HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT Hair of the Dog game: Caps vs Devils take 2 - 12pm start (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358101)

Ovechkins Wodka 02-23-2013 06:04 AM

GDT Hair of the Dog game: Caps vs Devils take 2 - 12pm start

everyone skipped pregame skate

bonzaibondra12 02-23-2013 06:08 AM

Been skipping games too.

BrooklynCapsFan 02-23-2013 07:48 AM

No one skipped last call.

RandyHolt 02-23-2013 08:11 AM

Skipping drinking during this potential snoozer.

TheFountainhead 02-23-2013 08:15 AM

I'll be drinking plenty and skipping frequently to the rest room every second break during this one.

MW6 02-23-2013 08:15 AM

I read that McPhee has been talking to players individually this morning. Speculation on going about telling key players that rest of the season will be used to evaluate younger players in the organization and that they will be sellers at the deadline.

This is just me forwarding what I've read, not my own thoughts (although I hope it's true).

CrashTheNet9 02-23-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MW6 (Post 60293365)
I read that McPhee has been talking to players individually this morning. Speculation on going about telling key players that rest of the season will be used to evaluate younger players in the organization and that they will be sellers at the deadline.

This is just me forwarding what I've read, not my own thoughts (although I hope it's true).

So where did you read that or did you just conveniently forget?

Ovechkins Wodka 02-23-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

what younger players do we have? The goalies and the D? not like we have any young forwards at NHL level

RandyHolt 02-23-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

You didn't use the word skip

Drinka!

I can only imagine the discussions.

"Rome, I have been trying to trade you all year and no one wants you. So, that's how the year will go.

Actually, everyone's job is safe since no one wants any of you.

Oh and Tom limp upstairs later, I want to re-up you while I can"

I am skipping spending $500 on 4 tickets and $200 on drinks until I see progress from the team organization.

BTCG 02-23-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Source?

MW6 02-23-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrashTheNet9 (Post 60293469)
So where did you read that or did you just conveniently forget?

It was in one of the threads on main trades/rumors site! I have no idea where he/she got it from or how serious to take it. Make of it what you will?

BTCG 02-23-2013 08:32 AM

keys are obvious:

1-play all 3 periods like last games first 2 periods

2- play a patient game

3- don't worry if we don't get the first goal

4- stay out of the penalty box

If McPhee did talk to players, he's telling them he has faith in them, even if they lose this game.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 02-23-2013 08:37 AM

The error in logic of the "evaluate the young players" conclusion is that the Caps really don't have any. Johansson and Orlov are the only ones that haven't been playing and they're both hurt at this point.

BTCG 02-23-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 60293777)
The error in logic of the "evaluate the young players" conclusion is that the Caps really don't have any. Johansson and Orlov are the only one's that haven't been playing and they're both hurt at this point.

No captain tells his crew: "If we don't catch any fish, you're all walking the plank."

McPhee tells them he believes in them, if he speaks at all.

RandyHolt 02-23-2013 08:47 AM

Wrong. Many GM's choose to "tell" their players by moving out someone no one expected. Shape up or ship out. They do tell their players but actions speak louder than words.

Just not George. He covets his core and they know it. And its easy to see no one fears their jobs.

He should tell them their job is not safe and I will trade your ass if you keep coasting. These are men making millions. They aren't small children with fragile psyche's that need to be nurtured and lied to.

BTCG 02-23-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 60293965)
Wrong. Many GM's choose to "tell" their players by moving out someone no one expected. Shape up or ship out. They do tell their players but actions speak louder than words.

Just not George. He covets his core and they know it. And its easy to see no one fears their jobs.

He should tell them their job is not safe and I will trade your ass if you keep coasting. These are men making millions. They aren't small children with fragile psyche's that need to be nurtured and lied to.

Read it again. That's not what was claimed.

HockeyH3aven 02-23-2013 08:57 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t409w/

MacKinnon is ours!

- Buffalo Sabres

:sarcasm:

BiPolar Caps 02-23-2013 09:01 AM

:baghead:

BiPolar Caps 02-23-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Pulling a Mike Shanahan

BrooklynCapsFan 02-23-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref9 (Post 60294349)
Pulling a Mike Shanahan

Ovechkin is no RGIII

Ovechkins Wodka 02-23-2013 09:35 AM

http://hark.com/clips/wyrzychmnq-hai...og-that-bit-me

<object width="100%" height="25" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_bar.swf?pid=wyrzychmnq"/>

swimmer77 02-23-2013 09:49 AM

Well.....some (including myself) here were speculating Green has another groin injury and some here were asking for a source. So here you go...........

So Much for "Lower Body Injury"

foundhockey 02-23-2013 10:02 AM

Broken record here, but I really want to see Ovie get a goal. He was amazing last game -- stole pucks, moved through defenders, and shot and shot and shot. SIGH.

BiPolar Caps 02-23-2013 10:08 AM

Green no longer "Game Over"

now

"Game Time"

g00n 02-23-2013 10:08 AM

I think I said anything more than 1 point out of this NJ "series" would be a bonus, and now I'm wondering if that was too generous.

It all depends on the first period, imo. If the Devils pounce, I think the Caps go into "here we go again" mode and fold up the tent. If the Caps get a lead, they may bear down and focus on not taking so many penalties, and could actually win the game.