HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Injury Report: 3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358131)

ThatGuy 02-23-2013 08:59 AM

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice...sion-symptoms/

Darth Vitale 02-23-2013 09:03 AM

http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/wp-co...12/08/rage.png

When... will... this ...team ...catch ....a break?

Three years running now with this potential career threatening injury BS.

Sid, then Geno, Letang, now Geno again...

...someone's got the Pens Voodoo doll set.

Also I love how Rossi determined Malkin's status for the upcoming road trip is "unknown".

What a ****ing moron.

deakka 02-23-2013 09:05 AM

Dear god....
Guess hell miss at leas a month then.
Lets hope we stay in the playoffs

Antaris 02-23-2013 09:06 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1iellgNE41r47zk1.gif

Mo Wanchuk 02-23-2013 09:08 AM

How many games was Landeskog out? That was also a concussion. He's JUST coming back tonight, correct?

Edit: Just read Lande was out 11 games.Fuuuuuuuu.:cry:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...xo1_r1_500.gif

gdsmack267 02-23-2013 09:09 AM

Those Winter Classic jerseys are cursed. Hopefully this is short term

Darth Vitale 02-23-2013 09:12 AM

I would not expect him back for at least 3 weeks, 4-6 seems more likely. If he's got bad headaches and disorientation right now, that's probably not your run of the mill concussion (like the ones players come back from 10-14 days later).

Chances are the headaches will persist for a while (hopefully Sid can help Geno with some advice on stuff to avoid, etc) and he won't even step foot on the practice ice until they're completely gone for several days at a time. Remember, even once he can skate and practice a little bit again, they'll keep testing him for a while after that. The time out is as much about precaution as about how he feels.

And for the love of God keep him away from "Doctor" Quack Carrick.

IcedCapp 02-23-2013 09:13 AM

I'm actually starting to hate sports.

Please get well, EvGeno. I miss you already. I'm sorry for saying all of those mean things in the +/- threads. I didn't mean them.

khaoskennedy 02-23-2013 09:14 AM

delete

radapex 02-23-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 60294515)
I would not expect him back for at least 3 weeks, 4-6 seems more likely. If he's got bad headaches and disorientation right now, that's probably not your run of the mill concussion (like the ones players come back from 10-14 days later).

Chances are the headaches will persist for a while (hopefully Sid can help Geno with some advice on stuff to avoid, etc) and he won't even step foot on the practice ice until they're completely gone for several days at a time. Remember, even once he can skate and practice a little bit again, they'll keep testing him for a while after that. The time out is as much about precaution as about how he feels.

Crosby became somewhat of a concussion expert during the time he deal with his. Reading, researching, etc. He'll be a great help for Malkin, I'm sure.

Jacques G 02-23-2013 09:15 AM

I'm sure it's nothing a few weeks of Natalia Malkin's famous borscht can't fix. Someone needs to schedule that flight ASAP.

Til the End of Time 02-23-2013 09:15 AM

is it bad that the first thing i thought when i saw malkin go down was "at least its not crosby"?

Darth Vitale 02-23-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 60294575)
I'm sure it's nothing a few weeks of Natalia Malkin's famous borscht can't fix. Someone needs to schedule that flight ASAP.

Mama and Papa Malkin, your services of healing are requested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Til the End of Time (Post 60294579)
is it bad that the first thing i thought when i saw malkin go down was "at least its not crosby"?

It sure ain't good.

D Heinze 02-23-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 60294575)

Here Here! Get that woman some good russian beets and sour cream STAT!

Whakahere 02-23-2013 09:20 AM

bugger ... bugger ,.. bugger

Til the End of Time 02-23-2013 09:20 AM

let's avoid postulating when he'll come back.

as we've learned, even the most innocuous hits can be career threatening while brutal hits can result in only a few games missed.

Jacques G 02-23-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Til the End of Time (Post 60294579)

Nah, it's just your personal opinion. I would be more concerned that you hold Crosby to such a higher standard than Malkin though. I mean, even those who think Crosby is the better player generally think it's by a very small margin, and probably wouldn't think "at least it's not Crosby" in that situation.

But again, your opinion.

IcedCapp 02-23-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques G (Post 60294699)
Nah, it's just your personal opinion. I would be more concerned that you hold Crosby to such a higher standard than Malkin though. I mean, even those who think Crosby is the better player generally think it's by a very small margin, and probably wouldn't think "at least it's not Crosby" in that situation.

But again, your opinion.

maybe he just meant, "at least it's not Crosby" because he is concerned that a hit like that would end Crosby's career?

It might not have anything to do with how he perceives them as players....

ManInTheBox 02-23-2013 09:24 AM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-W...ekrocco_13.gif

I'd likely have a head ache too.

UnrealMachine 02-23-2013 09:25 AM

Get (completely) well soon!

Jacques G 02-23-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 60294735)
maybe he just meant, "at least it's not Crosby" because he is concerned that a hit like that would end Crosby's career?

It might not have anything to do with how he perceives them as players....

True, he didn't really explain though. Actually, what you said is probably more likely.

Whale Mingo 02-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 60294421)
Those Winter Classic jerseys are cursed.

I'm not one to believe in things like this, but if everyone of those jerseys were killed with fire I would be glad to supply the gasoline.

Mr Jiggyfly 02-23-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Til the End of Time (Post 60294695)
let's avoid postulating when he'll come back.

as we've learned, even the most innocuous hits can be career threatening while brutal hits can result in only a few games missed.

I saw a few people comment that he may not of hit his head on the boards, but that really doesn't matter, right?

From what I unfortunately had to learn through my own personal experiences, the brain just has to be rattled inside your skull (quick snap of the neck) to be concussed. So you don't have to necessarily take a shot to the head to get a concussion.

Duffy13 02-23-2013 09:31 AM

Time for the Mustard Yellow 3rd Jerseys from the mid 80's...

They were so bad no one would want to go near them to throw a hit lol...

But this seriously sucks, hopefully it's no where NEAR what Crosby went through, and it looks like Shero may have to start upgrading talent very soon, as I'm a little concerned about the scoring depth when one of our star centres are out. Sutter as a 2nd line Centre is not really ideal. Hope he proves me wrong however.

So does Neal line up beside Crosby now and drop Kunitz or Dupuis to the 2nd line?

I've never had the interest myself in creating lineups just for speculation, maybe because when Sid was out, Stall easily fit in at #2 so well. What do you guys think on how the lineups would look if Geno missed any amount of time?

dr robbie 02-23-2013 09:32 AM

This makes me sick to my stomach. Hope he gets better soon. Really hope he doesn't go through what Crosby went through.