HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Q & A With Cape Breton Coach/GM Marc-Andre Dumont (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356363)

brec7 02-21-2013 10:35 AM

Q & A With Cape Breton Coach/GM Marc-Andre Dumont

I thought this was an interesting idea... has anyone seen anything like this before? Cape Breton's coach & GM sat for two hours to talk and answer questions with fans. Good idea, I think, especially with a rebuilding team that is understandably watching attendance decline.

Read about it here:
http://sportstream.ca/off-the-record...c-andre-dumont

IHaveNoCreativity 02-21-2013 11:42 AM

I spoke to him on the phone for an hour and half last year, he answered all my questions about Val D'Or.

He's a super nice guy.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 02-21-2013 05:47 PM

Good idea and a great prevlidge for the fans.

Taoiseach 02-21-2013 09:05 PM

Oh what? He didn't just blame the fans for the team's poor performance? :shakehead

IHaveNoCreativity 02-21-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 60210845)
Oh what? He didn't just blame the fans for the team's poor performance? :shakehead

What are you talking about ?

brec7 02-21-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 60210845)

Is this something Groulx does in Gatineau or are you speaking of Dumont in VD?

Taoiseach 02-22-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brec7 (Post 60222165)
Is this something Groulx does in Gatineau or are you speaking of Dumont in VD?

Really? Nobody else heard about this? Instead of having a Q & A with the fans like Dumont is evidently classy enough to do, Groulx blamed us all for making the players nervous.

I like Dumont. Dick Todd couldn't coach this year's Screaming Eagles team into a winner, but I think he'll find success in the coming years.

IHaveNoCreativity 02-22-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 60238173)
Really? Nobody else heard about this? Instead of having a Q & A with the fans like Dumont is evidently classy enough to do, Groulx blamed us all for making the players nervous.

I like Dumont. Dick Todd couldn't coach this year's Screaming Eagles team into a winner, but I think he'll find success in the coming years.

Ohhhh. I'm surprised Groulx said that... I thought highly of him... Bad coaches say things like that.

I said it when they hired him, Dumont will turn that team around.

Taoiseach 02-22-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 60241547)
Ohhhh. I'm surprised Groulx said that... I thought highly of him... Bad coaches say things like that.

I said it when they hired him, Dumont will turn that team around.

If he's just feeding ******** to the media, he's making himself look like an idiot with all of the excuses this year. If he actually believes what he said, he needs to be fired.

When Val-d'Or fired Dumont, I was hoping we'd see him back beside Groulx.

IHaveNoCreativity 02-22-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 60243221)
If he's just feeding ******** to the media, he's making himself look like an idiot with all of the excuses this year. If he actually believes what he said, he needs to be fired.

When Val-d'Or fired Dumont, I was hoping we'd see him back beside Groulx.

Doesn't Gatineau ownership love him ?

Dumont was thrown under in Val D'Or. That team wasn't ready.

Taoiseach 02-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 60250595)
Doesn't Gatineau ownership love him ?

Yes... But how long are they going to put up with him blaming the fans for the team's performance?

IHaveNoCreativity 02-22-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 60251983)
Yes... But how long are they going to put up with him blaming the fans for the team's performance?

That I don't know.