HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Rob Hisey's spectacular goal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=135692)

Accord 03-23-2005 01:07 AM

Rob Hisey's spectacular goal

Did anyone see this goal? It was #1 on the SportsCenter Top 10 list tonight.

This goal puts the Michigan goal to shame, easily one of the sickest goals ever.

EDIT: Here is a link to a video of the goal: www.jagauthentics.com/hiseygoal.wmv

kingpest19 03-23-2005 01:20 AM

www.petesvideos.com/hisey.wmv

not sure how to hyperlink it but thats it

thedjpd 03-23-2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19
www.petesvideos.com/hisey.wmv

not sure how to hyperlink it but thats it

Hmm doesn't work for me..

IkeaMonkey* 03-23-2005 01:35 AM

His link doesnt work...but that goal was absolutely gross.

Accord 03-23-2005 01:46 AM

Here's a working link: www.jagauthentics.com/hiseygoal.wmv

bleedgreen 03-23-2005 02:09 AM

its sweet to see, and its an amazing move - but the 11 year olds i ref on the weekends pull this one off in warm ups all the time. i havent seen any pull it off in a game - but its a roller hockey favorite for a couple of years now. i was wondering how long it would take to appear on tv somewhere.

i wouldnt put it ahead of the michigan - it wasnt in a game situation. as amazing as it is, what a guy pulls off in a warm up or skills event isnt comparable to the brass required to do it in a game that counts.

Naych_PHX 03-23-2005 02:26 AM

Sometimes i wonder if these "amazing shots" are just because of bad goaltending.

Chootoi 03-23-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LousyBoyPHX
Sometimes i wonder if these "amazing shots" are just because of bad goaltending.

yeah, the goalie in that clip didn't even move - he just stood there. not that you could do much else except stand there and let it hit you. :dunno:

DJmastamind 03-23-2005 09:57 AM

That is still an amazing goal though!

TexSen 03-23-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJmastamind
That is still an amazing goal though!

Absolutely!

Let's just knock off the "well I could........" and appreciate it.

Congrats to you too if you do it every game in warm-ups or whatever....but don't tear the guy just 'cause he did and you can too.

Lessy 03-23-2005 02:53 PM

That was a disgusting goal, and deserves to be right up there with the Michigan State goal, these were two of the best plays of the past five years in all of sports, ok maybe just hockey. That could be up there for sportscenter play of the year.

bleedgreen 03-23-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSen
Absolutely!

Let's just knock off the "well I could........" and appreciate it.

Congrats to you too if you do it every game in warm-ups or whatever....but don't tear the guy just 'cause he did and you can too.

i didnt tear anyone - and i didnt say i could do it either. just saying kids do this move all the time in the same circumstances - and its even more impressive live. i do think it matters about being in a game, but youre absolutely right - it belongs amongst the plays of the year.

fredez 03-23-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
i didnt tear anyone - and i didnt say i could do it either. just saying kids do this move all the time in the same circumstances - and its even more impressive live. i do think it matters about being in a game, but youre absolutely right - it belongs amongst the plays of the year.

What kind of kids are you watching man? No kids can pull this move.

Absolutely sick move, wow!

Howard35 03-23-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

its sweet to see, and its an amazing move - but the 11 year olds i ref on the weekends pull this one off in warm ups all the time. i havent seen any pull it off in a game - but its a roller hockey favorite for a couple of years now. i was wondering how long it would take to appear on tv somewhere.

i wouldnt put it ahead of the michigan - it wasnt in a game situation. as amazing as it is, what a guy pulls off in a warm up or skills event isnt comparable to the brass required to do it in a game that counts.

yea its aroller hockey trick, but i havent seen many be able to do it without the gripper, only a few, and ive seen some of the best players in lower michigan play..

btw, have you ever seen a kid break in on a breakaway and turn the stick all the way around and use the butt-end and nail it in 5-hole, yea that was a sight

Twist and Shout 03-23-2005 03:01 PM

Nice goal. We pull it off in practice all the time, but I haven't actually seen it done in a game.

Edit: Isn't that a Skills Competition?

Levitate 03-23-2005 03:06 PM

yeah that wasn't a real game...and wtf was the goalie doing

bleedgreen 03-23-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez
What kind of kids are you watching man? No kids can pull this move.

Absolutely sick move, wow!

im not kidding. roller kids do this move in warm ups. i see kids practicing it all the time, just like everyone practiced the michigan when it happened. one of the kids shows me his progress with it weekly.i first saw this move in a roller warm up at a junior aged tournament about 4 years ago. like i said before - ive been waiting for someone good at it to pull it off at a higher level. kudos to hisey, im not trying to discredit it at all.

PanthersRule96 03-23-2005 03:13 PM

I've been on the ice with Hisey once, the summer b4 last. He's got some sick talent. Too bad he wasn't bigger.

fredez 03-23-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

im not kidding. roller kids do this move in warm ups. i see kids practicing it all the time, just like everyone practiced the michigan when it happened. one of the kids shows me his progress with it weekly.i first saw this move in a roller warm up at a junior aged tournament about 4 years ago. like i said before - ive been waiting for someone good at it to pull it off at a higher level. kudos to hisey, im not trying to discredit it at all.

Okay so your talking about 18-19 years old kids, I guess we don't have the same signification of kids hehe. I thought you meant 10-12 years old

bleedgreen 03-23-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez
Okay so your talking about 18-19 years old kids, I guess we don't have the same signification of kids hehe. I thought you meant 10-12 years old

i should have gone into more details. the first time i saw it tried was a junior kid. the kid i see practicing every week is 13. ive seen 11 year olds try it and occasionally they come pretty close - a few have succeded. these kids arent even the best players at their own rink at their age groups. ive seen kids - i dont know for sure how old, between 12-14 - pull it off at tourney level warmups. i just assume if this is the level ive seen it - the better kids at even higher levels do it all the time. the point is, its a move thats attempted with zeal at every level of roller hockey ive been part of (ive been around). with mixed success, but there are definitely kids under 14 that can pull this off at the rinks i ref at.

me personally, i would trip myself even trying it. i can do the michigan....if you give me a couple minutes back there. again, to see it executed so smoothly at such a higher level is awesome.

USC Trojans 03-23-2005 03:53 PM

I have a recommendation for the all star game.

Why don't we add a tricks contest where players are free to perform tricks and score goals like that guy in the video. It'll be like the slam dunk contest and they'll be scored by judges.

bleedgreen 03-23-2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Trojans

Why don't we add a tricks contest where players are free to perform tricks and score goals like that guy in the video. It'll be like the slam dunk contest and they'll be scored by judges.

im sure traditionalists would be offended...but id love it. the kids/guys i play with and ref can do you some sick things with a puck - i cant imagine what people with pro level skill can do. id watch it for sure - and the kids would freak out to watch it. good for hockey growth.

soya_sauce_chicken 03-23-2005 04:12 PM

that's a good idea USC... i think it can even bring in new fans if they were to do something like that and have it aired...
that is one sick goal..

VanIslander 03-23-2005 04:15 PM

It's a gimmicky circus move on skates... It's not a move that helps a player during the game. It's not a hockey move per se. I'm not impressed.

Even that other lacrosee-like move - balancing the puck on the stick and coming around to the front of the net - has a more practical use, could be part of the game sometimes.

fredez 03-23-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Trojans

Great idea!

I'm sure NHLers could pull some amazing moves we never thought of