HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Roman Cervenka (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358741)

RipCityPuckers 02-23-2013 09:08 PM

Roman Cervenka
 
Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks

100 Third Graders 02-23-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallz (Post 60347233)
Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks

He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.

TheHudlinator 02-23-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat (Post 60347781)
He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.

Also Hartley said he feels that because of missing 2 months he doesn't have nhl conditioning and with Sven coming back giving him a break wasn't a bad idea.

Noori 02-23-2013 10:00 PM

He looks pretty slow out there. Not sure if that's conditioning-related but I don't see him being effective at center.

I think he'll be okay as a winger though.

InfinityIggy 02-23-2013 11:17 PM

Fantastic hands and good vision. Needs to improve his skating though. Could be a good top 6 forward if he keeps at it though, I think he has the skill.

Volica 02-23-2013 11:52 PM

Still adapting to the North American game. The dude's got skill up the wazoo.
Easy a top 6 forward.

He seems a bit slow at times, and really looks like he wants the game to develop around him a lot. Has good chemistry with Hudler (who possibly has been the best Flame this year) but can improve on both ends of the ice.

You can tell the talent in him is sick though, he's got great hands and great vision. This season will be meh most likely; however, if Calgary resigns him; he'll probably be good for 40-60 points in an 82 when he's playing properly.

Janks 02-24-2013 12:38 AM

Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

Noori 02-24-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janks (Post 60360049)
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

Janks 02-24-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 60360307)
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

I thought I heard he hadn't found an instructor, but that was a bit ago. Either way, he will only get better with time. I'm really liking him and hudler.

Remember2004 02-24-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 60360307)
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

I would trade my English for Datsyuks salary in a heartbeat... So are we going to resign him? Or does it depend on how he does this season?

tfong 02-24-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 60360307)
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

Datsyuk's interviews are always a blast, he knows how to joke around in English :)

cdnhash 02-24-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janks (Post 60360049)
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

I could see him being a 50-60 point guy but not with the Flames. Flames tend to turn guys with this kind of vision and talent into 30 point guys.

Ace Rimmer 02-24-2013 09:57 PM

With only 2:57 of ice time tonight, 1 assist isn't bad. Quite efficient, in fact.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.