HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   DiPietro Discussion Thread Part III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358681)

Isles Junkie 02-23-2013 08:40 PM

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part III

Carry on

Part 1 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=833595

Part 2 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=999511

BillD 02-24-2013 08:44 AM

ST defense lets 35-45 shots a game. DP is gonna get shelled when he plays, but I do not want his playing in place of developing Nilssen, who has plenty of NHL promise.
BTW, I dont believe anything that Snow says, he is always about misdirection, even when he tells the truth.

FormerRedwingFan 02-24-2013 10:22 AM

I thought the new CBA didn't allow this any more, I thought you couldn't bury contracts in the AHL like Wade Redden, Jeff Finger?

This is what I found on it. The contract will still hit the CAP so unless this is a precursor to more activity its not really gaining anything except him out of the lineup.
http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/01/28...e-redden-rule/

Isles Junkie 02-24-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedorov (Post 60369641)
I thought the new CBA didn't allow this any more, I thought you couldn't bury contracts in the AHL like Wade Redden, Jeff Finger?

This is what I found on it. The contract will still hit the CAP so unless this is a precursor to more activity its not really gaining anything except him out of the lineup.
http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/01/28...e-redden-rule/

But you can't look at it from a Wings fan POV. If DPs contract was your problem, Iiitch would likely wait till he can buy out the contract this summer & get the cap hit off the books.

But in WangWorld, he wants that 4.5m cap hit whether DP plays or not. If DP is injured, then Wang gets the cap hit & insurance pays DPs salary. and let's be real here, DP is injured all the time. I wonder just how much $ insurance has paid DP over the year.

if DP is healthy, then Wang gets the cap hit & he pays the salary. But either way, he gets the cap hit. And he wants the cap hit. Take DPs cap hit off the books & all of a sudden he has to pay 4.5 million bucks to other players to reach the floor. Other players, who in all liklihood have a better chance to remain healthy. Not that I believe Charles Wang is sitting there hoping Rick gets hurt or something, but I doubt he gets upset when the insurance winds up paying his salary.

We really won't know what this demotion for a while. The way I see it, if Rick plays for the Isles again this season while Nabokov, Poulin & Nilsson are healthy, then it will mean they have no intention of buying him out.

If this summer Rick gets bought out under the old rules (which the NYI have the option of applying for some reason) then it will mean the Isles realize he isn't an NHL goalie anymore, but they really aren't interested in doing the right thing for their franchise which is about to move to the biggest city in America.

If by some miracle they buy him out under the new rules, then I'll consider it to be the best thing Charles Wang has done as owner besides keeping the club in the area.

Bunk Moreland 02-24-2013 12:36 PM

Brendan Witt was talking to someone on twitter and spoke freely of DP:

(@whitemooseranch is Witt)

Quote:

Random guy: It's going to be nicer hearing a "K-P" chant instead of a "D-P" chant at The Coliseum from now on.
Witt: must be nice to take a week to report
RG: Well it DOES take along time to deflate an ego and pack it up on a truck to Bridgeport.
Witt: heard that he has to be put on ferry due to big head
RG: Sooooooooo I guess you guys didn't get along??? #Sarcasm
Witt: we got along. It was always the DP show. Gets old real fast. Told him he would never see the end of that deal. #Drama
Witt: well some guys think it last forever. It's hard to play at that level for soo many years. Body takes a grind.
Nothing major just funny seeing a former teammates perspective

https://twitter.com/whitemooseranch/...32499454173185

Isles Junkie 02-24-2013 12:43 PM

I'm sure a lot of his teamates have resentment towards his deal. how can't they?

Bunk Moreland 02-24-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 60376239)
I'm sure a lot of his teamates have resentment towards his deal. how can't they?

Definitely and not just about $$ and term.. There's gotta be resentment towards this deal allowing to get hundreds of chances in a league where so many players are fighting for jobs every single game as well as players hungry to win gettin pissed he blows every game.

Poulin 0n My St1ck 02-24-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 60375921)

Ha! I was looking at that too a few minutes ago. Witter is a great follow. Very up-front about everything. (According to him, Milbury "sucks ass.")

If you have a Twitter account and don't follow him, you must!

Kevin27nyi 02-24-2013 12:55 PM

Mike Commodore added to it by saying "hahahahahaha"

Stercrazy 02-24-2013 12:57 PM

I did find it odd that DP had not arrived in BP yet and KP was ready to go last night....even though DP was told the night before and KP was told yesterday. Maybe DP is thinking of something else?

Bunk Moreland 02-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stercrazy (Post 60376863)
I did find it odd that DP had not arrived in BP yet and KP was ready to go last night....even though DP was told the night before and KP was told yesterday. Maybe DP is thinking of something else?

I wouldn't read too much into it.. He's probably home nursing his bruised ego... I mean its gotta suck knowing you worked hard to come back from all these injuries and you just don't have it anymore.

Dutch Frost 02-24-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 60377001)
I wouldn't read too much into it.. He's probably home nursing his bruised ego... I mean its gotta suck knowing you worked hard to come back from all these injuries and you just don't have it anymore.

He is out 4-6 weeks with a bruised ego and hurt feelings.. Give me a break. This goes to show you that him and Charles were probably crying together and he said take all the time you need Rick.

seafoam 02-24-2013 01:21 PM

He tripped over the waiver wire, out indefinitely.

Kevin27nyi 02-24-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillD (Post 60366711)
ST defense lets 35-45 shots a game. DP is gonna get shelled when he plays, but I do not want his playing in place of developing Nilssen, who has plenty of NHL promise.
BTW, I dont believe anything that Snow says, he is always about misdirection, even when he tells the truth.

Nilsson will most likely be the number one down there, DP will be in here and there. DP will then be bought out.

Just my opinion at least.

JeffNYI 02-24-2013 02:08 PM

I kinda felt like the NYI knew that DP would have some ********, so they basically ordered him to take a few days before reporting..

Knowing what we know about DP, when told of his demotion he probably said "no no I'll be there by the next game" and the NYI rejected that and told him to take a few days before showing up..

DP isn't playing well in net, but I don't think anyone can fairly say the week off before reporting to the Sound Tigers and playing in some games asap was his idea.

A Pointed Stick 02-24-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch Frost (Post 60377565)
He is out 4-6 weeks with a bruised ego and hurt feelings.. Give me a break. This goes to show you that him and Charles were probably crying together and he said take all the time you need Rick.

That is to be expected. But I don't think it is of any surprise that he who could do no wrong and always gets his way is GONE, and the team plays it's freaking balls off the very next day.

So obvious that his presence and worship by the owner came at a cost while the rest got squat that even his most blinded apologists have to admit reality here.

Glad he is gone. Welcome hope.

leeroggy 02-24-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 60377845)
He tripped over the waiver wire, out indefinitely.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Renbarg 02-24-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffNYI (Post 60380109)
I kinda felt like the NYI knew that DP would have some ********, so they basically ordered him to take a few days before reporting..

Knowing what we know about DP, when told of his demotion he probably said "no no I'll be there by the next game" and the NYI rejected that and told him to take a few days before showing up..

DP isn't playing well in net, but I don't think anyone can fairly say the week off before reporting to the Sound Tigers and playing in some games asap was his idea.

In the old CBA you has a number of days before actually reporting. I'm sure there is a similar story with the new CBA. Probably just Ricky exercising that right (as most vets would).

OlTimeHockey 02-24-2013 03:03 PM

The guy refused to go down, was a total sour puss when sent down years ago....I think the Isles sent him down and he's taking his time.

As he should.....his career is about over.

But let's not paint his past as anything other than a me-first type. Witt's tweet just echoes what we've heard all the way back to the Chicago Wolves story (two seats, one for his massive ego}.

I just hope he's happy down there.....I'm done hating on the guy, just hate him being on our bench.

lacunacoil777 02-24-2013 03:12 PM

Witt was refering to the whole purpose of the Islanders was so Dipietro would have a team to play for, with Wang being the man in charge. Remember every time Dipietro came back from an injury, they would try and make him the starter over Roleson? Thats is exactly what Witt was refering to. If you go back over Dipietros history, every back up he ever had had a higher save %, (roleson, Poulin, Dubie, Nabakov, Danis(whatever his name was), I think Nillson and Macdonald were the only ones who had poorer save %.

Marlo Stanfield 02-24-2013 07:56 PM

Anyone catch Milbury's comments about him on NBC Sports? Ill see if I can find a video to it.

Long story short, he questioned DP's work ethic while he (Milbury) was there, said Rick never seemed comitted to taking the necessary steps to take care of himself and elevate his game to the next level.

beLIever 02-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield (Post 60410285)
Anyone catch Milbury's comments about him on NBC Sports? Ill see if I can find a video to it.

Long story short, he questioned DP's work ethic while he (Milbury) was there, said Rick never seemed comitted to taking the necessary steps to take care of himself and elevate his game to the next level.

Milbury trying to absolve himself of responsibility...

lost35* 02-24-2013 09:03 PM

if DiPietro goes down to Bridgeport, is he going to be the starting goalie there?

On a side note, I found it funny Bridgeport was short on goalies last night, so they had Steve Valiquette who is their goaltending coach to play back up for yesterday

bigd 02-25-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickofit (Post 60412445)
Milbury trying to absolve himself of responsibility...

Milbury is a horses ***! He's the primary reason this organization is in such a mess. We will be digging through his crap for another 10 years just to keep from sinking into the abyss.:cry:

CREW99AW 02-25-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 60375921)

Gotta love it, when ex-players try to stay relevant by putting their two cents in.