HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo - Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358761)

Moskau 02-23-2013 09:23 PM

Buffalo - Pittsburgh

Going to try something different here.

As a Sabres fan I want to offer a player to Pittsburgh and see what their fans think.

To Pittsburgh:
Jason Pominville

To Buffalo:
???

To me it makes too much sense. Defensively responsible RW that can put up at least 70 pts a year on a good contract. Has leadership qualities but in over his head as captain in Buffalo. Shows up in the playoffs.

marty111 02-23-2013 09:25 PM

Get ready for picks and prospects...

1972 02-23-2013 09:25 PM

I would want Maatta in the deal, probably a 1st aswell

SuperNintendoChalmrs 02-23-2013 09:27 PM

The Sadres need a full rebuild.

Also get rid of the GM. Have a new GM make these decisions. Sadres organization is a complete cluster****

Big McLargehuge 02-23-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Regier (Post 60349107)

I'd probably do that.

Captain Hook 02-23-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Done.

Rivet52 02-23-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

I'd want quite a hefty return. Pominville's one of the few players I'd be hesitant to move. I only move him if we get a good enough offer that we can't refuse. He's one of our best players (probably second to only Vanek) and one of the better RWs in the League. He'd be a player I'd likely want to hold onto during a rebuild even.

As for a return from Pittsburgh though, I'd say it'll take quite a bit. I'd moreso want a forward prospect like Bennett than a defense prospect. Pouliot, Morrow, or Maatta are nice prospects but we're way better off in the prospect pool on defense than at forward. We could use all the wing prospects we can get. Armia's our only good one.

I'd ask for something like Bennett + Kennedy + first. Even better if we could get Niskanen instead of Kennedy. Despres would be of interest to me too.

domaug* 02-23-2013 09:47 PM

:pens

F Jason Pominville

:sabres

D Olli Maatta
F Tyler Kennedy (roster purposes, RFA at the end of the season)
2013 1st Round Pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 60350241)
I'd ask for something like Bennett + Kennedy + first. Even better if we could get Niskanen instead of Kennedy. Despres would be of interest to me too.

i don't think the Pens would want to trade their only real decent forward prospect.

Moskau 02-23-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domaug (Post 60351195)
i don't think the Pens would want to trade their only real decent forward prospect.

Pittsburgh can have Luke Adam though! They seem to do great with trade "throw-ins".

domaug* 02-23-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau (Post 60351831)
Pittsburgh can have Luke Adam though! They seem to do great with trade "throw-ins".

Niskanen worked, Tangradi didn't. i'm not sure how well Luke Adam would work. i think Bennett has more upside.

Dangles78 02-23-2013 10:03 PM

Remember when Bennett was a scrub to every other fan base on HFBoards and now he's popping in a lot of trade proposals? Good times.

For Shero to move an asset like Bennett would mean he's moving him for a B. Ryan type of winger--young, established, core piece, because that's what Bennett will become.

He won't be moved for a rental, aging veteran, etc.

tsujimoto74 02-23-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domaug (Post 60351195)
:pens

F Jason Pominville

:sabres

D Olli Maatta
F Tyler Kennedy (roster purposes, RFA at the end of the season)
2013 1st Round Pick

Looks pretty good to me.

12IsGreaterThan47 02-23-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty111 (Post 60349049)
Get ready for picks and prospects...

If Buffalo is trading their Captain and firing their coach, aren't picks and prospects what they're probably after?

Moskau 02-23-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangles78 (Post 60352397)
For Shero to move an asset like Bennett would mean he's moving him for a B. Ryan type of winger--young, established, core piece, because that's what Bennett will become.

You don't think that Pominville would be the last piece to the Pittsburgh team? (Malkin's health obviously pending).

Risto55 02-23-2013 10:12 PM

What about maata, niskanen and a 1st

1972 02-23-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangles78 (Post 60352397)
Remember when Bennett was a scrub to every other fan base on HFBoards and now he's popping in a lot of trade proposals? Good times.

He won't be moved for a rental, aging veteran, etc.

Pominville is 30 years old, he is the type of player you move Bennett for. I would bet if Sherro wanted Pominville and he were on the market(most likely isn't) that he would part with Bennett for him.

Anyways Sabres fans are just pissed off at the team, Pommer likely isn't going to be going anywhere and if he were I think their would be better options than Pitts(western conference team). Then again with re-alignment it may not matter

couture23 02-23-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabresfan97 (Post 60352991)
What about maata, niskanen and a 1st

Pittsburgh won't part with Niskanen. Who has more upside, Maata or Morrow?

MrFunnyWobbl 02-23-2013 10:23 PM

Pominville is a center, no?

Can't see him replacing malkin or sid

Moskau 02-23-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl (Post 60353647)
Pominville is a center, no?

Can't see him replacing malkin or sid

He's a RW.

Jules Winnfield 02-23-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 60353549)

Morrow has more offensive upside. Maatta has more overall upside IMO.

I'd probably do Maatta + 1st round pick + Kennedy.

domaug* 02-23-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 60353549)

Morrow, of course. he's their #1 prospect.

Maatta projects to be a two-way defenseman who can play top-4 minutes in a shutdown role, according to his HF prospect profile.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/olli_maatta/

RATING: 7.5C (Morrow's is only 8.0C, but he's currently in the AHL and very close to NHL action)

Dangles78 02-23-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Regier (Post 60353079)
Pominville is 30 years old, he is the type of player you move Bennett for. I would bet if Sherro wanted Pominville and he were on the market(most likely isn't) that he would part with Bennett for him.

Anyways Sabres fans are just pissed off at the team, Pommer likely isn't going to be going anywhere and if he were I think their would be better options than Pitts(western conference team). Then again with re-alignment it may not matter

That's not my point, at all. I'm not saying that Bennett couldn't potentially be included in a deal for Pominville. Rather, I was saying that people here all of a sudden got a hard on for the kid after a lot of dismissal.

And no, if Shero wanted a player like Pominville, and the asking price was Bennett+1st+whatever, he would look for another trading partner that would be asking for a defensive prospect/different package. Plain and simple. You move the assets that you have a surplus of unless it's literally a gamebreaker/long-term solution. That's not Pominville, and that's not taking anything away from him.

New Sabres Captain 02-23-2013 10:29 PM

Adam for Jeffrey has been well received in the past as a swap of underperforming players who might need a change in scenery, so if the two teams are making a deal, might as well just toss that in at the same time.

Personally, I'd want Bennett in the deal.

Pommer + Adam

for

Bennett, Maatta, 2nd, Jeffrey

Figure if I'm asking for those 2 prospects, the pick gets knocked down.

couture23 02-23-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 60353853)
Morrow has more offensive upside. Maatta has more overall upside IMO.

I'd probably do Maatta + 1st round pick + Kennedy.

Was there any reasoning to why Maata dropped to where he did? Wasn't he project to go 5-10 picks before?

domaug* 02-23-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 60353989)
Was there any reasoning to why Maata dropped to where he did? Wasn't he project to go 5-10 picks before?

i think part of it was due to how far away from the NHL he was projected to be and part of it was teams reaching for certain players they wanted (like the Pens apparently reaching for Pouliot at #8 when Maatta or even players like Forsberg and Teravainen were still available)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 60353985)
Adam for Jeffrey has been well received in the past as a swap of underperforming players who might need a change in scenery, so if the two teams are making a deal, might as well just toss that in at the same time.

Personally, I'd want Bennett in the deal.

Pommer + Adam

for

Bennett, Maatta, 2nd, Jeffrey

Figure if I'm asking for those 2 prospects, the pick gets knocked down.

i'm against trading Bennett at this point since he's the Pens' only real decent forward prospect. i wanna see what they have with him.