HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm-Buf (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356093)

Hockey 4 Life 02-20-2013 11:52 PM

Edm-Buf
 
To

Buffalo
Eberle
smid

Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson

Edmonton gets a solid #2c and a #2d who are both young and highly skilled, and buffalo gets a game breaking winger in Eberle to go along with some of their high potential centers and a very good physical shutdown top 4 d man.

Beerz 02-20-2013 11:53 PM

Please stop Edmonton.

WeridAl 02-20-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 60144017)
To

Buffalo
Eberle
smid

Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson

Edmonton gets a solid #2c and a #2d who are both young and highly skilled, and buffalo gets a game breaking winger in Eberle to go along with some of their high potential centers and a very good physical shutdown top 4 d man.

Edmonton passes, stop with these Eberle proposals, hell will freeze over before Edmonton trades him.

start winnin 02-20-2013 11:55 PM

It's a decent proposal I think, both team's would probably be happy with their players though.

jmoss45 02-20-2013 11:58 PM

From Edmonton i'd do Yakupov and Smid for Myers and Hodgson.

McVespa99 02-20-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 60144017)
To

Buffalo
Eberle
smid

Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson

Edmonton gets a solid #2c and a #2d who are both young and highly skilled, and buffalo gets a game breaking winger in Eberle to go along with some of their high potential centers and a very good physical shutdown top 4 d man.

To put it bluntly Myers sucks and is getting worse. No thanks.

jumptheshark 02-21-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 60144091)
Please stop Edmonton.

please look at their history before you jump to a conclusion

he doesnt go to the oiler board

Beerz 02-21-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 60144559)
please look at their history before you jump to a conclusion

he doesnt go to the oiler board

I'll take your word.

My bad.

tsujimoto74 02-21-2013 12:20 AM

It's funny. For how much Myers supposedly "sucks," there sure seem to be a lot of people who would love to have him on their team.
Awkward because Buffalo's not going to trade him.

McVespa99 02-21-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 60145639)
It's funny. For how much Myers supposedly "sucks," there sure seem to be a lot of people who would love to have him on their team.
Awkward because Buffalo's not going to trade him.

He does suck. And has for the better part of 2 years. But teams are willing to take a substantial chance on him because he is big and looked very good as a rookie a couple of years ago. Maybe he will regain that form or maybe not. As an Oiler fan I would take a chance on him as well. Even with the present suckage:) I just wouldnt want to give up what Buff fans think he is worth.

Beerz 02-21-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespa99 (Post 60146987)
He does suck. And has for the better part of 2 years. But teams are willing to take a substantial chance on him because he is big and looked very good as a rookie a couple of years ago. Maybe he will regain that form or maybe not. As an Oiler fan I would take a chance on him as well. Even with the present suckage:) I just wouldnt want to give up what Buff fans think he is worth.


Cept' for the fact that he hasn't sucked for 2 years.

He sucked for like the first 20 games last year....and all of the games this year outside of a handful.

He's not being sold low...

thadd 02-21-2013 12:55 AM

Yes, let's take two people who're perfectly happy being Oilers... and move them away.

Smid is easily our best d-man. He's turned into an even better d-man that we could've hoped for.

Eberle and Hopkins were born to play together and Hodgson wouldn't be our #2C, he'd be our #3C behind Gagner.

No thanks.

McVespa99 02-21-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 60147813)
Cept' for the fact that he hasn't sucked for 2 years.

He sucked for like the first 20 games last year....and all of the games this year outside of a handful.

He's not being sold low...

understandable. Better to hang onto him at this point and see if he can rebound. We are in much the same situation with Hemsky. His injuries the last two years have his value at an all time low. He is playing great now but it would not be the time to trade him until he shows he can stay healthy for a season.

DJcheesyB 02-21-2013 01:04 AM

haha these Eberle proposals get better by the day.

FrankUllah 02-21-2013 01:19 AM

Not horrible. Edmonton gets an excellent 2C and a potential 1/2D. Even though they give up Eberle, they still have Yakupov, and Hodgson makes Gagner expendable, which can garner them some more wingers or defenseman.

Benjamin 02-21-2013 02:34 AM

Terrible for the Oilers.

Homesick 02-21-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankUllah (Post 60149165)
Not horrible. Edmonton gets an excellent 2C and a potential 1/2D. Even though they give up Eberle, they still have Yakupov, and Hodgson makes Gagner expendable, which can garner them some more wingers or defenseman.

The Oilers already have two better centres in RNH and Gagner. Smid has played better than Myers for the past 2.5 seasons. They arent trading for potential anymore

umbertovanek 02-21-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankUllah (Post 60149165)
Not horrible. Edmonton gets an excellent 2C and a potential 1/2D. Even though they give up Eberle, they still have Yakupov, and Hodgson makes Gagner expendable, which can garner them some more wingers or defenseman.

Horrible for the Sabres, though.

Myers needs to pull his head out of his ass ASAP, if for none other reason than for those annoying low-ball proposals to stop.

wunderpanda 02-21-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life (Post 60144017)
To

Buffalo
Eberle
smid

Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson

Edmonton gets a solid #2c and a #2d who are both young and highly skilled, and buffalo gets a game breaking winger in Eberle to go along with some of their high potential centers and a very good physical shutdown top 4 d man.

Hodgson is currently the only high potential centre that plays regular shifts :) Not sure if Smid is a top 4 either. How about Ennis, Stafford and Leopold for Smid, Horcoff and Hemsky?

internetdotcom 02-21-2013 07:49 AM

What is with the rash of Eberle proposals by Edmonton fans lately (and Edmonton proposals in general)? There must be something wrong with Eberle lately...

Edit : Not implying necessarily that the OP is an Oilers fan, just speaking in general.

Brian28 02-21-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderpanda (Post 60154147)
Hodgson is currently the only high potential centre that plays regular shifts :) Not sure if Smid is a top 4 either. How about Ennis, Stafford and Leopold for Smid, Horcoff and Hemsky?

Smid is definitely a top 4 D. He's a defensive specialist who's been playing on Edmonton's top line for 2 years. BEfore anyone starts the whole top line on the worst team mantra he was +4 last year and only -10 the year before when we really sucked with only 62 pts as a team. He makes his D partener better by virtue of sound play and good positioning.

That said he's not available as he's been one of the players who fights night in and night out, loves the city (we need more not less of guys with that attitude), and is a great PKer. Think a younger Robyn Regehr with less of a mean streak but better positional play. With the state of our D we can't afford to lose Smid unless we're going for Jones.

roboninja 02-21-2013 09:51 AM

No chance from the EDM perspective. I want no part of that Myers contract with how he is playing.

Johnny McBravo 02-21-2013 10:02 AM

Horrible for Edmonton. Wouldn't even do it if Myers was actually playing to his ability.

1972 02-21-2013 10:40 AM

5 years from now this will look brutal from the Sabres pov

YP44 02-21-2013 11:02 AM

Buffalo steals this deal.
I don't think Edmonton has any use in Hodson as gagner is really doing well under Kruger. And in my opinion is better than Hodson and has more potential.
If Buffalo wants a shake up maybe something liek the below.

Yakupov, Klefbom for Myers+

I think for a top blueliner the oilers would be more willing to trade Yakupov than Eberle. And my guess is Buffalo would need some sort of D coming back. I thinkthe + would have to be large. Just not sure what would fit Edmonton that Buffalo would give up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.