HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Question about Zibanejad? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1359529)

Rodrigo 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

Question about Zibanejad?
 
Hello all,

I don't what this to be superfluous but I have been worried about this for quite sometime and I thought now was a good time to ask just so I can get it out of my head. Last season I am sure everyone remembers Zbad scored the golden goal and gave us huge hope for the future. But after that transpired he got a confirmed concussion and was rumored to of had a second. But what I am asking is should I be worrying about Zibanejad due to these issues and due to the fact he had other problems this year including dental issues that kept him out for a month? I am just worried that all these injuries, and say he gets another concussion which would be his 3rd in less than a year would be very severe and could cause permanent damage to his head.

Once you get a concussion you damage brain tissue and I am worried that could affect him long term. So do i have anything to worry about or am I just stressing myself out? And was it 2 concussions last year or just the one?

Thankyou

BK201 02-24-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose (Post 60409487)
Hello all,

I don't what this to be superfluous but I have been worried about this for quite sometime and I thought now was a good time to ask just so I can get it out of my head. Last season I am sure everyone remembers Zbad scored the golden goal and gave us huge hope for the future. But after that transpired he got a confirmed concussion and was rumored to of had a second. But what I am asking is should I be worrying about Zibanejad due to these issues and due to the fact he had other problems this year including dental issues that kept him out for a month? I am just worried that all these injuries, and say he gets another concussion which would be his 3rd in less than a year would be very severe and could cause permanent damage to his head.

Once you get a concussion you damage brain tissue and I am worried that could affect him long term. So do i have anything to worry about or am I just stressing myself out? And was it 2 concussions last year or just the one?

Thankyou

According to someone on here he suffered the same thing as Crosby.

Rodrigo 02-24-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK201 (Post 60409809)
According to someone on here he suffered the same thing as Crosby.

So it could be career threatening??

BK201 02-24-2013 10:01 PM

According to him it was a problem in the neck and not concussions.

Caje 02-24-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose (Post 60409487)
Hello all,

I don't what this to be superfluous but I have been worried about this for quite sometime and I thought now was a good time to ask just so I can get it out of my head. Last season I am sure everyone remembers Zbad scored the golden goal and gave us huge hope for the future. But after that transpired he got a confirmed concussion and was rumored to of had a second. But what I am asking is should I be worrying about Zibanejad due to these issues and due to the fact he had other problems this year including dental issues that kept him out for a month? I am just worried that all these injuries, and say he gets another concussion which would be his 3rd in less than a year would be very severe and could cause permanent damage to his head.

Once you get a concussion you damage brain tissue and I am worried that could affect him long term. So do i have anything to worry about or am I just stressing myself out? And was it 2 concussions last year or just the one?

Thankyou

I'm pretty sure that the consensus on these forums was that "dental issues" was just code for concussion issues.

BonkTastic 02-24-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose (Post 60420823)
So it could be career threatening??

AFAIK, the "career threatening" issue with Crosby was that he was mis-diagnosed in the first place. The actual injury itself wasn't as problematic as the fact that they had diagnosed something else entirely, and weren't treating the injury properly.

Rodrigo 02-24-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK201 (Post 60421313)
According to him it was a problem in the neck and not concussions.

Well that is a huge sign of relief, thankyou! Hope its true

benjiv1 02-24-2013 10:27 PM

For those doubting the issues with his wisdom teeth, take a look at pictures of Mika during the first few days of being called up.

Weeks later he still had brusing in his cheeks/jaw line.

John Holmes* 02-24-2013 10:47 PM

If Zibanejad keeps playing like he has been, I'll eat a big old plate of crow.

Milan the God* 02-24-2013 10:52 PM

My thoughts (may not be completely accurate but this is what I think):

He came back from the WJC and suffered a concussion. I hadn't heard of the neck injury so I may be wrong here. But remember he was brought in for practice at the end of the year in Ottawa and he practiced with Binghamton and got another concussion (I believe). Then earlier in the year he was out for quite a while which seemed like they were hiding a concussion.

Again, no one on here knows for sure. That's what I think. I'm a little worried, but not extremely because we don't know for sure what happened.

benjiv1 02-24-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan the Great (Post 60424323)
My thoughts (may not be completely accurate but this is what I think):

He came back from the WJC and suffered a concussion. I hadn't heard of the neck injury so I may be wrong here. But remember he was brought in for practice at the end of the year in Ottawa and he practiced with Binghamton and got another concussion (I believe). Then earlier in the year he was out for quite a while which seemed like they were hiding a concussion.

Again, no one on here knows for sure. That's what I think. I'm a little worried, but not extremely because we don't know for sure what happened.

He didn't have a concussion this year.

He had emergency dental surgery because his teeth were impacting. (causing headaches and dizzy spells, which could be confused for concussion symptoms.)

He then had complications with the recovery (much like what happened with my wife when she had her surgery), in addition to getting sick right after.

Also, BM said he was miss diagnosed in the first place last year.

HavlatMach9 02-24-2013 11:27 PM

Hakuna Matata

Best part about Zibanejad was we went from wondering where he was to him suddenly returning to the AHL then NHL.

MainDotC 02-25-2013 02:12 AM

Yes you should be worrying. Enjoy your worry.

BK201 02-25-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan the Great (Post 60424323)
My thoughts (may not be completely accurate but this is what I think):

He came back from the WJC and suffered a concussion. I hadn't heard of the neck injury so I may be wrong here. But remember he was brought in for practice at the end of the year in Ottawa and he practiced with Binghamton and got another concussion (I believe). Then earlier in the year he was out for quite a while which seemed like they were hiding a concussion.

Again, no one on here knows for sure. That's what I think. I'm a little worried, but not extremely because we don't know for sure what happened.

I've not actually heard anything either just from someone on this board. So not sure if true.

Mercurial 02-25-2013 07:59 AM

Club's don't seem to cover up concussion's as much or at all any more. Typically very open this year about them. I think someone's looking for something that isn't there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.