is worth more than Potter, but they both have barely any value at all

(Hanzal is overrated on here due to height and defensive play. He's actually light as **** for his height and his offense is a lot worse than Gagner's)

Gagner is nowhere near as valuable to the Coyotes as Hanzal is. Phoenix does not consider this at all. Edmonton should just develop their own defensemen. Coyotes are not handing over OEL even if Eberle is coming back.

MuzzaFuzza 02-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable21 (Post 60106667)
Gagner is nowhere near as valuable to the Coyotes as Hanzal is. Phoenix does not consider this at all. Edmonton should just develop their own defensemen. Coyotes are not handing over OEL even if Eberle is coming back.

Aahhh yes, because, Handing over=Getting Eberle in return, right?

XX 02-20-2013 05:43 PM

Embarrassing proposal. A big no thank you from the Coyotes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 60103729)

(He's actually light as **** for his height

wat?

Juxtaposer 02-20-2013 06:17 PM

How many 'OEL to Edmotnon' proposals do their have to be before their fans finally get that OEL is moving nowhere, especially for wingers or Gagner, let alone adding Hanzal to the mix. :facepalm:

belair 02-20-2013 06:31 PM

I value OEL and Hanzal highly. Would love both of them in Oiler silks.

But the Oilers get taken to the woodshed in this one.

I wouldn't mind Torres for a second round though. Can't be any worse than Eager.

rt 02-20-2013 06:40 PM

Honestly, the value isn't too far off. There's no way I'd accept as a PHX fan, but this isn't worthy of flaming. It's not a poor proposal. The Coyotes need more goals for, and the Oilers need fewer goals against. It makes a reasonable amount of sense and the value is reasonably close. People should be less sensitive around here.

I expect each fanbase will prefer their own players. I certainly do. That said, it's really not poorly thought out and it's not poor value.

Thanks but no thank, OP. But I will say "Good Job!" :clap:

SoupNazi 02-20-2013 06:49 PM

I don't see a reason for either team to do this.

DesertDawg 02-20-2013 07:00 PM

Rather keep our light weight overgrown center and over rated d'man than trading for your elite forwards...

Neatman 02-20-2013 07:47 PM

I cant blame Phoenix fans for turning this down, but I CAN blame them for acting insulted/acting like it isnt closer.

They're acting like Gagner is just a throw in. Looks like he has finally found his game, and would be their leading scorer by a fair margin. That's a throw in?

Goodluck defending your opponents to their defeat. Weird how Edmonton always gets flack for having subpar defence, but other teams are praised for building up excellent defence while having no offence...

Edit: After reading rt's post, maybe I should note that this was directed towards the replies before his.

DesertDawg 02-20-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neatman (Post 60128673)
They're acting like Gagner is just a throw in. Looks like he has finally found his game, and would be their leading scorer by a fair margin. That's a throw in?

..and you believe that the #'s he has would translate to the Coyotes to make such a bold statement as that? Really impress by his 40% face offs wins! BTW Hanzal has 7 goals, which he is tied with Hemsky.

Benjamin 02-20-2013 08:06 PM

This trade makes the Yotes worse.

Kershaw 02-20-2013 08:12 PM

Wow, Phoenix gets absolutely fleeced.

cobra427 02-20-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neatman (Post 60128673)
I cant blame Phoenix fans for turning this down, but I CAN blame them for acting insulted/acting like it isnt closer.

Goodluck defending your opponents to their defeat. Weird how Edmonton always gets flack for having subpar defence, but other teams are praised for building up excellent defense while having no offence...

Edit: After reading rt's post, maybe I should note that this was directed towards the replies before his.

DM is not trading our best defensive forward and most valuable forward along with our best defensive D man and most valuable player, he thinks will win the Norris trophy, for all offense and less defense, Edmonton players. Why would the coyotes, that made the WCF, trade their two best players for that? DM is usually the fleecer not the fleecy.

Lessy 02-20-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 60122545)
Honestly, the value isn't too far off. There's no way I'd accept as a PHX fan, but this isn't worthy of flaming. It's not a poor proposal. The Coyotes need more goals for, and the Oilers need fewer goals against. It makes a reasonable amount of sense and the value is reasonably close. People should be less sensitive around here.

I expect each fanbase will prefer their own players. I certainly do. That said, it's really not poorly thought out and it's not poor value.

Thanks but no thank, OP. But I will say "Good Job!" :clap:

Well put.

I'm an Oilers fan and I'd do the deal but it's because it fits the needs of the team perfectly and not because it's overwhelmingly in our favour in terms of value. Honestly Torres and Potter shouldn't be involved and it becomes OEL, Hanzal vs. Eberle, Gagner.

The most proven player in this trade is Eberle. The player with the most upside in this deal is OEL. As for Gagner vs. Hanzal - it's HF so the center with size and defensive accumen is going to meet the undersized scoring center named Sam Gagner every day. In the real world I'd say Hanzal has slightly more trade value but it's a lot closer than most on here will make it out to be. In terms of value I think I'd take OEL and Hanzal but the difference is probably the EDM 2nd or a good not great prospect.

McSuper 02-20-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 (Post 60102543)

I am an Oiler fan . How does Edmonton get hosed ?
OEL >>Eberle
Hanzel> Gagner . However if he keeps playing like he is this year this could change
A broke water bottle has >>>>>>>> then Potter