HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My fantasy hockey team question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358349)

chicagowhitesox1173 02-23-2013 01:57 PM

My fantasy hockey team question
 
I'm very new to hockey and I joined a fantasy hockey league and i'm currently in third place but I really have no idea what i'm doing. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my team.

Damien Brummer C, RW....picked up off of waivers
T.J. Oshie C, RW
Matt Duchene C, LW
Patrick Elias C, LW
Joe Pavelski C, RW
Teddy Purcell RW....picked up off of waivers
Vladimer Tarasenko RW....not sure if I should keep him.
David Krejci C
Teemu Selanne RW
Scott Hartnell LW...just picked him up off waivers

Dustin Byfuglien RW, D
Kris Letang D
Dan Boyle D
Kevin Shattenkirk D

Pekka Rinne G
Ryan Miller G
Viktor Fasth G...picked up off waivers

I've been picking guys up from how many adds a player gets in yahoo. Is there anyone on my team who I should cut and pickup a sleeper?

Ace Dreamer 02-23-2013 02:07 PM

Tarasenko is on IR now, so it may be a good idea to drop him and maybe add Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Galchenyuk, Brendan Gallagher, or Brayden Schenn. But if Cory Conacher is available, add him for sure.

Hartnell may be back in the next few weeks, so I'd say hang on to him

TheNudge 02-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 (Post 60310213)
I'm very new to hockey and I joined a fantasy hockey league and i'm currently in third place but I really have no idea what i'm doing. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my team.

Damien Brummer C, RW....picked up off of waivers
T.J. Oshie C, RW
Matt Duchene C, LW
Patrick Elias C, LW
Joe Pavelski C, RW
Teddy Purcell RW....picked up off of waivers
Vladimer Tarasenko RW....not sure if I should keep him.
David Krejci C
Teemu Selanne RW
Scott Hartnell LW...just picked him up off waivers

Dustin Byfuglien RW, D
Kris Letang D
Dan Boyle D
Kevin Shattenkirk D

Pekka Rinne G
Ryan Miller G
Viktor Fasth G...picked up off waivers

I've been picking guys up from how many adds a player gets in yahoo. Is there anyone on my team who I should cut and pickup a sleeper?


Very Very solid team. If your really a rookie at this then I'll give you A+++ for trying and getting it right. Love those pick up. Their might be one player that you might want to look into and is name is Gallenchuyk and Cory Conacher. Both have been having a great season. If they are indeed available not sure who to drop. By the way please don't even think of droping Tarasenko. He's a beast.


Keep up the great work. By the way what are the categories (stat wise) your using.

TheNudge 02-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Dreamer (Post 60310735)
Tarasenko is on IR now, so it may be a good idea to drop him and maybe add Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Galchenyuk, Brendan Gallagher, or Brayden Schenn. But if Cory Conacher is available, add him for sure.

Hartnell may be back in the next few weeks, so I'd say hang on to him

He should have the option of putting Tarasenko on IR.

chicagowhitesox1173 02-23-2013 11:46 PM

Thanks for feedback. The categorys are goals, assists, plus/minus, PIM, PPP SOG, Wins, GAA, SV%, SHO. I must say I was never much of a hockey fan but after these last three weeks i've really started getting into hockey. I've learned alot from this site too, I'm glad I found it.

Yes also my league lets me put players on IR.

chicagowhitesox1173 02-24-2013 12:11 AM

These were other free agents.
1. Jaromir Jagr,RW
2. Ryan Kesler C
3. Ryane Clowe LW, RW....I like him because of his penalty minutes. But it sounds like he may be suspended.
4. Ryan Callahan RW
5. Paul Stastny C
6. Saku Koivu C
7. Colin Wilson C, RW
8. Brad Boyes C, RW
9. Patrick Berglund C
10. Troy Brouwer RW....I like him alot too,

I'm in a 12 man league and i'm guessing alot of the managers are somewhat clueless or don't care.

TheNudge 02-24-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 (Post 60359153)
These were other free agents.
1. Jaromir Jagr,RW
2. Ryan Kesler C
3. Ryane Clowe LW, RW....I like him because of his penalty minutes. But it sounds like he may be suspended.
4. Ryan Callahan RW
5. Paul Stastny C
6. Saku Koivu C
7. Colin Wilson C, RW
8. Brad Boyes C, RW
9. Patrick Berglund C
10. Troy Brouwer RW....I like him alot too,

I'm in a 12 man league and i'm guessing alot of the managers are somewhat clueless or don't care.


You gotta get him now. Drop someone but who ?

chicagowhitesox1173 02-24-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNudge (Post 60359991)
You gotta get him now. Drop someone but who ?

Somebody actually dropped Callahan. I suppose the best guy to drop would be between Oshie, Purcell or Selanne. I like Selanne but i'm kinda weary of his age. I guess I could trade 2 players for 1 and then pick Callahan up that way.

NH57 02-24-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 (Post 60361727)
Somebody actually dropped Callahan. I suppose the best guy to drop would be between Oshie, Purcell or Selanne. I like Selanne but i'm kinda weary of his age. I guess I could trade 2 players for 1 and then pick Callahan up that way.

If you are going to try and trade 2 players for one, I'd say to target a star player, like Steven Stamkos, but another good option would be Tomas Vanek, Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane, or Patrick Marleau.

Since your league has PIM a really good player to try and acquire would be David Clarkson. He's a beast. Clarkson has 16 points (10 goals, 6 assists) and 35 PIM in only 18 games.

chicagowhitesox1173 02-25-2013 03:22 AM

I hate to bother you guys on this but what about Ryan Kessler? I like Callahan alot but now Kessler has me intrigued due to his big year a few years ago. I haven't got anyone who's willing to trade so I guess the guy I would drop would be Oshie or maybe Purcell for either of those two guys. I won 7-3 this week so maybe the best move is to do nothing. I just feel I can improve.

Shane Doan is a FA too.

TheNudge 02-25-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1173 (Post 60430337)
I hate to bother you guys on this but what about Ryan Kessler? I like Callahan alot but now Kessler has me intrigued due to his big year a few years ago. I haven't got anyone who's willing to trade so I guess the guy I would drop would be Oshie or maybe Purcell for either of those two guys. I won 7-3 this week so maybe the best move is to do nothing. I just feel I can improve.

Shane Doan is a FA too.

Drop Purcell and pick up Kesler. He's by far the best option.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.