HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   If you were the GM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1355605)

CC321 02-20-2013 01:31 PM

If you were the GM
 
If you were the GM, what would you do with the team.

I'd send Lee to the AHL to work with Cooper on fundamentals, replace him with Gudas. Tell Boucher to give Gudas 10 min at #6 first game, then 20 min at #4 for nine games (because we need to know if he can handle it). After the ten games, presuming Gudas handles it fine, trade Brewer to Philly for a 3rd round pick. Mikkelson and Bergeron can share the #6 spot.

The next time Purcell or Carle coast on one of their shifts, have Gudas slowly skate up to them and ask "Why are you coasting on my team?" They sweat a little, but never answer. We then go on a 20 game winning streak, win the cup and have a big party.

BoltSTH 02-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC321 (Post 60103557)
If you were the GM, what would you do with the team.

I'd send Lee to the AHL to work with Cooper on fundamentals, replace him with Gudas. Tell Boucher to give Gudas 10 min at #6 first game, then 20 min at #4 for nine games (because we need to know if he can handle it). After the ten games, presuming Gudas handles it fine, trade Brewer to Philly for a 3rd round pick. Mikkelson and Bergeron can share the #6 spot.

The next time Purcell or Carle coast on one of their shifts, have Gudas slowly skate up to them and ask "Why are you coasting on my team?" They sweat a little, but never answer. We then go on a 20 game winning streak, win the cup and have a big party.

MSL would tell Gudas to 'shut up rookie, this is MY team!' Gudas better say' Sorry, sir, can I have another'

Kristia 02-20-2013 01:49 PM

If I was the GM this team would be in a whole lot of trouble..:biglaugh:

Kusic 02-20-2013 01:52 PM

:thumbu:

Trade Marc-André Bergeron for 6th round pick 2013.
Call-up defenseman Radko Gudas as 6th D-men (Lee 7th).
When Ryan Malone will be healthy, trade him for couple of picks or prospects.
Give Richard Panik more Time on Ice, around 13 minutes per game.
Enjoin to Boucher that he must improve our Power-Play.

In other scenario:
Trade Ryan Malone, Teddy Purcell and Brian Lee to Colorado Avalanche for Ryan O'Reillys rights and 3rd round pick 2013.
Sign O'Reilly to three-year deal worth 15 mil.
Call-up defenseman Radko Gudas as 6th D-men (Bergeron 7th).
Give Richard Panik more Time on Ice, around 13 minutes per game.
Enjoin to Boucher that he must improve our Power-Play.

The Fear Boners 02-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC321 (Post 60103557)
If you were the GM, what would you do with the team.

I'd send Lee to the AHL to work with Cooper on fundamentals, replace him with Gudas. Tell Boucher to give Gudas 10 min at #6 first game, then 20 min at #4 for nine games (because we need to know if he can handle it). After the ten games, presuming Gudas handles it fine, trade Brewer to Philly for a 3rd round pick. Mikkelson and Bergeron can share the #6 spot.

The next time Purcell or Carle coast on one of their shifts, have Gudas slowly skate up to them and ask "Why are you coasting on my team?" They sweat a little, but never answer. We then go on a 20 game winning streak, win the cup and have a big party.

Why?

LightningStrikes 02-20-2013 02:05 PM

Wow, ROR is getting seriously overrated. Malone, Purcell, Lee for his rights and a 3rd?

Brewer for a 3rd? Even Kubina fetched us a 2nd.

MAB for a 6th?

Kusic 02-20-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 60105599)
Wow, ROR is getting seriously overrated. Malone, Purcell, Lee for his rights and a 3rd?

As we see, Malone is expendable and Purcell is too often invisible. Lee has a minimal value at this point. ROR is two-way player, IMO more valuable than Edward.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 60105599)
MAB for a 6th?

Yes, he is 6/7th D-men right now, oftentimes as healthy scratch, in final year of his contract.

Felonious Python 02-20-2013 02:23 PM

I would be really worried about any of you guys being GM. :D

For me, outside of seeing where the MAB rabbit hole leads, if it's actually true, I think I'd be basically in straight up evaluation/adding contacts to my phone mode until free agency.

The YzerJesus 02-20-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 60105599)
Wow, ROR is getting seriously overrated. Malone, Purcell, Lee for his rights and a 3rd?

Brewer for a 3rd? Even Kubina fetched us a 2nd.

MAB for a 6th?

This. Holy Jesus you guys.

Vasilevskiy 02-20-2013 02:33 PM

I would make Paul Holmgren look like a sane person

Benders Lindyhop 02-20-2013 02:51 PM

Yeah the more I hear about ROR and his dad, the less I want him anywhere near this team.

And any of us being GM would make us all nostalgic for the 50 pt seasons.

Felonious Python 02-20-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albatross (Post 60109399)
Yeah the more I hear about ROR and his dad, the less I want him anywhere near this team.

And any of us being GM would make us all nostalgic for the 50 pt seasons.

I wouldn't be so sure, I'm like 9-13% sure I could make Lou Lamoriello's tenure look like an interim GM.

HoseEmDown 02-20-2013 03:29 PM

If I were GM I would ban anyone who besmirch's the good name of Brian Lee from ever attending a game. I also would trade Gudas for a bag of pucks just so everyone can stop asking for him to be brought up.

Felonious Python 02-20-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 60112181)
If I were GM I would ban anyone who besmirch's the good name of Brian Lee from ever attending a game. I also would trade Gudas for a bag of pucks just so everyone can stop asking for him to be brought up.

Can the pucks be brought up?

HoseEmDown 02-20-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felonious Python (Post 60112219)
Can the pucks be brought up?

No, they are only AHL quality.

Allaboard 02-20-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 60112181)
If I were GM I would ban anyone who besmirch's the good name of Brian Lee from ever attending a game. I also would trade Gudas for a bag of pucks just so everyone can stop asking for him to be brought up.

How would you solve the problem of no one being at the games ?

InjuredChoker 02-20-2013 04:10 PM

I would ask Stevie Y on what to do with every decision.

TBLbrian 02-20-2013 04:24 PM

if i was the GM i would be patient. its a 48 game seasons, so keep the defense as is and give Lee/Aulie/Mikkelsson the entire time to fight for spots next year.


Trade Bergeron for whatever we can get. Give Barberio some games, I know everyone seems to be dying for Gudas but his game wont transfer as well and as quickly as Barberio. The two of them will fight for a spot next year.

Beg John Cooper to never leave, lol

I Am Beat You 02-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBLbrian (Post 60115245)
if i was the GM i would be patient. its a 48 game seasons, so keep the defense as is and give Lee/Aulie/Mikkelsson the entire time to fight for spots next year.


Trade Bergeron for whatever we can get. Give Barberio some games, I know everyone seems to be dying for Gudas but his game wont transfer as well and as quickly as Barberio. The two of them will fight for a spot next year.

Beg John Cooper to never leave, lol

I think it's the complete opposite.

Bolt32 02-20-2013 05:10 PM

Since its a shortened Season I would Trade away Lee, and Bergeron for picks/prospects. Try and load up for the upcoming draft. Call up Gudas and Barberio to replace both guys.

Keep Garon until the end of the season, and play it by eye to determine if Desjardins can actually be the backup next season. If I get the word he can't, sign Garon to another one year deal, perhaps a two year deal. If I get the word he can, probably deal Garon at the deadline for a pick in the upcoming draft to a team that wants a solid backup.

As much as I would like to move Brewer, I don't see any of our prospects ready to eat his minutes so I would keep him around and be patient with him. Once Salo goes down with his injury I would call up Korobov and let him have a decent crack at some ice time to prove that he is ready. If he is, make room for him when the time comes.

Also try and find a taker for Crombeen. I just never really liked his role for this team, and find that the only reason why we have him is to drop the mitts. If we are going for that type of player I want someone that can contribute in other means as well. Perhaps Call up Labrie and have him slated on the fourth line to fill that role.

All in all pretty much shore up the defense with our NHL ready prospects as well as stock up for the upcoming draft.

Fire our goaltending coach and look for a replacement. Roloson would be ideal for this spot if he finally decides hes done playing at the NHL level.

Find another assistant for Boucher that isn't a yes man. Scour the minor leagues/Juniors for one.

zeykshade 02-20-2013 05:16 PM

If I were the GM, I'd hire a PP specialist to do nothing but work on the PP. Only thing really pressing imo. Otherwise, wait for free agency TDL.

BoltSTH 02-20-2013 05:36 PM

If I were GM I would be SFY. I think I would be quite content with that :D

The YzerJesus 02-20-2013 06:43 PM

If I were GM, I would listen to offers from Malone, and maybe Brewer. To trade Brewer, it'd have to be a real good deal. Top 4 defensemen don't grow on trees. I'd wait to do anything on Lee. He looked better last game, contrary to what some of you may think. If he started playing worse, I'd send him down and look to bring one of Korobov, Gudas, or Barberio up.

I'd bring in a PP coach.

Can't think of any other pressing issues right now.

EDIT: Probably look to trade Labrie.

CC321 02-21-2013 01:51 AM

I'd probably do some equipment innovations. The current big, loose fitting hockey sweaters have a kind of 1970s feel to them. I would switch to the tighter fitting, stretchy NFL type jersey to make the guys look more athletic on TV.

Use helmets with some aerodynamic swoosh to them, like a bicycle helmet but not that extreme.

Helmets could be more concussion proof, having an air bladder in them with a high G-force release valve. A small CO2 cartridge (like what is used in bb guns) in the helmet would refill the air bladder after an impact.

Stick shafts could be more aerodynamic, more rounded with golf ball dimples.

I mentioned a compressed super bouncy ball rubber thing a few weeks ago as a joke, but a 2 millimeter coating of it on stick blades might actually benefit shooters, it would have to be tested.

Edit: stick blades can have some holes in them like high performance brake rotors, to let some air pass through, less resistance.

stryfe604 02-21-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusic (Post 60104841)
:thumbu:

Trade Marc-André Bergeron for 6th round pick 2013.
Call-up defenseman Radko Gudas as 6th D-men (Lee 7th).
When Ryan Malone will be healthy, trade him for couple of picks or prospects.
Give Richard Panik more Time on Ice, around 13 minutes per game.
Enjoin to Boucher that he must improve our Power-Play.

In other scenario:
Trade Ryan Malone, Teddy Purcell and Brian Lee to Colorado Avalanche for Ryan O'Reillys rights and 3rd round pick 2013.
Sign O'Reilly to three-year deal worth 15 mil.
Call-up defenseman Radko Gudas as 6th D-men (Bergeron 7th).
Give Richard Panik more Time on Ice, around 13 minutes per game.
Enjoin to Boucher that he must improve our Power-Play.

Sorry friend, but this is ridiculous. O'Reilly is worth no where near that. Seriously people need to jump off the O'Reilly bandwagon. It's embarrassing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.