HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   News Article: Possible Realignment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1358861)

5Minutes4Fighting 02-23-2013 10:50 PM

News Article: Possible Realignment

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...lignment-plan/

Liking this. Would love to see Detroit multiple times.

BigBadBruin8 02-23-2013 11:02 PM

I do like that. And it makes for an easy transition when Florida inevitably moves to Quebec City.

EverettMike 02-23-2013 11:09 PM

No Detroit and Chicago is a travesty.

I hate this realignment plan anyway.

Greyhounds 02-23-2013 11:13 PM

This would seem to point to any possible expansion being in west/central.

Cory Trevor 02-23-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhounds (Post 60356353)
This would seem to point to any possible expansion being in west/central.

Was thinking the same thing. Seattle is probably what GB is thinking with another possibilty being kansas city.

The real thing that's needed first as far as I'm concerned is Quebec. After that, it comes down to Seattle or a second TO team.

Greyhounds 02-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 60357759)
Was thinking the same thing. Seattle is probably what GB is thinking with another possibilty being kansas city.

The real thing that's needed first as far as I'm concerned is Quebec. After that, it comes down to Seattle or a second TO team.

Milwaukee would also be a possibility, as well as Houston. I would assume that Seattle would be top of the list, if they do expand out west.

Cory Trevor 02-24-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhounds (Post 60358023)
Milwaukee would also be a possibility, as well as Houston. I would assume that Seattle would be top of the list, if they do expand out west.

I Always forget Wisconsin.:shakehead

Lotta hockey kids come outta there and would be an excellent choice. Thanks for bringing that up. I believe the Admirals draw decent crowds too and The badgers have always had solid support.

Greyhounds 02-24-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 60358731)
I Always forget Wisconsin.:shakehead

Lotta hockey kids come outta there and would be an excellent choice. Thanks for bringing that up. I believe the Admirals draw decent crowds too and The badgers have always had solid support.

They just don't seem to be on the radar often, but I think the area has potential. And natural rivalries with Hawks and Wild.

Lobster57 02-24-2013 12:43 AM

Winnipeg and Chicago likely hate this idea. But it looks good overall

unifiedtheory 02-24-2013 02:13 AM

I like it but only if they have an accompanying balanced schedule.

Every team should play every other team at least once per season in their building. Doing it any other way is ****ing stupid.

It's so easy. I'd like to see a division heavy schedule and you play every other team outside your division (or conference or whatever they want to call it under this plan) at home and away.

Having a division heavy schedule AND essentially divisional playoffs actually makes sense as opposed to the current system. I've never understood the division heavy schedule they play now only to throw the divisions out the window when the playoffs start. It's ****ing stupid.

Cory Trevor 02-24-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unifiedtheory (Post 60362831)
I like it but only if they have an accompanying balanced schedule.

Every team should play every other team at least once per season in their building. Doing it any other way is ****ing stupid.

So basically like the EPL soccer schedule? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

29 home games against the 29 other opponents
29 road games against the 29 other opponents

So that's 58. 24 Games divided how after that?

BB624 02-24-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Trevor (Post 60363295)
So basically like the EPL soccer schedule? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

29 home games against the 29 other opponents
29 road games against the 29 other opponents

So that's 58. 24 Games divided how after that?

Most likely breakdown

8 teams divisions
Home and Away vs other divisions (44 games)
6 games ea vs 3 division opponents (18 games)
5 games ea vs 4 division opponents (20 games )

7 team divisions
Home and Away vs other division (46 games)
6 games vs ea division opponent (36 games)

5Minutes4Fighting 02-24-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettMike (Post 60356155)
No Detroit and Chicago is a travesty.

I hate this realignment plan anyway.

I'm sure there will still be Det/Chi, just not as many times as currently.

It seems the big reason for the Det swap would be to add a bigger draw for the two Florida teams, to help them stay viable (they have biggest draws against the Orig 6 teams). League would rather do this than potentially have to move one or more of these teams. By keeping them there, they could look at expansion in the future, rather than relocation.

Morris Wanchuk 02-24-2013 07:07 AM

What are the playoffs going to look like?

sooshii 02-24-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting (Post 60365271)
I'm sure there will still be Det/Chi, just not as many times as currently.

It seems the big reason for the Det swap would be to add a bigger draw for the two Florida teams, to help them stay viable (they have biggest draws against the Orig 6 teams). League would rather do this than potentially have to move one or more of these teams. By keeping them there, they could look at expansion in the future, rather than relocation.

The reason for the Detroit swap is that Illich was promised to move east.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp13732

BubbaBoot 02-24-2013 07:15 AM

Lotta travel for Florida and Tampa Bay within their own conference, they won't like that. Every team in the first conference is closer to them.

Actp 02-24-2013 07:18 AM

I dont work out the logistics and deeper meanings of this as some of you have. Thank you for that. However this definitely points to more foolish expansion by two teams in the West and central. I think this plan is actually not a bad way of putting lipstick on a pig but it is still putting lipstick on an incredibly diluted pig........They should be contracting two teams not adding them......OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!! BETTMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKH 02-24-2013 08:50 AM

Love this from my point of view- love the Florida and Tampa extra games since thats a great trip...it may help the Cats with so many Norhterners relocating permanent or for the winter....The Cats have one of the best young systems in the game as well so should be competitive soon (hopefully not today)

Detroit needs this- being in that whacked out time zone sucks for them. This is what they want and good for them. Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Detroit all in the same grouping is good.

I really like this. Perfect no, but very, very, very, very, very good. (probably cause its what I had come up with)

Morris Wanchuk 02-24-2013 08:57 AM

As long as the games vs the division are 6 or greater I will be happy.

The only two negatives I see are for Chicago loosing it o 6 rival and if you live in Quebec city

ReggieMoto 02-24-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaBoot (Post 60365495)
Lotta travel for Florida and Tampa Bay within their own conference, they won't like that. Every team in the first conference is closer to them.

I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Same time zone; most flights less than 3 hours. I'm liking the Boston Conference.

Kiss My Rask 02-24-2013 09:18 AM

Shouldn't it be:

East: 8-7
West: 8-7

And not:

East: 8-8
West: 7-7

Talking about the number of teams in each conference. Makes the East harder to make the post season in

Morris Wanchuk 02-24-2013 09:20 AM

Is there going to be divisional playoffs?

don 02-24-2013 09:21 AM

Sorry but I like the even divisions. I have no feeling on which Western team switches with Winnipeg but one should. This is based on no new teams.

TP 02-24-2013 09:23 AM

I also think Detroit and Chicago need to be in the same conference.

The easy fix is to swap Columbus and Detroit and I like it.

SerenityRick 02-24-2013 09:25 AM

I thought I remember reading several months back when these conferences/divisions were first being thought out that it would make it possible for an East vs East or West vs West Stanley Cup final. I wonder if that would still be in the cards or if it would still boil down to the best West team versus the best East team.