HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Defensive and forward help to Carolina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356687)

jeromeo87 02-21-2013 05:58 PM

Defensive and forward help to Carolina
 
With injuries to Skinner, McBain, Pitkanen, Gleason, Brent and Ruutu, Carolina's depth is looking...:cry: They need help. Just wondering what it would take to acquire the following:

From Calgary - Giordano (or Sarich) and Stempniak
From Colorado - O'Bryne and Hejduk (or Jones)
From Dallas - Robidas and Morrow (or Ryder)
From Minnesota - Falk and Setoguchi (or Clutterbuck)
From New York Islanders - Visnovsky (or Streit) and Okposo (or Boyes)
From Winnipeg - Stuart and Wellwood

That's just some I have come up with.

SLAPSHOT723 02-21-2013 06:05 PM

Well from the way your'e describing it, it doesn't seem like you're willing to give up NHL talent, more so picks and prospects. If I'm trading Okposo, I would want McBain back.

Lonewolfe2015 02-21-2013 06:08 PM

O'Byrne for a 2nd or a 3rd and 4th/5th perhaps? Hejduk is injured and unavailable, I personally would rather keep Jones, but if you offer something decent he might be able to move too.

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 60183279)
Well from the way your'e describing it, it doesn't seem like you're willing to give up NHL talent, more so picks and prospects. If I'm trading Okposo, I would want McBain back.

I would say some NHL talent is probably available. McBain, Jokinen and LaRose all would be available for the right deal, I believe.

Roboturner913 02-22-2013 11:55 AM

Of the guys listed Giordano fills the biggest need, but then everybody is looking for somebody like him.

I'm not sure McBain is quite the bargaining chip some fans around the league believe he is. Would probably take another decent prospect to land one of these fish. Rask is the obvious guy other teams would want but not even JR would be dumb enough to trade him right now.

Neil Hamburger 02-22-2013 12:23 PM

What would you offer for Macarthur/Kulemin + Gunnarson?

Ace Rimmer 02-22-2013 02:58 PM

For Giordano & Stempniak...

Something like Rask & 2013 1st & cap dump

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 60259547)
For Giordano & Stempniak...

Something like Rask & 2013 1st & cap dump

Don't see Carolina trading their 1st two years in a row.

How about Rask, Nash and a 2nd?

Badger Mayhew* 02-22-2013 06:29 PM

What does Carolina have a surplus of?

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 60269543)
What does Carolina have a surplus of?

With the likes of McBain, Sanguinetti and Murphy, probably offensive dmen.. Don't think Murphy would be available, could be wrong. McBain would be available, only if another dman is coming back. I would say all other prospects and picks are probably available, and maybe someone like LaRose and Nodl.

TheHudlinator 02-22-2013 06:33 PM

I doubt we move Gio without getting a first.

For Sarich + Stempniak I think Dalpe + 2nd would do it.

I think this helps both teams and fills holes on both rosters.

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60269733)
I doubt we move Gio without getting a first.

For Sarich + Stempniak I think Dalpe + 2nd would do it.

I think this helps both teams and fills holes on both rosters.

Definitely would prefer to try to put a package together for Gio, but Dalpe + 2nd for Sarich + Stempniak doesn't sound that bad..

TheHudlinator 02-22-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 60269829)
Definitely would prefer to try to put a package together for Gio, but Dalpe + 2nd for Sarich + Stempniak doesn't sound that bad..

The problem is Gio is probably our best trading chip, we won't move unless we are getting a very good package in return and unless you guys could handle Rask + 1st I doubt either side would do it. By moving Gio we either have to find another top 4 defensemen or rebuild and this team just won't rebuild. As we aren't rebuilding we need an nhl centermen who is young Dalpe fits that description.

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60270027)
The problem is Gio is probably our best trading chip, we won't move unless we are getting a very good package in return and unless you guys could handle Rask + 1st I doubt either side would do it. By moving Gio we either have to find another top 4 defensemen or rebuild and this team just won't rebuild. As we aren't rebuilding we need an nhl centermen who is young Dalpe fits that description.

You guys might like McBain. Top 4 offensive dman. We just have so many players like him. We need someone with more of a defensive mindset.

McBain, Rask and a 2nd for Gio and Stempniak?

TheHudlinator 02-22-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 60270159)
You guys might like McBain. Top 4 offensive dman. We just have so many players like him. We need someone with more of a defensive mindset.

McBain, Rask and a 2nd for Gio and Stempniak?

I would probably do that.

jeromeo87 02-22-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 60270279)
I would probably do that.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice package. I doubt JR makes a move like this, though. Gio would be pretty perfect. Does/can he play the right side?

Big Daddy Cane 02-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 60270159)
You guys might like McBain. Top 4 offensive dman. We just have so many players like him. We need someone with more of a defensive mindset.

McBain, Rask and a 2nd for Gio and Stempniak?

I'd rather do Rask + 1st. McBain + 2nd > 1st.

TheHudlinator 02-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 60270387)
Yeah, it's a pretty nice package. I doubt JR makes a move like this, though. Gio would be pretty perfect. Does/can he play the right side?

I believe he can play either side.

birddog* 02-22-2013 07:01 PM

JR likes former Leafs. Brent, Harrison, Tlusty....


Liles and MacArthur....

Ace Rimmer 02-22-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 60270159)
You guys might like McBain. Top 4 offensive dman. We just have so many players like him. We need someone with more of a defensive mindset.

McBain, Rask and a 2nd for Gio and Stempniak?

I'd probably do that.

McBain would also fit in nicely with our current Simpsons avatars. ;)

seanlinden 02-22-2013 08:29 PM

Ask yourself this.... why would any team, at this point in the season, want to get worse??

If you're a team that's starting to view yourself as a seller, you know to wait until the deadline. The moves to be made now, are hockey moves. NHL players for NHL players.

seanlinden 02-22-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birddog (Post 60271079)
JR likes former Leafs. Brent, Harrison, Tlusty....


Liles and MacArthur....

And what is Carolina going to offer that helps the Leafs now more than those 2?

CB Joe 02-22-2013 08:37 PM

O'Byrne for LaRose

Swag Surf Aho 02-22-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 60276991)
O'Byrne for LaRose

Interesting proposal. Possibly a Bryan Allen-esque replacement for Gleason's pairing. On top of that deal, how about a little ROR proposal.

ROR and O'Bryne for Rask, McBain, LaRose+ 2nd.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.