HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Couturier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1355769)

PALE PWNR 02-20-2013 05:16 PM

Couturier

If Couturier was on the block, what would you give for him. Flyers are in need of younger top pairing defensemen or potential top pairing defensemen with NHL experience.

hostilebynature 02-20-2013 05:23 PM

gardiner +

TylerSVT* 02-20-2013 05:25 PM

Iginla. Would want something like a 2nd back maybe as well.

Most will hate it, but i think Iggy + Giroux would be hella good.

hostilebynature 02-20-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerSVT (Post 60115313)
Iginla. Would want something like a 2nd back maybe as well.

Most will hate it, but i think Iggy + Giroux would be hella good.

i wasnt aware Iginla was patrolling the blue line now?

TheHudlinator 02-20-2013 05:30 PM

Giordano?

Vaasa 02-20-2013 05:35 PM

Why even ask? He's not on the block now. He's not going to be on the block. He's probably viewed as either one of, or the, future captains of the Flyers.

PantherStriker 02-20-2013 05:39 PM

OEL. One side would need to add, especially on HFBoards

Captain Smurf 02-20-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherStriker (Post 60116115)
OEL. One side would need to add, especially on HFBoards

That side would be the Flyers.

Perro 02-20-2013 05:50 PM

Yandle+?

PayItForward 02-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 60116647)
Yandle+?

How does Couturier have more value than Yandle?

Vankiller Whale 02-20-2013 06:00 PM

I think if either OEL or Yandle(more likely, but still highly improbable) were on the table, the Flyers would need to add to Couturier.

Cogburn 02-20-2013 06:06 PM

If we could find a RHD elsewhere, I'd go Tanev+1st+...but RHD that fit the mould we need are few and far between.

Phion Keneuf 02-20-2013 06:11 PM

Couturier + for Yandle
Couturier ++ for OEL

PALE PWNR 02-20-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 60115915)
Why even ask? He's not on the block now. He's not going to be on the block. He's probably viewed as either one of, or the, future captains of the Flyers.

Because he's not going to ever move off the Flyers 3rd line. We have Laughton who fits a 3C mold to a T. B Schenn is proving hes going to be a valuable asset as a 2C but cannot be moved to wing. With his brother here our eggs are clearly in the Schenn basket. And G obviously is not going to be moved to wing. Leaving Couturier, and Laughton. I have more confidence in Laughton then some of our other posters it seems and I agree that he will likely not ever be as good defensively as Couturier is, however you have to give to get. We are in desperate need of a young top pairing D-man and I would be willing to move Couturier for one. I don't think Laughton gets us one, and I don't have confidence in our scouts or minor league coaches to draft and develop one. We draft Centers, good ones, I think we should continue to use that strength of ours. Then when we have a glutton of them and a log jam we can move one for a greater need.

rockinghockey 02-20-2013 06:38 PM

Does Petry or Smid interest you. I know most EDM fans will say no we are not moving them but I think Courterier would be a perfect 2C behind RNH. Then we can move Gagner for a dman to repace Petry or Smid.
Hall; RNH; Eberle
Yak; Courterier; Hemsky(or Hemsky trade for some size for the top 6.

Mystifo 02-20-2013 06:44 PM

To save people time I am going to throw this out...

Random fan of neither team: Gardiner for Cooter

Leafs Fan: More like Gardiner for Coutier + .

Philly Fan: No way were giving up a + for Gardiner you guys will be adding as he is a core member of our team.

Leafs fan: Yeah but Gardiner was our best D man last year and look like a force as a rookie.

Philly Fan: So did Cooter. He looked like Mike Richards 2.0 .

Now that we got that out of the way let us agree that neither side wants to do it and by it being like that it makes more sense for it to happen. I mean if memory serves me right we had the same disagreement on JVR for Schenn.

sobrien 02-20-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 60118853)
Because he's not going to ever move off the Flyers 3rd line. We have Laughton who fits a 3C mold to a T. B Schenn is proving hes going to be a valuable asset as a 2C but cannot be moved to wing. With his brother here our eggs are clearly in the Schenn basket. And G obviously is not going to be moved to wing. Leaving Couturier, and Laughton. I have more confidence in Laughton then some of our other posters it seems and I agree that he will likely not ever be as good defensively as Couturier is, however you have to give to get. We are in desperate need of a young top pairing D-man and I would be willing to move Couturier for one. I don't think Laughton gets us one, and I don't have confidence in our scouts or minor league coaches to draft and develop one. We draft Centers, good ones, I think we should continue to use that strength of ours. Then when we have a glutton of them and a log jam we can move one for a greater need.

Why is it obvious G won't move to wing? I'm in the camp believing he should sometime in the next couple seasons. If that doesn't work, Couturier, and to a lesser extent, Schenn have experience on the wings. We're not trading Couturier because of excessive center depth...

PALE PWNR 02-20-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 60119137)
Does Petry or Smid interest you. I know most EDM fans will say no we are not moving them but I think Courterier would be a perfect 2C behind RNH. Then we can move Gagner for a dman to repace Petry or Smid.
Hall; RNH; Eberle
Yak; Courterier; Hemsky(or Hemsky trade for some size for the top 6.

Not particularly, but I can think of another d-man on your team that does

XX 02-20-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PayItForward (Post 60117081)
How does Couturier have more value than Yandle?

He doesn't. Anyone bringing up OEL is just doing so for fantasy purposes. Zero chance he gets moved. Yandle is a possibility, but he is worth significantly more than Couturier.

thecloser 02-20-2013 06:51 PM

Well a fellow Flyers poster said he thought ya'll still had a chance at Weber, which will not happen, but I do believe we would be open to shopping our youngster D man Jonathon Blum. With that said...

To PHI
Blum
Gill or Hannan

To NSH
Couturier

I'd like him in NSH

Prongo 02-20-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecloser (Post 60119767)
Well a fellow Flyers poster said he thought ya'll still had a chance at Weber, which will not happen, but I do believe we would be open to shopping our youngster D man Jonathon Blum. With that said...

To PHI
Blum
Gill or Hannan

To NSH
Couturier

I'd like him in NSH

Not even close.

captainpaxil 02-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 60118853)

schenn is the most likely candidate to move to wing and hes already playe there some. between cooter and laughton most see cooter as the more likely to fill a 2c spot or should things go differently has the better ability to lock down the 3c. its early yet to say which is what but your not going to get a 1d for a 3c whichever you move so why not keep the better player especially if your going to lose value trying to move em?

PALE PWNR 02-20-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 60119435)
Why is it obvious G won't move to wing? I'm in the camp believing he should sometime in the next couple seasons. If that doesn't work, Couturier, and to a lesser extent, Schenn have experience on the wings. We're not trading Couturier because of excessive center depth...

We are trading him due to no defensive depth. And when I suggested even the possibility of moving Couturier to the wing well this pretty much sums up that;

Quote:

Couts offensive game will develop as long as he is getting PP minutes but I agree having him on the wing is useless. You don't put a center with that size and shutdown ability at the wing.
The Schenn experiment on LW has failed. Every time he is put there he seems lost and out of place. Sure maybe he can develop it with time but hes over a PPG since he was put back at C while still providing an aggressive physical game and a moderate defensive game.

I think we would need to see G actually play on the wing before anyone can comment on whether he can play it as effectively as he already plays C. He plays the half boards on the PP but outside of that its an unknown.

CS 02-20-2013 06:56 PM

Not for sale.

thecloser 02-20-2013 06:57 PM

what is a couturier return then.