HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   WWE: Vince tired of Cena-Punk?; Ryback heel turn? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356239)

M.C.G. 31 02-21-2013 08:58 AM

Vince tired of Cena-Punk?; Ryback heel turn?

Quote:

- Vince McMahon said to be tired of the John Cena vs. CM Punk feud, so their match next week on RAW will be the last time we see them cross paths for a while.

- A Ryback heel turn has been teased lately, with him losing several high profile matches and walking out on his team at Elimination Chamber. If WWE does go through with the heel turn, it would lead to a John Cena vs. Ryback program after WrestleMania. While Cena could certainly benefit from a fresh heel monster to play off of, Ryback is somewhat limited in the ring and losing the crowd support would hurt his character a lot.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

RJ8812 02-21-2013 09:19 AM

well, I guess that means it will be Cena/Rock Twice in a Lifetime

George Maharis 02-21-2013 09:39 AM

Or.. or.. or... Ryback will come out and distract Cena allowing Punk to get the roll-up and his spot at WM... and Cena will be so damn annoyed at Ryback that he just quits the WWE Title match and faces Ryback!!

One can only hope...

duckchobbins 02-21-2013 09:42 AM

I'm all for a Ryback heel turn, but not one that's going to put him into a WWE title program with Cena. Can you imagine those matches :(

George Maharis 02-21-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 60156613)
I'm all for a Ryback heel turn, but not one that's going to put him into a WWE title program with Cena. Can you imagine those matches :(

Those would be horrible.. I don't understand how they can have Ryback go from "losing several high profile matches" to challenging Cena for the WWE Title all because he decided to be a bad guy.. Where is the logic in that?

EDIT: Why bother mentioning logic... this is WWE.

Engebretson 02-21-2013 09:57 AM

I've always thought Ryback should have debuted as a monster heel anyway. This would give his character another much-needed dimension as well. It would be nice to see him with a manager too so that he doesn't have to do the talking for his programs.

Crimson Skorpion 02-21-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engebretson (Post 60157107)
I've always thought Ryback should have debuted as a monster heel anyway. This would give his character another much-needed dimension as well. It would be nice to see him with a manager too so that he doesn't have to do the talking for his programs.

There are a lot of people you could say this about though.

- Brodus Clay would be a fantastic monster heel - the type we saw in NXT.
- R-Truth, while not a monster, would make an amazing heel. Especially as Ron Killings.

Simply put though, you can't have a lop-sided, heel-heavy product because the lack of faces will show eventutally. Ryback could make it work because since he's so limited in the ring, he could become this monster heel that just destroys everything - sort of like what he did at the start of his run - but it's the higher profile matches that worry me. A Cena-Ryback match at any time, including Wrestlemania, would result in disaster. My opinion of course.

duckchobbins 02-21-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engebretson (Post 60157107)

His first few weeks as Ryback he actually seemed like a heel. He just came out and squashed a pair of random 100 pound guys every show and left. It should have stayed that way until a midcard face challenged him, and you could then give Ryback a manager to cut the promos, similar to Lesnar/Heyman without all the talent :laugh:

Then out of nowhere they started faking the crowd noise for the feed me more crap, and then it was sort of a "wait...this guy isn't a heel?" situation. He still doesn't really get much of a pop, ever.

duckchobbins 02-21-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 60157247)

- R-Truth, while not a monster, would make an amazing heel. Especially as Ron Killings.

Simply put though, you can't have a lop-sided, heel-heavy product because the lack of faces will show eventutally. Ryback could make it work because since he's so limited in the ring, he could become this monster heel that just destroys everything - sort of like what he did at the start of his run - but it's the higher profile matches that worry me. A Cena-Ryback match at any time, including Wrestlemania, would result in disaster. My opinion of course.

I think Ryback is on track to either turn heel or have a match against a guy like Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania. If he turns heel he can have quick feud with Sheamus until Cena is freed up from the Rock (assuming they want Ryback v Cena this spring/summer). They've had some pretty weak WWE title matches just in the last year , and Ryback received two title shots on PPV I believe against Punk, so it wouldn't be the first time the WWE title match on a PPV wasn't that huge. But, the time to have a "bad WWE title match" is the end of the year, so you can completely flip the script and set so many new things in motion in January with the Royal Rumble.

Snipeshow 02-21-2013 10:23 AM

Ryback vs. Cena

Those matches could be legendary.. and not in a good way.

elias026 02-21-2013 10:29 AM

I called it Punk would be in a filler match at WM and probably wont see him in the wwe title picture for awhile.

At least there just pretty much telling us Cena is the next WWE champ:help:

RJ8812 02-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 60157355)
His first few weeks as Ryback he actually seemed like a heel. He just came out and squashed a pair of random 100 pound guys every show and left. It should have stayed that way until a midcard face challenged him, and you could then give Ryback a manager to cut the promos, similar to Lesnar/Heyman without all the talent :laugh:

Then out of nowhere they started faking the crowd noise for the feed me more crap, and then it was sort of a "wait...this guy isn't a heel?" situation. He still doesn't really get much of a pop, ever.

I don't understand what they did with Ryback. They had Ryback bury the Miz, who was the US champ at the time, which seemed to point to them having a feud. Next he's standing up to Punk and in the WWE Title picture. So in essence, they buried the US champ for no reason.

George Maharis 02-21-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elias026 (Post 60158359)
I called it Punk would be in a filler match at WM and probably wont see him in the wwe title picture for awhile.

At least there just pretty much telling us Cena is the next WWE champ:help:

And rightfully so. It's been over a year since he's last held it, he deserves it again.. and this way WWE can give us some top-quality entertainment!! :sarcasm:

elias026 02-21-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 60159235)
And rightfully so. It's been over a year since he's last held it, he deserves it again.. and this way WWE can give us some top-quality entertainment!! :sarcasm:

But going into WM main event people want a surprise we dont want to know the results, this year Rock vs Cena II is the most obvious match that I can remember there is no doubt in anyone mind that Cena will go over Rock at WM.

Vince said he wanted this to be a huge WM, its looking like its the most predictable WM

Fish on The Sand 02-21-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 60158957)
I don't understand what they did with Ryback. They had Ryback bury the Miz, who was the US champ at the time, which seemed to point to them having a feud. Next he's standing up to Punk and in the WWE Title picture. So in essence, they buried the US champ for no reason.

Well he was the Intercontinental Champ, but the point is the same. The worst part was it was on the same bloody show.

RussianRocket10 02-21-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 60158957)

I think they originally planned for Ryback to feud with Miz for the title but that was around the time when Cena got hurt and was out of action for a few weeks leading up to a PPV and Punk needed to defend his title so they threw Ryback in there.

RJ8812 02-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 60161813)
Well he was the Intercontinental Champ, but the point is the same. The worst part was it was on the same bloody show.

my bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 (Post 60162487)
I think they originally planned for Ryback to feud with Miz for the title but that was around the time when Cena got hurt and was out of action for a few weeks leading up to a PPV and Punk needed to defend his title so they threw Ryback in there.

they could have inserted someone else

RussianRocket10 02-21-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 60167011)
they could have inserted someone else

Vince wanted Ryback I guess.

Engebretson 02-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 60157247)

I get what you're saying, but Ryback had all the tools to be a perfect monster heel. He's big, powerful, no-sells almost everything, and doesn't shouldn't say much. I just think his character would have been better off long term by debuting as a monster heel instead of a monster babyface.