HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: nyi/tb (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1355629)

27isles27 02-20-2013 02:00 PM

nyi/tb

to ny islanders:
brett connolly

to tampa bay:
nino niederreiter

change of scenery for both former 1st rd picks how can't crack their nhl teams lineup this year.

Still All In 02-20-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 27isles27 (Post 60105357)
to ny islanders:
brett connolly

to tampa bay:
nino niederreiter

change of scenery for both former 1st rd picks how can't crack their nhl teams lineup this year.

:laugh: not a chance in hell.

StrongIslanders90 02-20-2013 02:07 PM

I would not trade nino for Connolly...

No From NYi

If NYI liked him so much, they should/could have drafted him. They didnt

blinkman360 02-20-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 60105749)

No From NYi

Nino is exactly what the Isles need right now. A dude with size who actually uses it. Oh, and a guy who can put the puck in the net.

Alivesi 02-20-2013 02:10 PM

Connolly outscored Nino in the AHL and NHL, I wouldn't do this deal. Connolly is going to make the lineup next year for sure.

CC321 02-20-2013 02:28 PM

Tampa is happy with Connolly's development I think. He has
49 22 23 45 +10 as a 20 year old in the AHL, which is pretty good.

Vasilevskiy 02-20-2013 02:44 PM

Nah, we will keep Connolly

Analyzer* 02-20-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 60105749)

No From NYi

I would. 1 player early in his career has shown that he can succeed. The other is shown he can struggle.

Plenty of time for Nino to turn it around, but if there's one deal to take for Nino it would be this one.

Jacko95 02-20-2013 02:50 PM

Connolly isn't in the AHL because he is not good enough, he is in the AHL to learn how to lead a team. How to be the key cog on the ice. Tampa has the luxury to play young, hungry, NHL ready forwards in the AHL. He will be in Tampa next year. It's not like Nino who isn't able to crack the roster, Steve Yzerman decided that he won't get a callup this year, it doesn't care what happens.

I absolutly expect him to become the player everyone expected out of him, he just needed a year more than expected.

kasper11 02-20-2013 02:50 PM

I don't think either team does it. Both players struggled last year and are having success in the AHL this year. Both will most likely play a top-6 role for their team next year.

Neither needs a change of scenery, they just needed time to learn at the pro level.

kasper11 02-20-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 60109271)
Connolly isn't in the AHL because he is not good enough, he is in the AHL to learn how to lead a team. How to be the key cog on the ice. Tampa has the luxury to play young, hungry, NHL ready forwards in the AHL. He will be in Tampa next year. It's not like Nino who isn't able to crack the roster, Steve Yzerman decided that he won't get a callup this year, it doesn't care what happens.

Nino was in the same situation....given the 5 day training camp, the team decided to leave him (and Donavan, and Nelson) in the AHL were he could play top-line minutes. The only high level prospects brought into camp were Strome and Reinhart, neither of whom was given a shot to actually make the team.

LotteryForLife* 02-20-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 60105461)
:laugh: not a chance in hell.

I agree. Not a chance in he'll the Icelanders do this. Nino is still considered a better prospect with a brighter future

None Four One 02-20-2013 07:16 PM

Tampa gets bent over. Connolly has done much more in the NHL and AHL than Nino. Better prospect? :lol:

sayheykid 02-20-2013 07:35 PM

Tampa Bay politely declines.

YearlyLottery 02-20-2013 07:39 PM

Both teams like their prospect better at this point. I say no from Islanders standpoint.

HoseEmDown 02-20-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotteryForLife (Post 60114361)
I agree. Not a chance in he'll the Icelanders do this. Nino is still considered a better prospect with a brighter future

Not sure if serious?

Wanderson 02-20-2013 07:44 PM

No thanks.

Bish Please 02-20-2013 08:20 PM

Both team's fans say no so it's probably a fair proposal. I wouldn't hate it as a Lightning fan but I wouldn't pull the trigger. Connolly's attitude and play has really impressed me in Syracuse.

Still All In 02-20-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotteryForLife (Post 60114361)

Connolly has better finishing ability but Nino can have a more well rounded game with only a faint dropoff in scoring ability. There is not much difference between the two except one very significant difference: I trust the ability of Jon Cooper and the rest of the TB organization to develop Connolly properly. I don't trust the Isles ability to do the same with Nino, so I wouldn't trade for him.

For the record, i'm not a huge Connolly fan, either.

EDIT: clarity, changed scoring touch to finishing ability

Benedict Kovalchuk 02-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 60109271)

I don't buy that for a second, he has better leaders to learn from IN the NHL. Hate to break it to you, he's in the AHL because he is not ready and has things to learn.

Rschmitz 02-20-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher (Post 60132909)
I don't buy that for a second, he has better leaders to learn from IN the NHL. Hate to break it to you, he's in the AHL because he is not ready and has things to learn.

Not ready to play in the NHL? That is way off the mark, he would be playing on most teams in this league. He is averaging a PPG in the AHL; but I do agree he would be better served in the minors and would add that it is the ideal place for him to be right now. Considering how stocked we are up front, we can afford to let Connolly develop longer and add some more muscle.

hfgreg 02-20-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher (Post 60132909)

Here is what SY had to say about it:

Yzerman said Connolly, 20, "is not in jail. I'm very pleased with his development. He's going to be a good player for us. We just felt at this time for our needs in Tampa, the role that he would play here, he's better off playing there."

LotteryForLife* 02-20-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 60128399)
Not sure if serious?

Maybe you should surf the web with an adult then

TampaBolt 02-21-2013 01:04 AM

Nino the beast!!! 55 games played and an outstanding single point! :sarcasm:;)

HoseEmDown 02-21-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotteryForLife (Post 60148245)
Maybe you should surf the web with an adult then

I have your mom right here sitting on my lap. How is Nino considered better cause he was picked one spot ahead?