HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Philly/Calgary (Jarome) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359247)

Keenan87 02-24-2013 03:12 PM

Philly/Calgary (Jarome)

To Philly:
Jarome Iginla

To Calgary:
Wayne Simmonds
Scott Laughton
1st 2013 (Conditional on Iginla signing or Philly winning the cup)

I think this is a fair offer as Simmonds has done very well but Voracek and Read can cover for his loss (as well Iggy himself). Laughton is a good prospect and the first rounder is only if you guys can sign Iginla or win the cup.

Gustav Nyquist 02-24-2013 03:13 PM

I think that's a very easy no from Philly.

JVR21 02-24-2013 03:14 PM

This doesn't make the slightest bit of sense for the Flyers.

MASE THE ACE 02-24-2013 03:14 PM

how could philly cover his salary

Keenan87 02-24-2013 03:17 PM

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/nhl-...6307377878-711

There are rumours out there that the Flyers want him and don't want to move Schenn or Couturier for him so I thought maybe this would work.

This is more for value than salary cap.

palindrom 02-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backburner (Post 60384187)
how could philly cover his salary

Calgary can absorb part of it,

about the OP, i would at least make Laughton conditional instead of the 1st.

And how is Iginla doing this year? i didn't watch Calgary game, i can only see his stats showing one goal in 16 games....doesn't look like the Iginla i know.

do you think Simmonds at the peak of his career could be a better player than Iginla on his decline ?

Philadelphia Ducks 02-24-2013 03:30 PM

Absolutely no way, this is way too much for an aging UFA vet, if this was like 3 years ago I would do it. Add to the fact that Simmonds has been our best forward this year and that our prospect pool is probably the worst in the NHL, not gonna give up our first first round pick in 4 years in Laughton and a 1st rounder with it.

I'm really not interested in bringing Iggy to Philly anymore, this team is too young and still too far away from being a serious cup contender to waste youth, picks, roster players on him.

And IF this is the cost to getting Iggy, which it won't be it'll be a lot cheaper, I'd rather just offer this to many of the other teams out there to get an even more effective, younger player, like Bobby Ryan.

Keenan87 02-24-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 60384955)
Calgary can absorb part of it,

about the OP, i would at least make Laughton conditional instead of the 1st.

And how is Iginla doing this year? i didn't watch Calgary game, i can only see his stats showing one goal in 16 games....doesn't look like the Iginla i know.

do you think Simmonds at the peak of his career could be a better player than Iginla on his decline ?

He has had some very bad luck as usually he starts the season as a liability but this season he has been doing well. 60+ shots and 1 goal is pretty bad luck.

TOGuy14 02-24-2013 03:39 PM

Why would Philly do this?

Simmonds is performing and bringing more to the table than Iginla can right now...

LickTheEnvelope 02-24-2013 03:40 PM

Simmonds: 7 g, 8 a, 15 Points, ev... 24 years old, 0.5 years left $1.75 mil then 6 years at $3.975 mil.
Iginla: 1 g, 10 a, 11 Points, -2... 35 years old, 0.5 years left, $7 mil.

... just sayin...

Tripod 02-24-2013 03:40 PM

Iggy for the equivalent of 3 1st rounders? No thanks!!!

palindrom 02-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keenan87 (Post 60385729)
He has had some very bad luck as usually he starts the season as a liability but this season he has been doing well. 60+ shots and 1 goal is pretty bad luck.

thank for the info.

I always liked Iginla (who doesn't?) and i could totally see him giving his best in a playoff run.

its alright if the asking price for Iginla is high, and i guess there will be teams willing to pay it.

But the op is already a pretty high price, i would think about it twice, try to negotiate lower for the flyers, but if i think Iginla is the missing pieces to win the cup and others teams (playoff rivals?) are bidding as well to obtain him... i could do it, but as i say, i would prefer Laughtong to be conditional instead of the 1st.

LetsGoFlyers1825 02-24-2013 03:44 PM

I wouldn't give up even one of those pieces for Iginla

LickTheEnvelope 02-24-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 60386187)
thank for the info.

I always liked Iginla (who doesn't?) and i could totally see him giving his best in a playoff run.

its alright if the asking price for Iginla is high, and i guess there will be teams willing to pay it.

But the op is already a pretty high price, i would think about it twice, try to negotiate lower for the flyers, but if i think Iginla is the missing pieces to win the cup and others teams (playoff rivals?) are bidding as well to obtain him... i could do it, but as i say, i would prefer Laugtong to be conditional instead of the 1st.

This has already been debated. I can't, personally, see Iginla costing more than Hossa or Kovalchuk when they were moved at trade deadlines and the OP's price is certainly more than that.

For reference:

To Pitsburgh:
-Hossa
-Dupuis

To Atlanta:
-Armstrong
-Christensen
-Esposito
-1st Round Pick

-----

To New Jersey
-Kovalchuk
-Salmela

To Thrashers
-Oduya
-Bergfors
-Cormier
-1st Round Pick

palindrom 02-24-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 (Post 60386267)
I wouldn't give up even one of those pieces for Iginla

Not even only a conditional 1st 2013 ? (Conditional on Iginla signing or Philly winning the cup).

if you win the cup its a 30th overall.

if you do sign Iginla its because he is valuable to the flyers.

palindrom 02-24-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope (Post 60386547)
This has already been debated. I can't, personally, see Iginla costing more than Hossa or Kovalchuk when they were moved at trade deadlines and the OP's price is certainly more than that.

For reference:

To Pitsburgh:
-Hossa
-Dupuis

To Atlanta:
-Armstrong
-Christensen
-Esposito
-1st Round Pick

-----

To New Jersey
-Kovalchuk
-Salmela

To Thrashers
-Oduya
-Bergfors
-Cormier
-1st Round Pick

You bring a good point and i agree with your argument. (well, we have to keep in mind in these case, some of the acquired rospects didn't pan out as expected, and was more valuable at the time of the trade.)

We can also use Kaberle as reference:

Colborne, a 1st and a conditional 2nd (Boston reaching the final)

i can see Iginla more valuable than Kaberle.

orange is better 02-24-2013 03:55 PM

This idea that the flyers are in win now mode has to stop. We aren't. A 1st is absolutely invaluable to us at this point, as is any part of our core (Simmonds) or future part of our core (Laughton). Iginla is good, but this team is MUCH more than an iginla away from contending for a cup. It's not even kind of worth giving away picks and youth for a player who isnt even playing better than the guy we're giving up in the first place.

The flyers need a young defenseman in the age group of our young core who can grow into a #1 defenseman. Any firsts could help us draft that player and any young chips could help us attain a player like that.

Stranger Danger 02-24-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 60386687)
Not even only a conditional 1st 2013 ? (Conditional on Iginla signing or Philly winning the cup).

Not implying that Inglia isn't worth a 1st, but to the Flyers, that first is 9/10 likely to translate into a (prospective) #1 Dman, something the Flyers desperately need. Also, the Flyers are currently a fairly young team at their core, and an aging scorer isn't going to win them the cup this year, so why lose youth?

96 02-24-2013 04:02 PM

Simmonds right now is better than Iginla right now.

The Flyers would never do this.

palindrom 02-24-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicBRYZ (Post 60387387)
Not implying that Inglia isn't worth a 1st, but to the Flyers, that first is 9/10 likely to translate into a (prospective) #1 Dman, something the Flyers desperately need. Also, the Flyers are currently a fairly young team at their core, and an aging scorer isn't going to win them the cup this year, so why lose youth?

if you doesn't win the cup and you doesnt resign Iginla, you doesn't lose the 1st, its conditional.

if you win the cup, i guess it would be because Iginla played a role in it, and i am willing to lose a 30th overall, even if i am losing the trade, if its the cost to win the cup.

i am willing to bet real $ agaisnt your odds that a 30th have 90% to become a #01 D-man to the flyers.

At 30th, its very rare to draft a prospective #01 defenseman.

Guy Boucher 02-24-2013 04:15 PM

I would take Simmonds over Iginla today, let alone adding a good prospect and a pick.

Flyerfan47 02-24-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keenan87 (Post 60384065)
To Philly:
Jarome Iginla

To Calgary:
Wayne Simmonds
Scott Laughton
1st 2013 (Conditional on Iginla signing or Philly winning the cup)

I think this is a fair offer as Simmonds has done very well but Voracek and Read can cover for his loss (as well Iggy himself). Laughton is a good prospect and the first rounder is only if you guys can sign Iginla or win the cup.

You think that's fair? I think that's insane from the flyers pov

LEIFey 02-24-2013 04:32 PM

The Flyers aren't likely to be competing this year for the Cup, so why overpay for a rental?

LetsGoFlyers1825 02-24-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 60386687)

If we win the Cup, sure.

Devonator 02-24-2013 05:00 PM

What an awful proposal...right now Simmons alone is worth quite a bit more then Iggy....and a decade younger.....we would not trade Wayne
straight across for the declining Iggy and his one goal!!