HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: A simple three way deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356393)

High On Oil 02-21-2013 11:05 AM

A simple three way deal

To Edmonton:
Jay Bouwmeester

To Columbus:
Ales Hemsky

To Calgary:
Derek Brassard
Edmonton 2nd
Columbus 2nd

Trading Hemsky, a lifelong Oiler who has quietly been having a great rebound season, is tough; however a Bouwmeester - J.Schultz pairing would be unreal.

Columbus deals Brassard, who has been the subject of countless trade rumors, for Hemsky, addressing their lack of natural right wingers. Hemsky would immediately become one of their most talented forwards.

Calgary trades Bouwmeester, who has also been in countless trade rumors, for a young center in Brassard. He would be an upgrade on most if not all the Flames' pivots.

In my opinion, each team deals from a position of strength to fill a need. All players have another year remaining on their contracts.

EDIT: apparently Calgary was getting hosed

StrongIslanders90 02-21-2013 11:07 AM

CGY gets Bent over imo

Fat Elvis 02-21-2013 11:08 AM

Cal can much much more.

High On Oil 02-21-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 60162657)
CGY gets Bent over imo

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP (Post 60162687)
Cal can much much more.

I think the return for Bouwmeester, at 6.7 million, won't be as much as what some fans are hoping, however Derek Brassard is a young top 6 talent with potential to be great. With that being said, maybe a second round pick each from Edmonton and Columbus added in? Three way trades are tough to balance e

joestevens29 02-21-2013 11:14 AM

I'll salute you as it's not that bad of a 3-way proposal. In real life there would be a few pieces more added, but overall not bad value.

spot 02-21-2013 11:18 AM

I think I would prefer to flip Hemsky+ to either the coyotes or leafs for yandle/pheneuf

High On Oil 02-21-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spot (Post 60163085)
I think I would prefer to flip Hemsky+ to either the coyotes or leafs for yandle/pheneuf

To be honest I don't think either are realistic trade options at this point, especially for Hemsky. Phoenix is undoubtedly asking for more than Hemsky and Gagner as a package, which is way too much to pay, and Phaneuf is 5th in league TOI/game on a team currently in a playoff position.

spot 02-21-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mLian (Post 60163453)
To be honest I don't think either are realistic trade options at this point, especially for Hemsky. Phoenix is undoubtedly asking for more than Hemsky and Gagner as a package, which is way too much to pay, and Phaneuf is 5th in league TOI/game on a team currently in a playoff position.

I agree, I just would rather not trade Hemsky for a guy who has a 6.7 million dollar cap hit and is less effective as the two aforementioned players.

PhiladelphiaKessel 02-21-2013 11:35 AM

For once I think Jaybo is getting underrated. Can't believe I just said that

Ollie Queen 02-21-2013 11:43 AM

Three ways are never simple.

Viqsi 02-21-2013 11:57 AM

This does not look at all good for Calgary. They'd probably want more coming back from Edmonton (since EDM's the ones getting Bouwmeester).

EDIT: Brassard and a 2nd for Hemsky would not be acceptable to Columbus. Our 2nd figures to be an exceptionally high one; we're not trading it in such a deal.

YP44 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

Calgary gets hosed.
Hemksy's value is really high right now. Althoug I could see him in Emdonton's long term plans it maybe wise for them to capatalize on this.

Petes2424 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mLian (Post 60162543)
To Edmonton:
Jay Bouwmeester

To Columbus:
Ales Hemsky

To Calgary:
Derek Brassard

Trading Hemsky, a lifelong Oiler who has quietly been having a great rebound season, is tough; however a Bouwmeester - J.Schultz pairing would be unreal.

Columbus deals Brassard, who has been the subject of countless trade rumors, for Hemsky, addressing their lack of natural right wingers. Hemsky would immediately become one of their most talented forwards.

Calgary trades Bouwmeester, who has also been in countless trade rumors, for a young center in Brassard. He would be an upgrade on most if not all the Flames' pivots.

In my opinion, each team deals from a position of strength to fill a need. All players have another year remaining on their contracts.

People need to really watch Bouwmeester play and not just look at his contract solely. Ales Hemsky is nowhere near what he's going to cost.

High On Oil 02-21-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petes2424 (Post 60165173)
People need to really watch Bouwmeester play and not just look at his contract solely. Ales Hemsky is nowhere near what he's going to cost.

This trade has nothing to do with his contract, but the needs of each team. I realize that it may take more than just Hemsky but the value of the two players is at least comparable, not "nowhere near". Also I would think Calgary would find Brassard more valuable than Hemsky.

YP44 02-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mLian (Post 60165585)
This trade has nothing to do with his contract, but the needs of each team. I realize that it may take more than just Hemsky but the value of the two players is at least comparable, not "nowhere near". Also I would think Calgary would find Brassard more valuable than Hemsky.

But i don't think they would find more value in Brassard over Jaybo.

caribouPINE 02-21-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 60166467)
But i don't think they would find more value in Brassard over Jaybo.

Add in a pair of (higher) 2nd's and savings of probably over $5M in cap space and it's not terrible.

Really, this isn't bad value at all.

Kezia 02-21-2013 12:43 PM

Terrible for Edmonton.

InjuredChoker 02-21-2013 03:12 PM

Brassard and 2nd for Hemsky? Meh, prefer long-term options.

BlueBaron 02-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caribouPINE (Post 60166821)
Add in a pair of (higher) 2nd's and savings of probably over $5M in cap space and it's not terrible.

Really, this isn't bad value at all.

I agree, but if I'm Columbus I would be nervous about Hemsky, he's so injury prone (but would be thier most talented forward). That said I think this is one of the better three way proposals I have seen. J-Bo on Edmonton would be a big difference. Brassard and 2 2nds would be nice for Calgary's rebuild.

Hotlanta 02-21-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spot (Post 60163761)
I agree, I just would rather not trade Hemsky for a guy who has a 6.7 million dollar cap hit and is less effective as the two aforementioned players.

Stat watching? Phaneuf would not get traded for Hemsky. Never. Would make 0 sense from the Leafs. Makes a lot more sense for EDM then for Toronto.

Oilfan2 02-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 60175943)
Stat watching? Phaneuf would not get traded for Hemsky. Never. Would make 0 sense from the Leafs. Makes a lot more sense for EDM then for Toronto.

I think he was talking about Bow..Not Dion...

Bourne Endeavor 02-21-2013 03:33 PM

Shockingly... Calgary would get more for Jaybo. Wow... almost feel like the world should end any moment for saying that.

It's not a bad start though.

TurdFerguson 02-21-2013 05:10 PM

If Calgary is planning on rebuilding, they'll gladly take half of JayBo's cap hit and get some very nice pieces for him.

TrickRider 02-21-2013 05:17 PM

I think Edmonton's the only team that comes out ahead here. I think Calgary could get much better offers for Bouwmeester and I can't see Columbus giving up that much for Hemsky.

14eberle 02-21-2013 05:50 PM

we should keep Hemsky, and if we want JBo, focus on getting him via picks and prospects. A 1st rounder + Tobias Reider + 1 of the 5/6 D's we have, should be enough!