HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rule 91 should of rewarded Horton a hat trick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1357635)

panny2727 02-22-2013 02:52 PM

Rule 91 should of rewarded Horton a hat trick
 
Not that it matters in the scheme of things to us or the Bruins. It's always nice to get a guy a hat trick patch.

Rule 91 in the NHL Rulebook directly addresses your question in Paragraph C:

If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking Team.

He was clearly behind all players when lacavalier took his legs out. He would of absolutely skated it right into the net

Didn't know if this has come up with anyone before this lame thread

WBC8 02-22-2013 02:53 PM

I said the same thing...the Bruins should call that one in...

RussellmaniaKW 02-22-2013 02:54 PM

I assumed that's what Ference was arguing with the ref while the rest of the guys were skating off.

patty59 02-22-2013 03:12 PM

I'm guessing it wasn't called because he got a shot away?

Ratty 02-22-2013 03:14 PM

Should HAVE AWARDED, definitely.

panny2727 02-22-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 60259295)
I said the same thing...the Bruins should call that one in...

i don't think a penalty is reviewable but anything related to a goal is

(viii) The video review process shall be permitted to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they are “good hockey goals”). For example (but not limited to), pucks that enter the net by going through the net meshing, pucks that enter the net from underneath the net frame, pucks that enter the net undetected by the referee, etc.

VeddarRants 02-22-2013 10:31 PM

I tried explaining this to the guys I was watching it with, and I think my explaination went over their heads, lol. Nice to know i wasn't fooling myself.

westernhome 02-22-2013 10:38 PM

I thought the same thing and I thought it looked like Horton gave the ref a look of the same thought when it happened

although perhaps the rule is intended to only be used in the case of breakaways

22Brad Park 02-23-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panny2727 (Post 60259197)
Not that it matters in the scheme of things to us or the Bruins. It's always nice to get a guy a hat trick patch.

Rule 91 in the NHL Rulebook directly addresses your question in Paragraph C:

If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, a player in control of the puck is tripped or otherwise fouled with no opposition between him and the opposing goal, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, the Referee shall immediately stop play and award a goal to the attacking Team.

He was clearly behind all players when lacavalier took his legs out. He would of absolutely skated it right into the net

Didn't know if this has come up with anyone before this lame thread

I seen a ref do just that last week for a habs player.

The Dangley One 02-23-2013 09:55 AM

I honestly thought the last 90 seconds of the game were rather embarrassing for the bruins and Horton, everyone clearly trying to get him the puck, passing backwards, not dumping the puck in. Then in last 20 seconds Horton trying desperately to fling the puck at the net and then flopping around like a fish on the ice trying to whack the puck in the vicinity of the net. Like really? This is what we are trying to do in a two goal game on the road? With two of the best scorers in the league on the ice for the opponent? Look what the bruins did against the rangers with the goalie pulled. All it takes is one stupid pass or play that leads to an odd man scoring rush and now it's a one goal game and anything can happen with a crazy bounce or something. stupid, Stupid, stupid. Sorry had to get that off my chest. Looked so petty on the bruins part

panny2727 02-23-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dangley One (Post 60295589)
I honestly thought the last 90 seconds of the game were rather embarrassing for the bruins and Horton, everyone clearly trying to get him the puck, passing backwards, not dumping the puck in. Then in last 20 seconds Horton trying desperately to fling the puck at the net and then flopping around like a fish on the ice trying to whack the puck in the vicinity of the net. Like really? This is what we are trying to do in a two goal game on the road? With two of the best scorers in the league on the ice for the opponent? Look what the bruins did against the rangers with the goalie pulled. All it takes is one stupid pass or play that leads to an odd man scoring rush and now it's a one goal game and anything can happen with a crazy bounce or something. stupid, Stupid, stupid. Sorry had to get that off my chest. Looked so petty on the bruins part

we had the puck. did tampa score. forwards play to score goals, not dump the puck in.
the bruins had control of the uck and the game, the rangers had circled the wagons. two completely different scenarios

doc5hole 02-23-2013 09:30 PM

Julien agreed with a reporter's postgame assertion that a goal should have been awarded. I guess I do, too, when isolating that play.

But of far more relevance was that slow pass that Horton was fishing for at the Tampa Bay line as he was looking down and behind him. Matt Carle was right there, right up to him and didn't go for the big hit. Easily could've been concussion number three. I saw Horton skate past Carle before a faceoff after that sequence and say something. I asked him after the game if he thanked him, and he said, "Yeah."

IMO a great show of class on both sides with the game decided.

The Dangley One 02-24-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panny2727 (Post 60296095)
we had the puck. did tampa score. forwards play to score goals, not dump the puck in.
the bruins had control of the uck and the game, the rangers had circled the wagons. two completely different scenarios

Just cause Tampa didn't score doesn't make it the right play. Lotta bad things could have happened in that sequence.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.