HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: 2 NYR trades that would really help (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1357809)

jay from jersey 02-22-2013 06:59 PM

2 NYR trades that would really help

hey guys. I am a kings fan that moved to nj. I watch A lot of rangers and devils games because i am a hockey fan above all else and have grown to like them both.

first trade to NYR dan boyle ryan clowe and 1st rd pick

TO SJ marian gaborik steve eminger

Reason: rangers get offense from the back end to help their fowards and their dreadful PP. plus another big body in clowe to stand in front of the net.

NYR get ryan oreilly

Col gets sj 1st rounder and mike del zotto

Reason rangers get o reilly who wants out. Gives Nyr depth and a little offense to replace gabs. He plays their blue collar system better anyway. in the future if stephan and oreilly tear it up, it allows them to move richards for a high end puck mover when boyle is ready to retire. Col gets a really good young d man to pair with ej plus the pick for a player that doesn't want to be their anymore.

go easy on me. Flame away!!!

DKQ 02-22-2013 07:01 PM

Overpayment for ROR, plus NYR lacks their 1st round pick anyways (Nash deal). The SJS deal is interesting, not sure either team does it (Gabby is a 40 goal scorer who is younger than Boyle, and Boyle is one of the only Sharks with a cup and adds valuable experience, as well as being an excellent player)

TheJuxtaposer 02-22-2013 07:03 PM

This Sharks fan says no. I love Gaborik, but I'd be concerned about our backend and I don't want to give up a first.

The only reason to give up Boyle is because we're re-tooling, but giving up our first doesn't really support that.

Vankiller Whale 02-22-2013 07:04 PM

MDZ for ROR straight up is probably fair, especially taking contacts into consideration.

jay from jersey 02-22-2013 07:06 PM

i know that ror trade is contingent on them getting the first from san jose. i just figured gabs would be dynamite with JT and marleu(sp) and boyle while being a little older is a fantastic pp qb and provides much needed offense from the back end. my opinion every team in these trades comes out better.

Hatrick Marleau 02-22-2013 07:07 PM

This Sharks fan says no thanks. I don't want to give up a 1st round pick either and like Jux said our back end would be lacking a bit.

DesertDawg 02-22-2013 07:12 PM

If the Avs trade RO'R and a 1st is involved, they probably wait and see where that pick will be in the 1st round. I don't think the Av's will move him until after the regular season. Tanking is so valuable in this upcoming draft and they have a great excuse as well as an asset (Ryan) to help turn the franchise around.

Hatrick Marleau 02-22-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay from jersey (Post 60271321)
i know that ror trade is contingent on them getting the first from san jose. i just figured gabs would be dynamite with JT and marleu(sp) and boyle while being a little older is a fantastic pp qb and provides much needed offense from the back end. my opinion every team in these trades comes out better.

I don't think we do. We trade our #1 dman a top 6 forward and a 1st for an elite forward and a extra Dman. Yes our top 6 would be dangerous but our D wouldn't be as good.

Hollywood163 02-22-2013 07:20 PM

The fact that Dan Boyle is a Torts guy from their Tampa days and Gaborik is the antithesis of a Torts guy, increases the value of Boyle to the Rangers.

A 1st from SJ probably wouldn't have to be included.

jay from jersey 02-22-2013 07:25 PM

yea it might me a stretch. i just figured with all your young d men they would be ready to step up. with gabs i believe that sj would heave the best top 6 in the nhl bar none. he is also signed its not like he is UFA. also the torts boyle connection would also ignite brad richards and getting him playing better hockey. also the o reilly trade would give the rangers a player of thier ilk and help replace the loss of gabby. also clowe gives them another big body for their third line. What about boyle and a first for gabs n eminger. or boyle clowe and a 2nd? then m delzotto n a 2nd for oreilly? i don't know. im just taking a shot. gabs for boyle was rumored in the offseason.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS 02-22-2013 07:27 PM

The 1st trade looks good but wow is ROR overvalued. I rather have Del Zotto than ROR straight up. Right now Z is the NYR best Dman.

CobraAcesS 02-22-2013 07:28 PM

What I don't understand is why the NYR need offensive help on the back end with, McDonagh, MDZ, Staal, Girardi back there all being capable offensive guys, and MDZ being specifically an offensive defender.

Sorry but the NYR's powerplay is not bad because of lack of 'offensive' personnel. Up front or on the back end...

jay from jersey 02-22-2013 07:32 PM

while mcd staall sauer (inj) del z are all fine defenders they do not have a dman like boyle that has the decision making out let passes and the ability to truely qb the pp. you put a dman like that on a team like nyr that just oozes talent and hard work and good things are bound to happen. They do not have a unique player like that

CobraAcesS 02-22-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay from jersey (Post 60272877)
while mcd staall sauer (inj) del z are all fine defenders they do not have a dman like boyle that has the decision making out let passes and the ability to truely qb the pp. you put a dman like that on a team like nyr that just oozes talent and hard work and good things are bound to happen. They do not have a unique player like that

So you say this, but yet NYR's fans sell MDZ as all of those things for Colorado in a O'Reilly trade, when trying to sell MDZ for O'Reilly straight up, or even saying they wouldn't trade MDZ for O'Reilly straight.

Ahem, something seems a little off with that...

Machinehead 02-22-2013 07:37 PM

You can bring in Gretzky in his prime, fact of the matter is our PP isn't going to get any better until the guy who coaches it is fired.

I mean people talk about bad coaching all the time so you learn to take it with a grain of salt.

But this is serious. Anyone who has any decent hockey knowledge can see that the Rangers PP lacks any sort of fundamentals or intelligent strategy.

So trading for Boyle, as good as he is, would be a waste. He would just be another victim to the same no movement coaching our PP suffers from.

jay from jersey 02-22-2013 07:38 PM

del z is very good. don't get me wrong and asset to any team. i'd love him on the kinds. he is a rare breed of offense and toughness. however he is a young kid. i do not believe he is seasoned enough to run a pp like boyle would and rightfully so he is 22 freaking years old. if i were a ranger fan i would rather trade staal for ror and a pick. just because i believe staal to be more replaceable then mdz. i just figured mdz is wat col wanted???/

CobraAcesS 02-22-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay from jersey (Post 60273193)
del z is very good. don't get me wrong and asset to any team. i'd love him on the kinds. he is a rare breed of offense and toughness. however he is a young kid. i do not believe he is seasoned enough to run a pp like boyle would and rightfully so he is 22 freaking years old. if i were a ranger fan i would rather trade staal for ror and a pick. just because i believe staal to be more replaceable then mdz. i just figured mdz is wat col wanted???/

Actually if you ask most Avs fans they would take M. Staal straight up for ROR. (At least from what I've seen posted in the past in our boards.)

There is some people who are skeptical based on M. Staal possibly wanting to leave for Carolina at some point though.

TheRightWay 02-22-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood163 (Post 60272191)
The fact that Dan Boyle is a Torts guy from their Tampa days and Gaborik is the antithesis of a Torts guy, increases the value of Boyle to the Rangers.

A 1st from SJ probably wouldn't have to be included.

In what way is Marian Gaborik the "antithesis" of a Torts guy? He's not Ryan Callahan, but Gaborik fits well into what Tortorella wants from his team. He has speed, doesn't shy away from puck battles, and is has a willingness to backcheck and do his due diligence in the defensive zone. He has his moments but all things considered he is a pretty good fit for this team.

Do people even remember that he was third in the NHL in goals last season? And we're going to move him for a 36 year old defenseman?

bernmeister 02-22-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 60271113)
Overpayment for ROR, plus NYR lacks their 1st round pick anyways (Nash deal). The SJS deal is intersesting, not sure either team does it (Gabby is a 40 goal scorer who is younger than Boyle, and Boyle is one of the only Sharks with a cup and adds valuable experience, as well as being an excellent player)

Mostly this^, though other posts below also good.

Dan Boyle of interest, but cap hit is high, also snipers a premium, prefer not to part with Gabby, though no sacred cows, depends on the offer.

Clowe remains interesting, could gamble on change of pace for right price, but is he best fit on fleet footed Rangers, and would you not get bigger return elsewhere?

What about this:

Brad Richards is in a funk, and he probably has lost a half step, and will probably lose another half step each year going forward. Still that's down from a guy who was a very high quality player not that long ago, so yeah, there's fall off, but there is still ability, if we can get out of this Torts d first block everything system.

So, even though there may be (I think, am not sure) internal buyout clauses, let's assume he's good this year and next, then needs an amnesty buyout....

What about Richards for Boyle, at partial discount this year and next, you buy him out on YOUR amnesty compliance buyout, and we pay you for that service.

You would already be ahead moving Boyle's full salary less what we pick up and throw your way this year and next. Maybe 3 mil this year, 1 mil next?

What would you want extra above and beyond that for the deal and use of your compliance?

TheJuxtaposer 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Richards is your problem, not ours.

DuckEatinShark 02-22-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 60271215)
This Sharks fan says no. I love Gaborik, but I'd be concerned about our backend and I don't want to give up a first.

The only reason to give up Boyle is because we're re-tooling, but giving up our first doesn't really support that.

Bingo.

During our 7-game win streak when Burns was out, Boyle carried the D on his back. He's not the problem right now.

Besides, Clowe and Boyle would help us win now more than Gaborik can.

NYR Viper 02-22-2013 10:38 PM

The Gaborik for Boyle deal has been rumored before. Not sure how credible it was but Torts isn't the biggest fan of him

CanadienShark 02-22-2013 10:39 PM

No thanks from a San Jose fan.

CanadienShark 02-22-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 60283333)
Brad Richards is in a funk, and he probably has lost a half step, and will probably lose another half step each year going forward. Still that's down from a guy who was a very high quality player not that long ago, so yeah, there's fall off, but there is still ability, if we can get out of this Torts d first block everything system.

So, even though there may be (I think, am not sure) internal buyout clauses, let's assume he's good this year and next, then needs an amnesty buyout....

What about Richards for Boyle, at partial discount this year and next, you buy him out on YOUR amnesty compliance buyout, and we pay you for that service.

You would already be ahead moving Boyle's full salary less what we pick up and throw your way this year and next. Maybe 3 mil this year, 1 mil next?

What would you want extra above and beyond that for the deal and use of your compliance?

Why would we give up a valuable asset in Boyle for a deteriorating asset in Richards only to buy him out? He's your problem, don't try to push this on us.

TheRightWay 02-22-2013 10:43 PM

Can someone please explain to me this prevailing concept of Richards being our "problem"? I don't know what is worse, the Rangers fans trying to shop him everywhere or the fans who seem to think he is Scott Gomez.