HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Conference Discussion (Realignment Approved, Detroit and Columbus Leaving) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358645)

Cullksinikers 02-23-2013 09:15 PM

New Conference Discussion (Realignment Approved, Detroit and Columbus Leaving)

The realignment conference proposals have leaked tonight. I posted all four conferences below.

Quote:

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
The new re-alignment NHL/NHLPA have worked on -- I: CAR/CLB/NJ/NYI/NYR/PHI/PIT/WASH
Quote:

II: BOS/BUF/DET/FLA/MON/OTT/TB/TOR
Quote:

III: CHI/COL/DAL/MIN/NASH/STL/WIN
Quote:

IV: ANA/CAL/EDM/LA/PHOE/SJ/VAN
It is bogus that we will potentially be the only 06 team in the conference. That's not right. However, what is really interesting is that it opens up trade opportunities with Columbus and Detroit if they are going to be in other conferences.

deytookerjaabs 02-23-2013 09:18 PM

Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville and St. Louis? Uhg. No thanks, we'll be known as the dead puck division.

Blackhawkswincup 02-23-2013 09:21 PM

Also this wildcard speculation for East conferences due to unbalanced team amount (West would have 14 , East 16) is a joke

1 game playoffs between #4/5 to determine final playoff spots

So we can possibly see say team lose 1 game playoff to a team 15 pts behind them in season thus making 82 game season pointless

Cullksinikers 02-23-2013 09:24 PM

I am really interested in how general managers react to this.

I doubt this is happening, but let's say the Hawks are pursuing ROR from Colorado. Maybe they are thinking of offering Teuvo and a 1st. Maybe they don't make a trade with the Avs with the thought of their assets burning them within their own conference that has half as many teams as normal in the future.

UsernameWasTaken 02-23-2013 09:43 PM

Our conference looks mind numbingly boring.

Rocky should beg to be moved to the east w/ Detroit...have Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Boston, Detroit in one division :laugh:

Kurtosis 02-23-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 60343843)

Rocky should beg to be moved to the east w/ Detroit...have Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Boston, Detroit in one division :laugh:

:laugh:

That would be absolutely crazy. Too bad there is 0% chance of that occurring.

Our division/conference does look terrible though. It would be really boring like you said.

IU Hawks fan 02-23-2013 09:48 PM

No Detroit?

This is absolute bull ****. Figures once they start to suck they get off easy.

**** this.

Cullksinikers 02-23-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 60343843)

And tell the Rags to piss off? I don't think so.

sketch22 02-23-2013 09:50 PM

My question is whats going to happen when Phoenix gets relocated?

Cullksinikers 02-23-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketch22 (Post 60345039)
My question is whats going to happen when Phoenix gets relocated?

This is a fantastic question.

ChiGuySez 02-23-2013 10:10 PM

Hope it gets shot down. Conference imbalance is a joke. Of course it is the NHL.

Keep the divisions as is. All they have to do is a 3 team monte. Switch WIN to NW, MIN to CEN and CBJ to SE. Geographically it would make more sense.

Phoenix, who knows. The NHL wants to keep them there for several reasons.

w00d 02-23-2013 10:21 PM

Looks like the Dead Wings are finally going to get their way after pissing and moaning about how awful it is to travel in the western conference. This is after years of the league saying it will never happen because some arenas in the west (like Anaheim and Phoenix) only sellout when O6 teams are in town. I guess it's up to just the Hawks to carry the attendance from now on.

HawksFan74 02-23-2013 10:48 PM

Just leave it alone as is. The playoff format they are considering is stupid.

Kaners BAC 02-23-2013 10:48 PM

You gotta keep Chi/Det together. I understand that Detroit want to be in the East but move out Colorado and Dallas is as far west as they have to go in conference.

By the way, where the hell is Winnipeg?

HawksFan74 02-23-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaners BAC (Post 60351317)
You gotta keep Chi/Det together. I understand that Detroit want to be in the East but move out Colorado and Dallas is as far west as they have to go in conference.

In Canada, north of Minny so it makes sense.

Kaners BAC 02-23-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 60351771)
In Canada, north of Minny so it makes sense.

Gotcha.

UsernameWasTaken 02-23-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

http://i48.tinypic.com/zlzoux.png

IU Hawks fan 02-23-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

It's in our time zone, which is the primary basis for all these divisions.

digdug41982 02-23-2013 11:13 PM

Realignment was a terrible idea from the start. Why break what isn't broken...to shave off a few miles of travel for some teams. It is ridiculously unbalanced, unfair, boring and ignorant.

IU Hawks fan 02-23-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 60353041)
Realignment was a terrible idea from the start. Why break what isn't broken...to shave off a few miles of travel for some teams. It is ridiculously unbalanced, unfair, boring and ignorant.

It's pretty broken, actually.

- Winnipeg is in the SOUTHEAST!
- Minnesota is with all of western Canada, and isn't with a single team from its timezone
- Dallas also isn't with a single from its timezone
- Columbus isn't with teams from its timezone and isn't in a division with a pretty natural rival that's 185 miles away

In the end, the teams wanted something based on timezones. It's NOT about travel, it's about TV start times. The more 'natural' start times you have, the better TV ratings will be. It's pretty simple.

That said, splitting the Hawks and Detroit is a joke.

Ace Rothstein 02-23-2013 11:35 PM

Detroit and Chicago are division rivals in every sport. Of course this genius proposal suggests to end the most played rivalry in the NHL. Dumb

BBH 02-23-2013 11:48 PM

PLEASE tell me this isn't in any way, shape or form legitimate. I'd never make it through an entire Hawks game again.

If there are going to be four divisions,

I:
Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Colorado
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Dallas

II:
Chicago
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Jets
Columbus
Detroit
St. Louis
Nashville

III:
Florida
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Washington
New Jersey
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh

IV:
New York
Brooklyn
Quebec
Montreal
Ottawa
Buffalo
Toronto
Boston

This is probably 2015-2016, after the lease runs out for New York and the arena and relocation is done in Quebec.

IU Hawks fan 02-23-2013 11:51 PM

For what it's worth, Islanders will never be referred to as 'Brooklyn'. So really, you're proposal is only waiting on the QC move.

Kurtosis 02-23-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBH (Post 60355103)
PLEASE tell me this isn't in any way, shape or form legitimate. I'd never make it through an entire Hawks game again.

If there are going to be four divisions,

I:
Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Colorado
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Dallas

II:
Chicago
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Jets
Columbus
Detroit
St. Louis
Nashville

III:
Florida
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Washington
New Jersey
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh

IV:
New York
Brooklyn
Quebec
Montreal
Ottawa
Buffalo
Toronto
Boston

This is probably 2015-2016, after the lease runs out for New York and the arena and relocation is done in Quebec.

They would not take the Rangers out of the Devils, Penguins, and Flyers' division.

digdug41982 02-23-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 60354145)
In the end, the teams wanted something based on timezones. It's NOT about travel, it's about TV start times. The more 'natural' start times you have, the better TV ratings will be. It's pretty simple.

Got it, worse matchups, less balance, destroy rivalries, hurt offense, better start times, better ratings. Sounds more like something out of a textbook than something that would actually be an improvement.