HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fire Rob Ray (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1356911)

WNY to NoVA 02-21-2013 08:59 PM

Fire Rob Ray

He can't be as dumb to think these games are "solid efforts" and the team "showed a lot"

enough already.

pure ****

comeonnow 02-21-2013 09:00 PM

This, that is all....

sabresfan129103 02-21-2013 09:00 PM

Well they did fire Lindy. Maybe they'll do something else that makes sense and let Brian Duff do color commentary.

ClearedButNotOut 02-21-2013 09:01 PM

I approve this thread...he's embarrassing...

BuiltTagonTough 02-21-2013 09:01 PM

Fire Doug Allen :sarcasm:

But yeah he's terrible. Remember when we got to hear Robitaille rip the team in between every period? I'd rather that than this clearly wrong puff.

HockeyH3aven 02-21-2013 09:02 PM

Welcome to the bandwagon boys, still plenty of room.

You can't really blame Ray for not knowing a damn thing about what good hockey looks like, because he sure as well never played any of it.

ClearedButNotOut 02-21-2013 09:03 PM

I like to play the game where I drink when Ray slurs like he's been drinking...I'm not sure I can keep it up...

WNY to NoVA 02-21-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat (Post 60210597)
I like to play the game where I drink when Ray slurs like he's been drinking...I'm not sure I can keep it up...

personal fav of the night was the 15 different ways to say JVR's name.

in fact, he just gave up at the end and said JVR once or twice

Daz28 02-21-2013 09:05 PM

New scapegoat.

I knew someone would get the title.

It's Rayzors fault! He keeps telling them solid effort, so the keep doing it. Quick, catch Lindy before he gets in the cab.

jfb392 02-21-2013 09:05 PM

He shouldn't even be part of a broadcast team given his poor grasp on the English language.

chadthestampede 02-21-2013 09:05 PM

Rob Ray is the least of this team's problems. There's a million things they should fix before him. I personally couldn't care less about what he does or doesn't know.

kirby11 02-21-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat (Post 60210597)

I think your liver will hate you soon if you keep playing that game :laugh:

Daz28 02-21-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadthestampede (Post 60210945)
Rob Ray is the least of this team's problems. There's a million things they should fix before him. I personally couldn't care less about what he does or doesn't know.

I'm pretty sure this thread is just for kicks. Well, maybe a couple people are serious. lol

ClearedButNotOut 02-21-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby11 (Post 60211231)
I think your liver will hate you soon if you keep playing that game :laugh:

It's not so much my liver as my wallet :laugh:

BuiltTagonTough 02-21-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz28 (Post 60210793)
New scapegoat.

I knew someone would get the title.

It's Rayzors fault! He keeps telling them solid effort, so the keep doing it. Quick, catch Lindy before he gets in the cab.

It's not a scapegoat thing so much as his commentary is completely devoid of things like reality. Move him back in between the benches and let Duff do commentary.

Of course this team has bigger fish to fry. :laugh: Like another fireplace. :sarcasm:

Timbo Slice 02-21-2013 09:14 PM

He's unbelievably stupid. It's torture having to listen to him. Can "Hockey Heaven" really not find anyone better than Rob Ray and Kevin Sylvester?

sba 02-21-2013 09:15 PM

He was terrible before being a color guy, he's even worse now.

start winnin 02-21-2013 09:15 PM

Fire everyone

Daz28 02-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster (Post 60212815)
It's not a scapegoat thing so much as his commentary is completely devoid of things like reality. Move him back in between the benches and let Duff do commentary.

Of course this team has bigger fish to fry. :laugh: Like another fireplace. :sarcasm:

Oh I hear ya brother. I was just making a funny.

...but really, maybe we can convince Lindy it was an early April fools joke.

New Sabres Captain 02-21-2013 09:25 PM

He actually was making some semblance of progress over the past few years...going from always saying something stupid to occasionally making a good point...but now he's gone full Sabres cheerleader and it's pretty disappointing. He's afraid to call anyone out--hell not even the other team. Everyone's a winner with Rob Ray!

vcv 02-21-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadthestampede (Post 60210945)

Ah, the old "teams are only capable of doing one thing at a time, ever" and "if you fix one thing, you're done, you're not allowed to fix anything else" counter arguments. My favorite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 60214961)
He actually was making some semblance of progress over the past few years...going from always saying something stupid to occasionally making a good point...but now he's gone full Sabres cheerleader and it's pretty disappointing. He's afraid to call anyone out--hell not even the other team. Everyone's a winner with Rob Ray!

Completely agree. I thought between the benches he would provide some interesting and unique insight. Now that's gone completely and he's a idiotic puppet.

chadthestampede 02-21-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcv (Post 60215459)
Ah, the old "teams are only capable of doing one thing at a time, ever" and "if you fix one thing, you're done, you're not allowed to fix anything else" counter arguments. My favorite.

Clearly this team is only capable of fixing one thing at a time, if that.

DynamicxSabresFan 02-21-2013 09:31 PM

He reminds me of Chris Brown from the Bills

Dixon Ward 02-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 60214961)

i thought he did fairly well as the third man in last year, but he's proved that he is not capable of handling full-time color duties. i'd like to see them hire a legit color guy (and play-by-play guy for that matter) and reduce rayzor's role to just a handful of reports per period.

Paxon 02-21-2013 09:33 PM

He's awful and I can't stand listening to his voice the amount of time I now have to hear it. This is way above his head and he has no business being a full blown color commentator.