HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   GDT: Game 19 | Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359001)

Shoalzie 02-24-2013 07:47 AM

Game 19 | Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D
 
http://ss-onlinedesign.com/hfboards/...e19/gdt_01.pnghttp://ss-onlinedesign.com/hfboards/...e19/gdt_02.png


Lineup news: Babcock says Gustavsson will make his first start (per Ansar Khan)


EDIT: Make that Howard...

InjuredChoker 02-24-2013 08:09 AM

3-1 loss.

joe89 02-24-2013 08:21 AM

Howard shouldn't sit only after bad games, so I like this move especially on a back to back. Sometimes it can be nice to just soak in a good effort, get some training in and refocus. For Gus, this is one of the few chances he'll get this year to increase his playing time. Hope he's up to the task.

mindfly 02-24-2013 08:32 AM

Vancouver in a back-to-back game. Logic says for sure a Loss.

kerjuxaxaxa 02-24-2013 08:33 AM

Z had an off night yesterday, so I hope he will turn his beastmode tonight

The Nose 02-24-2013 09:27 AM

I don't see how we control the Sedins. Neither Z nor Pavs line are that good defensively because of the wingers. And then there's our defense.

icKx 02-24-2013 09:36 AM

Sedins are going to run all over Kronwall/Lashoff

Flip really needs to get his **** together if we want to have a chance

smurfyeah19 02-24-2013 09:40 AM

Excited to have tix for today's game. Always gotta love going to the Joe

Harnessed in Slums 02-24-2013 10:10 AM

Looking forward to seeing Monster get his first start in net.

theanomaly 02-24-2013 10:27 AM

id like to see the z + pav line again. preferably on always when the sedins are. i think thats our only hope of containing them.

zecke26 02-24-2013 11:06 AM

howard will start, mccollum backup, gustavsson re-injured his groin it seems. :laugh:

lkleung007 02-24-2013 11:08 AM

Don't really understand Babcock's logic here in starting Gustavsson against the Canucks. I would have started Gustavsson against Nashville for several reasons...

1) Nashville has trouble scoring goals...bottom 5 in scoring in the league
2) Nashville was tired coming to Detroit after playing the night before
3) Nashville is just a weaker team...vs the Canucks who are cup contenders again with Luongo and Schneider in net.

Instead, Gustavsson gets a much tougher team for his 1st start and we played the night before. Not good planning in my opinion...if we can get a win that would be a big upset.

redwings85 02-24-2013 11:10 AM

If wings lose hopefully they do so in OT/SO maximize on the points!

Hopefully the Wings can show up this afternoon.

Go Wings Go.

If I'm not mistaken no Bieksa for Vancouver so that will be a plus for Detroit he is their best Dman atm

BazDaSpaz 02-24-2013 11:18 AM

This team is made of glass. Gus gets the start only to pull his groin again. Is this team ever going to heal up?

mindfly 02-24-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 60371239)
howard will start, mccollum backup, gustavsson re-injured his groin it seems. :laugh:

What a joke of a signing this actually was... he's as injured as Cola :shakehead

InjuredChoker 02-24-2013 11:23 AM

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....for_red_3.html

last_sd 02-24-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkleung007 (Post 60371299)
Don't really understand Babcock's logic here in starting Gustavsson against the Canucks. I would have started Gustavsson against Nashville for several reasons...

1) Nashville has trouble scoring goals...bottom 5 in scoring in the league
2) Nashville was tired coming to Detroit after playing the night before
3) Nashville is just a weaker team...vs the Canucks who are cup contenders again with Luongo and Schneider in net.

Instead, Gustavsson gets a much tougher team for his 1st start and we played the night before. Not good planning in my opinion...if we can get a win that would be a big upset.

Agreed. but doesn't matter now. Howard is starting, McCollum recalled. Gustavsson possible groin injury

SoupGuru 02-24-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icKx (Post 60368171)
Sedins are going to run all over Kronwall/Lashoff

Flip really needs to get his **** together if we want to have a chance

Yeah.... I predict Kronwall staring skyward right in front of his goalie after the uncovered man at the dot slaps it into the goal.

14ari13 02-24-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nose (Post 60367911)
I don't see how we control the Sedins. Neither Z nor Pavs line are that good defensively because of the wingers. And then there's our defense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icKx (Post 60368171)
Sedins are going to run all over Kronwall/Lashoff

Flip really needs to get his **** together if we want to have a chance

I have A plan. Kronwall goes and kronwalls one of them early in the game, and then they are done :hit::devdance:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lkleung007 (Post 60371299)
Don't really understand Babcock's logic here in starting Gustavsson against the Canucks. I would have started Gustavsson against Nashville for several reasons...

1) Nashville has trouble scoring goals...bottom 5 in scoring in the league
2) Nashville was tired coming to Detroit after playing the night before
3) Nashville is just a weaker team...vs the Canucks who are cup contenders again with Luongo and Schneider in net.

Instead, Gustavsson gets a much tougher team for his 1st start and we played the night before. Not good planning in my opinion...if we can get a win that would be a big upset.

We were desperate for the points, that's it, so Babcock chose the safe option.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BazDaSpaz (Post 60371799)
This team is made of glass. Gus gets the start only to pull his groin again. Is this team ever going to heal up?

Is it really tru? I can't believe it.
On the other hand, hopefully Howard is getting hot.

This will be a different game from yesterday's but hopefully the team built some confidence and is ready.

lkleung007 02-24-2013 11:28 AM

can't believe the rotten luck with Gustavsson...ugh!!

CloneHakanPlease* 02-24-2013 11:53 AM

In before our defense sucks, the Monster lets in 4 goals, none of which he has any chance on, and Babcock rides Jimmy for another 20 games despite him being obviously fatigued.

Edit: Didn't see the link above me. What the hell is wrong with this team.

skinneh 02-24-2013 11:54 AM

Vancouver wins because the first line is playing like arse, second line is a joke and
Datsyuk can only carry them for so long.

Go Tatar!

Marky9er 02-24-2013 12:17 PM

Oh ffs

Z40 02-24-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 60372049)

Monster wasn't about to let Sammy one up him. :facepalm:

sarcastro 02-24-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 60372049)

Awful Helm news as well in that article:

Quote:

Darren Helm: He will fly to New York on Monday to see a specialist who deals with muscles and ligaments. He hasn't skated since Jan. 26 due to back pain and has appeared in only one game.

“He is progressing daily, but not nearly as fast as we had hoped,'' Holland said. "We've ruled out a disc or fracture. We think it's a ligament strain or sprain.''
Super...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.