HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Toronto's seventh best prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=135886)

Pulfy14 03-24-2005 06:25 AM

Toronto's seventh best prospect

1.Colaiacovo 54.55%
2.Steen 94.44%
3.Wellwood 50.00%
4.Vorobiev 36.00%
5.Earl 48.28%
6.Willliams 78.26%
7.???

I say White!

-PrO-B1- 03-24-2005 07:41 AM

I say Pogge because he has played very well since being traded to Calgary.

It Kills Me 03-24-2005 08:16 AM

Poggemon!

Pinto 03-24-2005 08:17 AM

Bell!

Dark Knight 03-24-2005 10:32 AM

BELL, please!!!

Leaf Army 03-24-2005 11:11 AM

It's gotta be White.

He's a first year player for the Baby Leafs and he was a better player right off the bat than Bell has ever been in St. John's.

Verbal Kint* 03-24-2005 05:42 PM

Pogge doesn't even desrve top ten. Not sure where the support for him is coming from.

Anyways, despite nuisance that this poll is I'm going to make sure a mistake like Kronwall doesn't happen again and hitch my vote onto White.

think-blue- 03-24-2005 06:29 PM

White.

Sebastien Centomo 03-24-2005 07:58 PM

I voted White, but I could have just as easily taken Bell. Either one would be fine in this posisition, if you ask me.

And I'm happy to see Kronwall's number go down. I guess we got through to some people.

Verbal Kint* 03-24-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honus Joglund
I voted White, but I could have just as easily taken Bell. Either one would be fine in this posisition, if you ask me.

And I'm happy to see Kronwall's number go down. I guess we got through to some people.

As I suspected it would seem those with little prospect knowledge either following a trend or voting based on THN were the ones voting for Kronwall.

BuppY 03-24-2005 09:59 PM

Bell!!!!!!!!!! :amazed:

Leaf Army 03-24-2005 10:03 PM

I'd like to know why people are voting for Bell when Ian White is clearly the better player right now. And a year younger to boot.

Seriously I'd like someone to explain this.

BuppY 03-24-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I'd like to know why people are voting for Bell when Ian White is clearly the better player right now. And a year younger to boot.

I have a thing for him lol :innocent:

Dark Knight 03-24-2005 10:13 PM

Bell has some serious potential.

BuppY 03-24-2005 10:19 PM

I like both of them and I think both are good prospects, I think Ian White has outplayed Bell this year, but I give the edge to Bell, he has improved whole a lot from last year and is fianlly turning it around. Not a long ago he was CHL defenceman of the year and Trapp said some greats things about him he had a horrible year last year but seems to have turned it around, if he keeps playing well and fixes up lil aspects of his game, he needs to keep the game simple and he'll have a great future ahead of as a top 4 Dman in the NHL. White is great I love him I think he'll make the NHL n he has looked great this year n seems to have a good future ahead of him, he is undersize especially for a dman but from the games I've watched this year he doens't get pushed around alot. He seems to handle him self I think both are good the only reason I chose Bell was probably because I'm biased cuz I followed him thoughout OHL.

Dark Knight 03-24-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

atleast its a better choice. Tell that to the guy who voted for Kronwall.

Verbal Kint* 03-24-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking its size. Many people still feel that White will be easily pushed around at 5' 10".

Lobstertainment 03-24-2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Pogge doesn't even desrve top ten. Not sure where the support for him is coming from.

Anyways, despite nuisance that this poll is I'm going to make sure a mistake like Kronwall doesn't happen again and hitch my vote onto White.

We <3 Poggemon

but I had to vote for Bell, once Bell and White are through though Poggemon!

monkey_00* 03-24-2005 11:48 PM

................Kronwall

leafaholix* 03-25-2005 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master of Puppets

Pogge has tremendous potential, he deserves top ten.

Dark Knight 03-25-2005 01:26 AM

Everyone was bashing leaf_fan for starting this thread over again...look how changed this is. People have different opinions...Kronwall has suddenly come into picture in top 6 out of nowhere...Tie breaker for the 6th best prospect. This is interesting.

Mess 03-25-2005 02:05 AM

I am going with Ian White

Pulfy14 03-25-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDdY
Everyone was bashing leaf_fan for starting this thread over again...look how changed this is. People have different opinions...Kronwall has suddenly come into picture in top 6 out of nowhere...Tie breaker for the 6th best prospect. This is interesting.

Thank you :handclap:

Verbal Kint* 03-25-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDdY

Not really. The poll is redundant and has brought out people who know absolutely nothing about our prospect who appear to be band-wagon voting. Kind of sad.

I mean we have people arguing that Bell should make it one potential alone just because he improved from last year. Thats bull. Ian White had to improve plenty just to survive in the AHL and worked all off-season to do it. Not only is that dedication, but it shows he can make teh transition from feeder leagues easily. He also outplayed Bell the entire season, has gained acclaim from prety much everybody around him, has stood up to the competition small and large and has shown much better hockey smarts and offensive potential than Bell has his entire career to this point. And he did it while being a full year younger.

The mere fact that 7 people voted for Kronwall last time, is enough to make this joke a laughing stock. Anyone who knows anything about our prospects would know that Kronwall would make the top 15 if he was lucky. And then, those same people that voted for Kronwall changed their vote. They went with what everybody else was saying. And I'll be damned if it was because over 2-3 days they decided to spend their time pouring over news reports, interviews and scouting sites.

The poll is useless, end of story.

Verbal Kint* 03-25-2005 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Pogge has tremendous potential, he deserves top ten.

Top ten is a stretch for me. I could see him going 9th or 10th and his recent trade certainly helps his stock, however I doubt he'll make that big of an impact even at the AHL level. I currently would put more weight on the shoulder of Racine than Pogge, purely due to his breakout season in the AHL this year (I feel he would have done a fine job had the Leafs not gone out and signed Aubin when Tellqvist was injured).