HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Rebuilding of the C of Red - Rebuilding Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356497)

Volica 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

The Rebuilding of the C of Red - Rebuilding Thread
 
So, the Trade proposals/Rumours sticky has more or less become the how to rebuild Calgary thread; so, why not make a thread completely devoted to how to rebuild the Flames.

Current Lineup:

Michael Cammalleri - Alex Tanguay - Jarome Iginla
Roman Cervenka - Roman Horak - Jiri Hudler
Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - Lee Stempniak
Blake Comeau - Steve Begin - Tim Jackman

Defensive Pairings

Mark Giordano - Jay Bouwmeester
T.J. Brodie - Dennis Wideman
Chris Butler - Cory Sarich/Smith/Babchuk

Goalies:
Joey MacDonald
Danny Taylor
Leland Irving

Injuries:
Miikka Kiprusoff, Mikael Backlund, Sven Bärtschi, Lance Bouma

Current Cap Payroll:
$65,973,055

Next Year Cap Payroll:
$49,385,000
Projected space:
$14,915,000

Projected 2012-2013 Record:
16 - 22 - 10 = 42 Points
Projected 2012-2013 Draft position:
4th-7th Overall pick

Top Prospects Per Category (HF Rating):

Forwards:
John Gaudreau (2015 Availability), Mark Jankowski (2016 Availability), Max Reinhart, Markus Granlund, Greg Nemisz

Defense:
Tyler Wotherspoon, Chris Breen, Patrick Sieloff, John Ramage

Goal:
Karri Ramo, Laurent Brossoit, Jon Gillies (2016 Availability), Joni Ortio

Current Average Height/Weight - All skaters (not including Goalies) to gear up for Calgary average.

1.837 M - 6 Foot, 0.3 inches
194.75 Lbs

Free Agents 2013 (Just a few of each category):


Centers:
Elias, Patrik » C NJD 36 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, Ryan » C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, Mike » C WAS 33 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Connolly, Tim » C TOR 31 $4,750,000 2013 (UFA)
McDonald, Andy » C STL 35 $4,700,000 2013 (UFA)

Left Wings:
Morrow, Brenden» L DAL 34 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Clowe, Ryane » L SJS 30 $3,625,000 2013 (UFA)
Gagne, Simon » L LAK 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
MacArthur,Clarke»L TOR 27 $3,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Penner, Dustin » L LAK 30 $3,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Filppula, Valtteri »L DET 28 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Cleary, Danny » L DET 34 $2,800,000 2013 (UFA)

Right Wings:
Semin, Alexander »R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Iginla, Jarome » R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Perry, Corey » R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Alfredsson, Daniel »R OTT 40 $4,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Jagr, Jaromir » R DAL 41 $4,550,000 2013 (UFA)
Selanne, Teemu » R ANA 42 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Bouchard, P-M » R MIN 28 $4,080,000 2013 (UFA)
Horton, Nathan » R BOS 27 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Ryder, Michael » R DAL 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Clarkson, David » R NJD 28 $2,666,667 2013 (UFA)

Defensemen:
Visnovsky, Lubomir »D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 31 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Regehr, Robyn » D BUF 32 $4,020,000 2013 (UFA)
Zidlicky, Marek » D NJD 36 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Whitney, Ryan » D EDM 30 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Hamrlik, Roman » D WAS 38 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Scuderi, Rob » D LAK 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Leopold, Jordan » D BUF 32 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)


The idea here is to suggest trades and signings that would rebuild Calgary. Goal is to have the most competitive team the soonest possible; Post the lineup going in. It'd also be good to include cap and other useful information.

TheHudlinator 02-21-2013 01:28 PM

I like the thread idea.

Iginla + Nemisz + Sarich for 1st + Bennett + Dumoulin

Jbo for Zibanejad + 2014 2nd

Giordano + Stajan for Schwartz + Cole

Kipper to Tampa/SJ/Florida/Chicago for a 2nd

Stempniak for Watson (we most likely have to add)

Cammy at half price for 1st + Irwin

Next season

Tanguay - Backlund - Bennet
Sven - Hudler - Cervenka
Shwartz - Zib - Glencross

nogger 02-21-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60169887)
I like the thread idea.

Iginla + Nemisz + Sarich for 1st + Bennett + Dumoulin

Jbo for Zibanejad + 2014 1st

Giordano + Stajan for Schwartz + Cole

Kipper to Tampa/SJ/Florida/Chicago for a 2nd

Then draft Mackinnon and poof, rebuild over.

fallsviewafro 02-21-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60169887)
I like the thread idea.

Iginla + Nemisz + Sarich for 1st + Bennett + Dumoulin

Jbo for Zibanejad + 2014 1st

Giordano + Stajan for Schwartz + Cole


Kipper to Tampa/SJ/Florida/Chicago for a 2nd

This is why everyone thinks we're crazy. This isn't wishful thinking, it's stupid. No one who isn't Calgary does this.

Volica 02-21-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallsviewafro (Post 60170223)
This is why everyone thinks we're crazy. This isn't wishful thinking, it's stupid. No one who isn't Calgary does this.

I agree: Mika Zibanejad for Jbo is already a so-so trade for the Sens, throw in the first and it's not quite there.

TheHudlinator 02-21-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallsviewafro (Post 60170223)
This is why everyone thinks we're crazy. This isn't wishful thinking, it's stupid. No one who isn't Calgary does this.

Meant 2014 2nd and both were suggested by other teams fans,:help:

Volica 02-21-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60170409)
Meant 2014 2nd and both were suggested by other teams fans,:help:

Yeah, a second is maybe there. Depends on how desperate Sens are for a D-man. I don't know if they'd part ways with probably their best prospect, or at least top 3.

Saying that, I think Jbo has shown that this year he could fetch a great return when he's playing in the right system.

TheHudlinator 02-21-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miokid (Post 60170613)
Yeah, a second is maybe there. Depends on how desperate Sens are for a D-man. I don't know if they'd part ways with probably their best prospect, or at least top 3.

Saying that, I think Jbo has shown that this year he could fetch a great return when he's playing in the right system.

With Spezza and Turris the center position is locked up for years in Ottawa so Zib isn't as big of a loss they also have Silverberg who can be a top 6 winger and who ever else they draft.

Volica 02-21-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60170857)
With Spezza and Turris the center position is locked up for years in Ottawa so Zib isn't as big of a loss they also have Silverberg who can be a top 6 winger and who ever else they draft.

He'd look good in a Flames uniform; that being said, I always picture him as a small guy, he's most definitely not lol.

TheHudlinator 02-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miokid (Post 60170949)
He'd look good in a Flames uniform; that being said, I always picture him as a small guy, he's most definitely not lol.

No he really isn't.

Body Checker 02-21-2013 02:21 PM

Trades (this season):

Kiprusoff (to Tor) for Percy, 2013 1st
Cammalleri (to Buff) for Stafford
Sarich, Giordano (to NYR) for JT Miller, 2013 3rd
Comeau (to Pitts) 2013 4th
Iginla, Stajan, Butler (to Bos) for Krecji, Caron, Krug, 2013 1st

Draft:

Stempniak (to CBJ) for Nikitin
I am going to predict we draft #3,#20 and #30. Draft Sasha Barkov, Anthony Mantha and Jacob De la Rose.

Free agency:

Sign Ryan O'Byrne. Re-sign MacDonald, Cerevenka, sign Raamo

Lineup:

Hudler-Krecji-Cervenka
Glencross-Tanguay-Stafford
Baertschi-Backlund-Miller
Bouma-Horak-Caron
Jones-Jackman

Nikitin-Bouwmeester
Brodie-Wideman
Krug-O'Byrne
Smith

Raamo, MacDonald

Not a total rebuild but try to be competitive and if still suck then move more guys at 2014 deadline.

InfinityIggy 02-21-2013 02:21 PM

Would love Zibby here, was one of my favorite players in the draft. Having said that, I would be shocked if they moved him for Bouw.

TheHudlinator 02-21-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 60172807)
Would love Zibby here, was one of my favorite players in the draft. Having said that, I would be shocked if they moved him for Bouw.

Given that Karlsson is down but could be back for the playoffs, it wouldn't be huge surprise if they did make a move for Jbo especially when it won't cost them a roster player.

Skobel24 02-21-2013 02:45 PM

Trading everyone would be a mistake. If picks wind up being busts/not working out, we lose everything and gain nothing. We can't put everything into one draft.

Trade Iginla, Giordano, Kipper, Stempniak, Stajan, Sarich for picks/prospects

Next season, go with (assuming no prospects we gain in trades get slotted in)

Glencross - Tanguay - Cammalleri
Hudler - Backlund - Baertschi
Cervenka - Horak - UFA
Bouma - Aliu - Jackman

PP Line 1:
Hudler - Tanguay - Baertschi
Cammalleri - Wideman

PK Line 1:
Glencross - Aliu - Bouma
Bouwmeester - UFA/Brodie

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Brodie - UFA
Smith - Butler

#1A - Ramo
#2A - Irving

If we're out of the running again next season, then deal Bouw (assuming Brodie and a few others continue to develop) and Cammalleri.

JustChatting 02-21-2013 02:53 PM

I don't have a specific trade in mind but I think the Flames are too loyal to their players. Which then messes with their asset management.

They 'say' they will not trade Iginla. But they should be saying... "If the right offer comes up anybody can be traded."

Look at some of the other teams out there that makes trades to better their teams. Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, LA etc.

Skobel24 02-21-2013 03:00 PM

Edit: Ignore this post.

Zoombie 02-21-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustChatting (Post 60174521)
I don't have a specific trade in mind but I think the Flames are too loyal to their players. Which then messes with their asset management.

They 'say' they will not trade Iginla. But they should be saying... "If the right offer comes up anybody can be traded."

Look at some of the other teams out there that makes trades to better their teams. Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, LA etc.

They can't really say that about a player with a NMC though...

JustChatting 02-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoombie (Post 60175469)
They can't really say that about a player with a NMC though...

Yes, NMC can be worked with but if the player doesn't want to be traded then the Flames can't do anything.

Perro 02-21-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Body Checker (Post 60172779)
Trades (this season):

Kiprusoff (to Tor) for Percy, 2013 1st
Cammalleri (to Buff) for Stafford
Sarich, Giordano (to NYR) for JT Miller, 2013 3rd
Comeau (to Pitts) 2013 4th
Iginla, Stajan, Butler (to Bos) for Krecji, Caron, Krug, 2013 1st

Draft:

Stempniak (to CBJ) for Nikitin
I am going to predict we draft #3,#20 and #30. Draft Sasha Barkov, Anthony Mantha and Jacob De la Rose.

Free agency:

Sign Ryan O'Byrne. Re-sign MacDonald, Cerevenka, sign Raamo

Lineup:

Hudler-Krecji-Cervenka
Glencross-Tanguay-Stafford
Baertschi-Backlund-Miller
Bouma-Horak-Caron
Jones-Jackman

Nikitin-Bouwmeester
Brodie-Wideman
Krug-O'Byrne
Smith

Raamo, MacDonald

Not a total rebuild but try to be competitive and if still suck then move more guys at 2014 deadline.

Barkov would be great

Adirondack Flames 02-21-2013 04:45 PM

I always have been and always will be against trading away top players with the intent of losing to gain a higher pick.

That said I have no problem moving players under the following circumstances.

1) The player is about to become a free agent and it is better to get something than nothing.

2) The player has a contract that is not desirable.

3) The player has expressed a desire to play elsewhere

4) If its a hockey trade, this would be a trade that could have a positive impact either this season or next.


What people seem to forget is while we could move Iginla, Tanguay, Bouwmeester, Giordao, Cammalleri, Glencross..... etc and load up on 1st and 2nd round draft picks, they would still be at best mid-round picks, which significantly reduces the chance of the pick panning out. Trades for futures often don't work out well.

Volica 02-21-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat (Post 60179787)
What people seem to forget is while we could move Iginla, Tanguay, Bouwmeester, Giordao, Cammalleri, Glencross..... etc and load up on 1st and 2nd round draft picks, they would still be at best mid-round picks, which significantly reduces the chance of the pick panning out. Trades for futures often don't work out well.

I think the idea is grabbing a lot of top prospects along with the picks.
Also, getting some from future years is always a great idea. Look at Columbus, they got two firsts this year, LA's not playing well and NY isn't top tier.

Chris Butler 02-21-2013 05:20 PM

Rebuilding now is pretty much the best time possible to do it. Unlike Edmonton, we won't have to tank for 5 years because we have tons of assets that can fetch huge returns

Adirondack Flames 02-21-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miokid (Post 60180551)
I think the idea is grabbing a lot of top prospects along with the picks.
Also, getting some from future years is always a great idea. Look at Columbus, they got two firsts this year, LA's not playing well and NY isn't top tier.

Columbus acquired those picks last year and in the off season, it's not the same situation.

At the trade deadline you rarely receive a pick that is not a middle-late round pick for the upcoming draft.

Volica 02-21-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat (Post 60182609)
Columbus acquired those picks last year and in the off season, it's not the same situation.

At the trade deadline you rarely receive a pick that is not a middle-late round pick for the upcoming draft.

Wanna check when the Carter trade happened by chance?

Adirondack Flames 02-21-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miokid (Post 60183645)
Wanna check when the Carter trade happened by chance?

yeah, LAST SEASON

What don't you understand? When Carter was traded the 2012 draft was the upcoming draft. He got a 2013 pick, which was not the upcoming draft at the time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.