HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bos - phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1357073)

LeafsRockForBabcock 02-21-2013 11:00 PM

Bos - phi

Just curious here, what about something around

:flyers

Dougie Hamilton

:bruins

Sean Couturier

Could be another JVR - Schenn type trade. Flyers have Giroux and Schenn as their first two centers, and recieve a potential #1 to help their longterm defence.

Boston loses their defence prospect but gains a top shutdown center, who is big and also has top line potential.

PayItForward 02-21-2013 11:01 PM

Why does Boston need another center?

The Dangly One 02-21-2013 11:04 PM

This is terrible. Like how many shut down centers does Boston need? They have the reigning selke winner lol

LeafsRockForBabcock 02-21-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PayItForward (Post 60224709)
Why does Boston need another center?

He could be converted to wing, make a potential star line with Seguin - Cout :naughty:

Cory Trevor 02-21-2013 11:08 PM

So many reasons to not do this but first and foremost the Bruins have a loaded top six and Dougie's the best Bruins D prospect in a long long time. The value's not far off but Bruins have absolutely no reason to do this.

PayItForward 02-21-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Reim (Post 60225061)
He could be converted to wing, make a potential star line with Seguin - Cout :naughty:

I guess I just don't see why Boston does this. Pretty pointless for them. For one, they could just go after O'Reilly if they really wanted too. Two, they have Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin, Kelly, Peverly... they don't need another center. Hamilton has helped them a lot this year already and I doubt they're going to give him up for a player they don't need.

CS 02-22-2013 12:00 AM

Does Philadelphia want a do over? No.

Philadelphia wants Couturier AND Hamilton. While it would theoretically be nice to get Hamilton for Couturier and slide Laughton in there, I don't think the Flyers' brass has any intention of moving Couturier. I don't know if I'd like to trade Couturier for Hamilton either, but having a young, potential #1 defenseman with size would be nice.

nmbr_24 02-22-2013 05:10 AM

Hamilton is the guy the Bruins want, he fits what they need, it wouldn't make sense to move him for a center or anyone unless a team really overpaid.

nmbr_24 02-22-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 60229225)
Does Philadelphia want a do over? No.

Philadelphia wants Couturier AND Hamilton. While it would theoretically be nice to get Hamilton for Couturier and slide Laughton in there, I don't think the Flyers' brass has any intention of moving Couturier. I don't know if I'd like to trade Couturier for Hamilton either, but having a young, potential #1 defenseman with size would be nice.

I'm sure the Bruins wouldn't mind having Couturier without moving Hamilton, but I agree, these aren't players that their teams are just going to trade when both of them have such great potential. They both could be core players on their teams for many years and both teams are happy to have them.

GoBs 02-22-2013 06:30 AM

No from the bruins.

Diskothek 02-22-2013 06:39 AM

No, no and no again. Doesn't make sense for us.

IrishPaulie 02-22-2013 07:18 AM

One team trades strength for need. The other trades need for strength? Makes zero sense for the B's.

IceDaddy 02-22-2013 08:06 AM

I wont comment on the value but personally I would want Hamilton before Coots

Oates2Neely 02-22-2013 08:11 AM

Hamilton fill a HUGE void in Boston, he's not going anywhere.

However value is good, OP just didnt account for Boston's needs.

dredeye 02-22-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Reim (Post 60224593)
Just curious here, what about something around

:flyers

Dougie Hamilton

:bruins

Sean Couturier

Could be another JVR - Schenn type trade. Flyers have Giroux and Schenn as their first two centers, and recieve a potential #1 to help their longterm defence.

Boston loses their defence prospect but gains a top shutdown center, who is big and also has top line potential.

stick to making leafs proposals.

Tripod 02-22-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 60238313)
Hamilton fill a HUGE void in Boston, he's not going anywhere.

However value is good, OP just didnt account for Boston's needs.

agreed on all points here^^^^^

Value is there...needs are not

Buckets and Gloves 02-22-2013 08:23 AM

value is fair, but does not consider Boston needs so they decline.

zaYG 02-22-2013 10:55 AM

We are ecstatic that you took Couterier before Hamilton. Why would we deal him?

JoeIsAStud 02-22-2013 11:55 AM

Honestly Hamilton is arguably the most untouchable player on the Bruins right now. The Bruins have no one else who can even begin to replace what he has for a skill-set

Hamilton has been better than the Bruins could have ever expected up to this point, and really does look like a guy who will be a #1 franchise guy for a decade or two