HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: 2/22/13 panthers v Pitt. an alien has landed? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1357433)

adam graves 02-22-2013 10:43 AM

2/22/13 panthers v Pitt. an alien has landed?

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

pb1300 02-22-2013 10:48 AM

How good has that Neal trade worked out for the Pens. Him and Malkin scare me as much as any tandem in the league.

adam graves 02-22-2013 10:55 AM

My hopes is the D instinctively works hard to help the kid as much as possible. I'm confident on him on lst saves.
Jeez b2b against an angry Pittsburgh team.

This'll be fun. My kingdom for a point.

CanadianPanther 02-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 60245169)
My hopes is the D instinctively works hard to help the kid as much as possible. I'm confident on him on lst saves.
Jeez b2b against an angry Pittsburgh team.

This'll be fun. My kingdom for a point.

Any word on our pairings? scratches?

A lock is obviously the Huber-Mules-Shore line together against Cooke-Malkin-Neal? That'll be interesting. That line will be up against the elite tonight. I have a weird feeling in my gut Markstrom has a solid game tonight and we battle hard.

An OT loss is sufficient but a character win tonight would boost our confidence and breathe new life into this season. I hope Markstrom is in net for this game, I'm feeling a little nervous back to back against an angry penguins team but it's mixed with some confidence in the team that showed up in Philly last night.

T-minus 6hrs 36mins til the debut of our Giant Cat?

adam graves 02-22-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianPanther (Post 60246805)
Any word on our pairings? scratches?

A lock is obviously the Huber-Mules-Shore line together against Cooke-Malkin-Neal? That'll be interesting. That line will be up against the elite tonight. I have a weird feeling in my gut Markstrom has a solid game tonight and we battle hard.

An OT loss is sufficient but a character win tonight would boost our confidence and breathe new life into this season. I hope Markstrom is in net for this game, I'm feeling a little nervous back to back against an angry penguins team but it's mixed with some confidence in the team that showed up in Philly last night.

T-minus 6hrs 36mins til the debut of our Giant Cat?

Twitter is a quiet.

Assuming no practice.

KD becoming famous for tight lip on lineups till game time; just look at last night.

Pennsylvania salivated for us "kittens" to come thru so lets see if we can further surprise.

AaronEkbald 02-22-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 60244541)
#Pens D-pairings: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Engelland-Despres Eaton-Bortuzzo

#Pens rushes: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Cooke-Malkin-Neal Bennett-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Martin working point on top PP unit with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz. Second unit is Letang, Niskanen, Bennett, Sutter and Kennedy -MC

:help:

PanthersHockey1 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts (Post 60247671)
:help:

in a couple of years time opposing fans will be looking at our starting lineup and feeling the same anxiety.

AaronEkbald 02-22-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 60249201)
in a couple of years time opposing fans will be looking at our starting lineup and feeling the same anxiety.

I hope so. We probably don't have a Malkin or Crosby in the works, but you never know!

PanthersHockey1 02-22-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts (Post 60251677)
I hope so. We probably don't have a Malkin or Crosby in the works, but you never know!

In today's nhl, what makes the pens successful is their ability to roll quality scoring lines and defense, not having superstars (Although it doesn't hurt).

We are still basically a one line team right now because no body other than Hubs, mueller, and shore can get their act together other than sporadic flashes from kopecky or mathias.

I'm hoping in the near future adding bjugstad and perhaps howden we will be able to roll some more consistent lines than just one.

gizmo12688 02-22-2013 12:49 PM

It could be Markstrom or Theo really for tonight. Or ride the hot hand and go with Clemmer again :D

pb1300 02-22-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 60251927)
In today's nhl, what makes the pens successful is their ability to roll quality scoring lines and defense, not having superstars (Although it doesn't hurt).

We are still basically a one line team right now because no body other than Hubs, mueller, and shore can get their act together other than sporadic flashes from kopecky or mathias.

I'm hoping in the near future adding bjugstad and perhaps howden we will be able to roll some more consistent lines than just one.

I think the Hubs, Shore, Mueller line is here to stay, and should be quite deadly for years to come. In an ideal world, prospects like Howden, Grimaldi, Rau, Trochek, Knight, etc. will come in and contribute to their abilities, what we must have is Bjugstad come in and give us domination down the middle. If he can become a major player for us, our offense is going to be quite formidable. We arent going to hit on all of our prospects, but just two of the ones mentioned, outside of the :shakehead line, would be perfect!

AaronEkbald 02-22-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 60251927)

True. I think even when M & C were hurt simultaneously they still maintained a winning record.

MillarWithASave 02-22-2013 01:19 PM

Should we pick up Mursak and waive Clemmer?

RainingRats 02-22-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 60253685)
Should we pick up Mursak and waive Clemmer?

No, because if Clemmer doesn't get claimed we get stuck with extra salary. And he played well last night.

MillarWithASave 02-22-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 60255119)
No, because if Clemmer doesn't get claimed we get stuck with extra salary. And he played well last night.

Wait a minute, never mind. I am thinking Mursak is a goalie... what am I thinking.

I'm thinking of Petr Mrazek.

RampageNate 02-22-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 60255559)
Wait a minute, never mind. I am thinking Mursak is a goalie... what am I thinking.

Mrazek

MillarWithASave 02-22-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 60255599)
Mrazek

EDIT: Do we have space for Mursak? Wouldn't hurt right?

Zatch88 02-22-2013 01:50 PM

awesome game against philly guys. Hooberdoo looks awesome. Curious to see how he does against us.

RampageNate 02-22-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 60255665)

EDIT: Do we have space for Mursak? Wouldn't hurt right?

Undersized, AHL level talent guy with 4 pts in 46 NHL games. If you want a guy like that, just bring up Rheault.

(but really, don't do that...we kind of need him down here)

Scottyb123 02-22-2013 02:29 PM

Any word on when Versteeg is supposed to return to your lineup?

adam graves 02-22-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatch88 (Post 60255745)
awesome game against philly guys. Hooberdoo looks awesome. Curious to see how he does against us.

im hoping he doesnt get hurt.

Please dont hurt any of us.

adam graves 02-22-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 60255119)

job saving performance. much more aggressive and improved angles (except for the one fiasco he recovered from)

Coolburn 02-22-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 60256005)
Undersized, AHL level talent guy with 4 pts in 46 NHL games. If you want a guy like that, just bring up Rheault.

(but really, don't do that...we kind of need him down here)

If we claimed Mursak, then we can send Santorelli back down to San Antonio. That way everyone wins and we actually help out San Antonio in the process too. I can actually see Tallon claiming Mursak for depth purposes and he's cheap at $550K in salary.

RampageNate 02-22-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 60259469)
If we claimed Mursak, then we can send Santorelli back down to San Antonio. That way everyone wins and we actually help out San Antonio in the process too. I can actually see Tallon claiming Mursak for depth purposes and he's cheap at $550K in salary.

Even though he's just not very good?

manifestodestiny 02-22-2013 03:11 PM

I'm kind of worried for this game. Back to back games are difficult, especially when it is a blow-out.

I'm really curious to see how the "Kid" line holds up. They all played 17+ minutes, which is not too much; however, I am not sure if they'll be fresh-enough to defeat a rested Penguins.