HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tor/Buff/Isles proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13560)

VanW27 09-23-2003 06:34 AM

Tor/Buff/Isles proposal

People will probably jump on me for this one but how about Tucker and Bell for Satan than sign Satan and flip him to the Isles for Hamrlik
so:
To Toronto:Hamrlik
To Buffalo:Tucker & Bell
To NYI:Satan
Leafs fill their need for a top line d-man,Isles get the scoring winger they need and Buffalo gets younger, cheaper and harder to play aginst.

Ajacied 09-23-2003 06:35 AM

uuuhh... Peanuts anyone?

Tucker and Bell wouldn't be enought to get a Satan bobblehead..

Big Bill 09-23-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
uuuhh... Peanuts anyone?

Tucker and Bell wouldn't be enought to get a Satan bobblehead..

:lol: :lol:

Agreed, Leafs will have to cough up more than that

WhoIsJimBob 09-23-2003 06:41 AM

Tucker and Bell for Satan............

:lol:

I have a feeling Regier would counter with Connolly and Boulton for Sundin.

Darth Milbury 09-23-2003 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Tucker and Bell for Satan............

:lol:

I have a feeling Regier would counter with Connolly and Boulton for Sundin.

A more realistic three-way (at least in terms of talent):

Toronto: Hamrlik + 3rd rounder
Buffalo: Kaberle
Isles: Satan

WhoIsJimBob 09-23-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
A more realistic three-way (at least in terms of talent):

Toronto: Hamrlik + 3rd rounder
Buffalo: Kaberle
Isles: Satan

Unless Afinogenov turns superhuman in the preseason I don't see Regier pulling a move like this as it wouldn't further the cause of making the playoffs this year.

I still think that signing Satan will happen. They've already bumped the budget up from $30 million to $33 million this offseason. When push comes to shove Golisano will do what needs to be done to at least get Satan signed.

McKee on the other hand could be waiting a long time if he wants Rhett Warrener money.

Darth Milbury 09-23-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Unless Afinogenov turns superhuman in the preseason I don't see Regier pulling a move like this as it wouldn't further the cause of making the playoffs this year.

I still think that signing Satan will happen. They've already bumped the budget up from $30 million to $33 million this offseason. When push comes to shove Golisano will do what needs to be done to at least get Satan signed.

McKee on the other hand could be waiting a long time if he wants Rhett Warrener money.

I think Satan and Mckee are both going to sign, myself. But, we'll see.

cybresabre 09-23-2003 11:57 AM

agreed.

i don't like the trades either.

i would rather have satan than anybody else that is offered in these deals.

Epoch 09-23-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwychen27
People will probably jump on me for this one but how about Tucker and Bell for Satan than sign Satan and flip him to the Isles for Hamrlik
so:
Leafs fill their need for a top line d-man,Isles get the scoring winger they need and Buffalo gets younger, cheaper and harder to play aginst.

I like it,but the Leafs would have to give more than that.;)

Vatican Roulette 09-23-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwychen27
so:

To Buffalo:Antropov & Bell

Neiwy has the #2 spot anyway.

Darth Milbury 09-23-2003 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
To Buffalo:Antropov & Bell

Neiwy has the #2 spot anyway.

Toronto doens't give up enough in that deal. Antropov has yet to score 20 in a season and still has a lot to prove.

Poignant Discussion 09-23-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Toronto doens't give up enough in that deal. Antropov has yet to score 20 in a season and still has a lot to prove.

Pass on all accounts Bell in 3 years will be what Hamerlik is now and we will have him for 10 years instead of 2.

Tucker fills a need on the third line on this team with no replacments on thier way

None of the 3 teams would do this deal

No clue why people keep on bring up the Leafs in trade talks. I'll make it clear here...they are not going to make any trades maybe just sign a free agent D man and wait till the trade deadline

Darth Milbury 09-23-2003 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Pass on all accounts Bell in 3 years will be what Hamerlik is now and we will have him for 10 years instead of 2.

Tucker fills a need on the third line on this team with no replacments on thier way

None of the 3 teams would do this deal

No clue why people keep on bring up the Leafs in trade talks. I'll make it clear here...they are not going to make any trades maybe just sign a free agent D man and wait till the trade deadline

Talk about projection. Bell is going to be a number 1 dman like Hamrlik, eh? You'll be luck if Bell is good enough to take a regular shift, let alone exceed Hamrlik.

If Quinn had any prayer of getting Satan for those guys, Bell and Tucker would have been Sabres a long time ago.

Poignant Discussion 09-23-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Talk about projection. Bell is going to be a number 1 dman like Hamrlik, eh? You'll be luck if Bell is good enough to take a regular shift, let alone exceed Hamrlik.

If Quinn had any prayer of getting Satan for those guys, Bell and Tucker would have been Sabres a long time ago.

Personally I think you should study the Juniors a little bit more Darth. BobMack even says Bell will be a better NHL defenseman than Carlos. I have a hard time believing CHL's defenseman of the year will have a hard time taking a regular shift. I'm sorry as a Leafs fan I am not interested in that trade at all. Our defense in 3-5 years will blow 85% of the defenses away in the NHL. I'm not interested in trading the future anymore for stopgaps. And yes my friend thats exactly what this trade is for the Leafs. I know being an Islander fan you are used to having your prospects given away for stop gaps. I'm hoping John Jr isn't going to

Darth Milbury 09-23-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Personally I think you should study the Juniors a little bit more Darth. BobMack even says Bell will be a better NHL defenseman than Carlos. I have a hard time believing CHL's defenseman of the year will have a hard time taking a regular shift. I'm sorry as a Leafs fan I am not interested in that trade at all. Our defense in 3-5 years will blow 85% of the defenses away in the NHL. I'm not interested in trading the future anymore for stopgaps. And yes my friend thats exactly what this trade is for the Leafs. I know being an Islander fan you are used to having your prospects given away for stop gaps. I'm hoping John Jr isn't going to

I'm not saying that Bell won't develop or is not a very good prospect. I'm just pointing out that it is rather strong to suggest he will definitely be better than Hamrlik (or even as good as Hamrlik). And, it is certainly unlikely that he is able to perform at a high level in the NHL anytime soon as It takes most NHL defenders five or six years to hit their stride. In the meantime, I wish I had a 1 USD for every highly touted prospect I've seen not develop over the years.

_Del_ 09-23-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

In the meantime, I wish I had a 1 USD for every highly touted prospect I've seen not develop over the years.

I'll let you handle this thread, where should I go? ;)

edit: I'd take a candian dollar...

Trottier 09-23-2003 10:11 PM

The hole created by moving Hamrlik (and not bringing back a suitable replacement) would be much larger than the current hole that exists up front (sniper to complement Yashin).

Any future "sniper to the Isles for one of their quality dmen" proposals should consider the fact that NYI is emphasizing team D this year much moreso than previously. Stirling is deplyong a trapping system. Not to say that the team doesn't need or want another gamebreaker, but not to the detriment of their core system/approach.